• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Nah. I mean, Sega didn't bother to release a collection yet, didn't do a sequel, asking for a remake it's something impossible.
They should just relese a collection of Shenmue 1+2, instead they keep doing Sonic games.
And Yakuza on PC is not even a sure thing, sadly.

Sonic games sell.
Shenmue 1 and 2's development history prob. still scars them to this day.
Besides I'd take Sonic Colors over Shenmue 1 and 2 anyday~

Seriously though: It is all a matter of time.
Just wait
and all will be as Gaben wills it.
Gaze unto this jolly visage and let it fuel your hype for more greatness on to elevate your Steam Library!
gaben-644x250.jpg

Ezalc

I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this since I'm guessing it's not a difficult problem to fix, but rather that either I'm just not knowledgeable enough to resolve it our my pc is too shitty to run the game, hoping that isn't it.

Anyway, I'm trying to run Radial G, the early access futuristic racing game but every time I try to launch it it closes saying the visual c++ runtime library has asked to terminate the program in an unusual way. Don't understand what that means, I tried running in dx11 and 9 neither worked, disabled the antivirus because maybe it was causing some kind of incompatibility and that didn't help either. Is it a matter of updating the visual c++ thing?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Final Fantasy Tactics director's Unsung Story put on hold

On paper, Unsung Story sounds like one of my dream Kickstarters. It is, or perhaps was, a new tactical RPG "envisioned by" Yasumi Matsuno, director of Final Fantasy Tactics. His name, and a few others including talented translator/localiser Alexander O. Smith, is likely the reason backers forked out over $660,000 for the Kickstarter back in 2014. Playdek is the company developing it, however, and their Kickstarter updates have become increasingly infrequent over the last couple of years.

The latest update—four months since the last—announces that Unsung Story is currently on hold.

"There has been another delay in reporting to you since our last development update, and we apologize for that. Our continued intention is to make a great game, and get Unsung Story to development completion and released to you and the gaming public. During the last few months we have had some development setbacks that are affecting our timeline and progress on the game, while also affecting what we need to do in the immediate future as a company.

"After we posted our latest development progress, we unfortunately lost a few key staff members that were part of Unsung Story development, and that has had an impact on any progress since then, as well as our product focus. We now have one internal team capable of working on a single project, and for the financial strength of the company we need to focus on a few products in the near term that have the ability to get to a retail release before Unsung Story is able to. While this is a difficult choice to make, it is one we need to do for the ongoing financial health of the company. For Unsung Story, we will explore options for outside development help, and will look to see if we are able to bring on an outside team that can assist us in furthering development. While we aren’t assured this will come to fruition, we do want to make sure that we are exploring any options at hand that can make progress on the game."

The most recent look at the now-on-hold game came last October, via a work-in-progress look at Unsung Story's combat system. It's not clear how far along development is, but the chances of it coming to fruition are obviously currently quite slim. Many of the comments under that update post are angrily calling for refunds.

fenners

I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this since I'm guessing it's not a difficult problem to fix, but rather that either I'm just not knowledgeable enough to resolve it our my pc is too shitty to run the game, hoping that isn't it.

Anyway, I'm trying to run Radial G, the early access futuristic racing game but every time I try to launch it it closes saying the visual c++ runtime library has asked to terminate the program in an unusual way. Don't understand what that means, I tried running in dx11 and 9 neither worked, disabled the antivirus because maybe it was causing some kind of incompatibility and that didn't help either. Is it a matter of updating the visual c++ thing?

It means it's crashed because the code in the game did something bad. The visual C++ runtime is just the part of the code it crashed in, there's no update to it you can do to fix it.

Mail the devs or post on the steam community page.

Teggy

Well I just had my first xcom2 disaster. Got a mission to loot a convoy and all my snipers were down but I went anyway.

Some minor early game spoilers:
It started off quiet but the guy I was going to skulljack ran away and when I caught up with him there was a whole mess of guys including a sectoid and a snake guy. Then I triggered the skulljack not knowing what it would do, of course, and it was all downhill from there.

I'll take a mulligan on that one.

Lomax

I have a feeling this year will be pretty dark for Kickstarter games. We're three years out now from the craze, lots of stuff has released, there's been fewer headline projects recently, so now a lot of those second tier projects that still haven't come to life are going to get more and more attention. By this point, any project funded in 2013 or 2014 has most certainly burned through all the money they got, so we'll see more delays for other projects or games released with a much more cut back scope. I'm sure some of the headline games will bring a lot of good PR, but it could be a bleak year on the whole.

I have a feeling this year will be pretty dark for Kickstarter games. We're three years out now from the craze, lots of stuff has released, there's been fewer headline projects recently, so now a lot of those second tier projects that still haven't come to life are going to get more and more attention. By this point, any project funded in 2013 or 2014 has most certainly burned through all the money they got, so we'll see more delays for other projects or games released with a much more cut back scope. I'm sure some of the headline games will bring a lot of good PR, but it could be a bleak year on the whole.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 will save KS 2016. Until it is delayed, at least.

DOS2 is going to be the best. Polymorpher made it!

dex3108

Kickstarter showed people that shipping game is not that easy and why big publishers are doing some harsh things.

Ezalc

It means it's crashed because the code in the game did something bad. The visual C++ runtime is just the part of the code it crashed in, there's no update to it you can do to fix it.

I see, thank you very much.

MUnited83

For you.
Is it me or does Mirror's Edge Vsync not work? I turned it ON and I still see screen tear when playing.

Err not sure what you're talking about >_>

A game with a quite low budget where most of the budget has gone to the Transformers license?

Finished Tinertia today , its one of those hard platformers like super meat boy but instead of jumping normally you use a rocket launcher to do rocket jumps ( like in quake 3 or tf2 ) , doing rocket jumps can be a little weird at first but i got used to it after 2 or 3 stages , overall it was really fun , its on sale now btw in case someone else wants to get it.

taco543

Since no one responded previously I'll post again I have episode one of Albino Lullaby in my steam inventory first to pm me gets it.

Ezalc

You know I just tried playing a different game. This one actually launched and things were going well, it was Drive any Track, but as soon as I chose another song it crashed and it was the same message as Radial G. Can it really only be the program and not my pc messing things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom