• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

?

This is animegaf...

wI5dEWa.png

zkylon

zkylewd
didn't do much in rocket league than relax in training mode a bit in between other league matches but man that game looks super pretty, i'd seen videos of it but it's something else when you're playing it yourself, the grass is the best grass i've ever seen i think lol.

i haven't done much more than "kick" the ball around a bit and that was pretty alright

should i do the tutorial or something like that or just jump into games?

i got the basic controls just from pressing everying

MUnited83

For you.
I haven't seen anything about the Deadpool movie, I don't even know if I'm going to see it. But still, the only thing I want of that movie is to be better than Way's Deadpool.

That shouldn't be too hard.

I will never get all the hate Waypool gets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knurek

Thanks everyone! I just got back from a long run (almost 5 miles, damn) and come back to pages of people congratulating me and wishing me well. Thank you all for being such a great community.

Please let me be the one to break your ban cherry.
just not perma, kk?

Edit: Whoops, that one went to MHWilliams. How do I keep missing?

Isn't he quite busy with running USGamer to play as a mod?

Soulflarz

Banned
Looks like I sent your invite to More_Badass instead. I'll send another one.

Edit: Whoops, that one went to MHWilliams. How do I keep missing?

W-why can't I mod animegaf ;~;

I'd be the worst mod I'd go off at people when they did bad stuff but unless it was terrible I wouldn't ban.

BigBoss

Tunnel Bear or FlyVPN or something, unless it's a 2K game, then iirc there's a PayPal check and you're SOL.

Remember to check if the games can be played in other regions. Some games can only be activated and played from Brazil now.

Thanks for the help guys but I wasn't able to buy AC Rogue or Rayman Legends, apparently all Ubi Soft game are paypal locked. I was able to buy Mad Max for $7.

just requested a refund for my Rust 4-pack. will they refund the 2 copies that I gave to my friends too? it didn't run well on any of our systems. my refund request has the full amount of the full pack, so i'm hopeful right now. will my friends have to do anything additional on their end? we only tried to play for like 30 minutes before we just gave up.

Wok

didn't do much in rocket league than relax in training mode a bit in between other league matches but man that game looks super pretty, i'd seen videos of it but it's something else when you're playing it yourself, the grass is the best grass i've ever seen i think lol.

i haven't done much more than "kick" the ball around a bit and that was pretty alright

should i do the tutorial or something like that or just jump into games?

i got the basic controls just from pressing everying

Watch this video to have more fun:
https://youtu.be/hD6V5YYmh5c?list=PLb0i_T7TnSLw1xyB-ZhA6V8RNx9JaYtKc

Sch1sm

Just noticed XCOM 2 is $80 Canada bucks. :V
That or I just forgot.

Remember when our digital steam games were cheaper than retail console copies.

Now we're just saving tax. :steamsalty:

On the plus side, our dollar went up a little! A whole 73c to the US dollar.

kagamin

Yakkue

Trails SC & FC Ending Spoilers!!
What I liked about the
Trails
FC ending was that the villains ambition wasn't something you see in every second JRPG. SC however
is
pretty much JRPG 101: Super villain wants to change the whole world, fuses with a magical artifact to transform into a
great
god-like being before I kill him. I've just
play
ed some variation of that too many times and have grown quite bored with
it
, so that was a little dissappointing. Also, the fact that you had to go back to your base everytime to change party members to see the proper ending to the pre-boss-fights felt too annoying to me at this point of the game, where you were supposed to rush to stop Weissmann. So I just kept my normal party and looked up the real ending to those fights on youtube.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What I liked about the
Trails
FC ending was that the villains ambition wasn't something you see in every second JRPG. SC however
is
pretty much JRPG 101: Super villain wants to change the whole world, fuses with a magical artifact to transform into a
great
play
it
, so that was a little dissappointing. Also, the fact that you had to go back to your base everytime to change party members to see the proper ending to the pre-boss-fights felt too annoying to me at this point of the game, where you were supposed to rush to stop Weissmann. So I just kept my normal party and looked up the real ending to those fights on youtube.

Your opinion doesn't count Yakku you like every jrpg! :(

Also I miss your avatars, my low rent paint-jobs are bumming me out

Eila

ᴬᶰᵈ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶫᶦᵗᵗᶫᵉ ᵍᵉᵐ ᵗᵒᵒ⋅⋅⋅
XwCgmln.png

Shame XSEED skipped the sale.

What I liked about the
Trails
is
great
play
it

You're wrong about SC's ending part.

His goal was to force mankind to evolve and gain absolute knowledge and intelligence. Also, he was used by the other members of Ouroboros to advance their Orpheus project to its first step, a reason why gospels were of great importance, and also why Campanella stole the wand from him during his death as its an important artifact to serve Ouroboros.

The games continue on, it doesn't end here. Hell the Third chapter gives more exposition and explanations, but several more questions like Ourboros' Grandmaster is a female because we hear her voice.

You simplify and reduce his role too much. I don't think you've paid much attention.

bbd23

uhhh guys is my hard drive dying? things were working well, I went to get some food and I came back to a slow as hell PC. restarting took forever and my disk is showing 99% usage. trying to do anything on the computer is painfully slow. it just constantly locks up.

help? :( was just browsing gaf as usual.

Yakkue

You're wrong about SC's ending part.

His goal was to force mankind to evolve and gain absolute knowledge and intelligence. Also, he was used by the other members of Ouroboros to advance their Orpheus project to its first step, a reason why gospels were of great importance, and also why Campanella stole the wand from him during his death as its an important artifact to serve Ouroboros.

The games continue on, it doesn't end here. Hell the Third chapter gives more exposition and explanations, but several more questions like Ourboros' Grandmaster is a female because we hear her voice.

You simplify and reduce his role too much. I don't think you've paid much attention.

I did pay attention and know all of those things you mentioned, that's exactly what I was talking about :) (except for the stuff about the third game, as I haven't played that.
I liked FC because the villains ambition was more low key and local, which you don't see often in JRPGs, instead of this whole "we have to change all of mankind"-stuff.

shockdude

Has anyone gotten the Steam Overlay to work in Need for Speed Most Wanted? It doesn't work for me, which means I can't use the Steam Controller with it.

Congratulations to jshackles and roboleon!

I've played more of The Bureau XCOM Declassified. I'm having lot of fun with it. Like I read up on here it plays very similarly to Mass Effect but in a XCOM universe. It's a squad based third person shooter with cooldown abilities.

[...]

Frankly it's not a bad game and you can do much worse for 4$. Even at full price I don't understand why it was panned so much. My guess is that fans didn't want this and chose the real XCOM instead.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified's biggest problem is probably that it was an XCOM game, but not one following the classical formula, when people were hungry for a "real" XCOM game. It's not even the worst XCOM spin-off, by far; I dare anyone who thinks so to try to play X-COM: Enforcer.

But despite being a spin-off, and a bit mediocre in execution, I also enjoyed this game. I did find that enemies could be extremely bullet spongey on normal and ended up dropping it down to easy because of this. But even on this difficulty, some enemies could take a huge amount amount of punishment before they went down.

I also really liked The Bureau's take on player agency (massive spoilers ahead, for anyone who hasn't played the game):
Contrary to what you are led to believe in the game, the player is not Agent Carter whom you control for most of the game. Rather, the player represents an alien entity (this XCOM's version of the Ethereal), who is subtly controlling and aiding Carter, and who is in fact the source of Carter's special abilities, which are initially explained as being due to contact with an alien artifact. I found this to be a pretty interesting take on the issue, though it felt a bit jarring when you no longer control Carter, and he turns out to be exactly the broken person he is described as in the dossiers.

Did you play the DLC? I found that the "Hangar 6 R&D" DLC was pretty entertaining, even if the premise was kind of ludicrous (even in the context of the game world), so I'd recommend that you pick it up if you feel like playing a bit more of The Bureau. The other DLC ("Code Breakers") was absurdly short, however. I think it took me less than 20 minutes to beat it, and it was rather uninteresting to boot. I'm happy that I got that one extremely cheap.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Funky Papa is a mod?
Holy shit this just too much..
I can't.

You guys missed JaseC. If anyone deserves an red name, he is the one.

Tizoc

For reals tho
Where
Is
Milamber?
Havent seen him here in weeks

It must be those korean manhwAs i tell you!

uhhh guys is my hard drive dying? things were working well, I went to get some food and I came back to a slow as hell PC. restarting took forever and my disk is showing 99% usage. trying to do anything on the computer is painfully slow. it just constantly locks up.

help? :( was just browsing gaf as usual.

It could be a hardware problem but not likely.

Maybe some automatic updates thingie kicked in. If it keeps up check the task manager and see what is eating up performance.

Are there any recommended mods for Enemy Within? I just had the game crash on me during the tutorial but I don't remember that happening with Enemy Unknown. I'm wondering if there are any stability mods out there.
It turns out that switching to borderless fullscreen stops it crashing. I haven't switched back to see if it was just a problem at that point or in general but at least it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom