• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

yidUzHnBk32Um9aMMw.gif

Monooboe

Very strange -- do you have it set to use any windows hibernation settings? It could be something with sleep/hibernation/power consumption... or it could be a memory leak of some sort.

Yeah I was kind of thinking that also, that maybe something eats up memory during the night and doesn't let go of it. But still, strange that it should affect games in that way. Or maybe as you also say, something to with power saving that affects the GPU in a strange way. Thankfully a computer reboot is quite fast nowadays.

Eila

That's the main reason why I never leave PC overnight anymore, my electricity bills are horrifying as it is. And with drastic idling time increase, I finally can forgo my badge collecting addiction.
I actually will go forth and make it my new lunar year resolution, no more buying games for cards, or bundles, or bundles that have games I want (that's pretty much most of them) if I won't realistically be able to play those games in my lifetime.

The biggest use I found for my W10 tablet is that it doesn't take too much electricity to leave on overnight. I use it to idle shit.
Originally I wanted it as a steam boy, but I found it didn't work very well.

Madn

Is it possible for a game to disappear from the library? I'm pretty sure I owned Bioshock as I remember completing it, however I can't find it anymore and the store page shows it as not owned

I was really looking forward to SFV, but then I clocked negativedge's R. Mika beta 4 highlight vid on Event Hubs the other day...

A rushdown, mix up, reset monster, command grappler is like all my worst nightmares rolled up into one kooky character :(

Love it.
Especially loved that super reaction to the Ryu super. Eat it, Ryu. Eat it hard.

dontbully.jpg

dobully.jpg

Is it possible for a game to disappear from the library? I'm pretty sure I owned Bioshock as I remember completing it, however I can't find it anymore and the store page shows it as not owned

Licence subscriptions can be revoked. Usually you get a notification that a game was removed from your library. This isn't exactly commonplace though.

Wok

Family sharing maybe?

Eila

Yeah, I remember activating a R.U.S.E. key I won on a giveaway and it was revoked some time after. Also, Dirt 3 when like a million copies were stolen. Both gave me a notification, though.
Also, you can also delete your own games now. Doubt that was the case, but check into that. I think it works like the recycle bin, so you can get the games back.

Red Hood

Banned

It's possible, games get removed from Steam quite frequently, but in this case BioShock isn't gone. So either you remembered wrong, or there might be some kind of an error. Check whether you can find it in your purchase history.

Family sharing maybe?
Nah that can't be it, my sisters use my account through Family Sharing all the time and nothing gets removed from my account when they're playing something.

Why isn't this the intro video?
And for fuck's sake can we ditch Evil Ryu already?
I think that is the full intro video. Everything in the intro teaser they showed previously seems to have been taken from this video, from what I can recall. I certainly hope that is the case, at least.

MUnited83

For you.
It's possible, games get removed from Steam quite frequently, but in this case BioShock isn't gone. So either you remembered wrong, or there might be some kind of an error. Check whether you can find it in your purchase history.
Games removed from Steam dont get removed from your account anyways .

Dr Dogg

Love it.
Especially loved that super reaction to the Ryu super. Eat it, Ryu. Eat it hard.

As much as Ryu has been the 'face' of Street Fighter since, well since forever the way the game is set up it looks like those fireball spammers who like to turtle it out are in for a rude awakening in V.

Phawx

Awesome news (for me). That Action! Recording software which also allows low-latency VNC got rid of the subscription. Def going to buy it on Steam now.

Wok

Nah that can't be it, my sisters use my account through Family Sharing all the time and nothing gets removed from my account when they're playing something.

I mean maybe you played the game with family sharing, with a friend's acount who owned Bioshock but not with your account.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Highly recommend this game. It's a Zelda 2 style action platformer, you'll get 15+ hours out of it, it's hard but not frustrating, I played it on Steam Controller and got it controlling fairly well. And it's only sold a few thousand copies. Highly highly recommend it. You want this game.

Stump, why can't the games you hype me up for be like 30 minutes long? I'll have to check this out, I loved Super Win the Game and this looks pretty similar. 15 hours though, that's longer than I expected just from looking at it.

MUnited83

For you.
Oh they don't? Oops, my bad.

In that case Madn, no it's not possible, unless there's some kind of weird error going on in your account.
Yeah, if they do there would be a shitstorm coming Valve's way. Its literally illegal to do so :p

And the family sharing thing might very well be it. He might have played it through family sharing with a account he no longer family shares with.

Yeah, if they do there would be a shitstorm coming Valve's way. Its literally illegal to do so :p

It might be, but a lot of other companies dont care. If you delete one app from your iOS device, that has been removed, you cant download it again.

If no one sues the company, nothing will happen. And if they sue and win, thats just one in a million, since every case would need to reviewed.

I'm still just me though, nothing to be scared of.

fellow_kids_steve_buscemi.gif

That's perfect.

As much as Ryu has been the 'face' of Street Fighter since, well since forever the was the game is set up it looks like hose fireball spammers who like to turtle it out are in for a rude awakening in V.

Since I wasn't in love with the way Ken played in my time with the beta, perhaps I will pick up Mika to start until Juri is released... this way I can be a nightmare for all the Ryu players as well as annoy everyone who takes issues with her visual design. :D

Oh they don't? Oops, my bad.

In that case Madn, no it's not possible, unless there's some kind of weird error going on in your account.

As was said by several other posters, including myself, it's quite possible Steam removed the game from his account if the key was revoked for some reason. Odd that he never saw a notification about it, but it's the most likely scenario at this point, especially since he wouldn't have removed it himself most likely (or would remember doing so). He could inquire with Steam support if he really wanted to know how/why it was taken off his account. But first, as suggested by another poster, he should check his licenses page to see if he can find a record of it being activated in the first place.

The only other explanation I can think of is that -- like me -- he had gotten a copy for PC off the GFWL store when it was $0.99 and played it there and later thought he had owned it on Steam.

Honestly, if he wanted it back, there was a flood of keys for BioShock when that 2K games bundle happened, it's quite possible there might be a modbot entry floating around for a copy... however, I think stumpokapow has cleaned out modbot at some point since that bundle occurred, meaning it's less likely the extra/unclaimed copy/copies are still out there.

Dr Dogg

I just had a mini breakdown. Went searching for my AssCreed category on Steam to see what the order looks like now and not only was it missing but close to 95% of my Steam library was gone. Then it hit me that I'm not signed in with my main account. What a muppet.

Nabs

Highly recommend this game. It's a Zelda 2 style action platformer, you'll get 15+ hours out of it, it's hard but not frustrating, I played it on Steam Controller and got it controlling fairly well. And it's only sold a few thousand copies. Highly highly recommend it. You want this game.

Best $1 you will ever spend.
Even if the PC version is extremely bare-bones.

My 2014 Game of the Year. I loved it.

Wok

I am surprised that Firewatch's score is lower than Unravel's score. I am so naive, my a priori for hyped games who fell under my radar is still wrong after all these years.

Basically, my a priori was: if a game is a pretty platformer, but there is no big name for the level design or the gameplay, I expect some kind of disappointment.

I am now waiting for tomorrow to see if I have to have another a priori for games with too many dev' achievements exhibited on the store page.

Featuring
  • Living, breathing characters brought to life by Cissy Jones (The Walking Dead: Season 1) and Rich Sommer (Mad Men)
  • A spectacular wilderness environment by Olly Moss (Illustrator) and Jane Ng (The Cave, Brutal Legend)
  • A thrilling story and script by Sean Vanaman and Jake Rodkin (The Walking Dead: Season 1, Poker Night at the Inventory)
  • A stirring original soundtrack by Chris Remo (Gone Home)
  • Fluid first-person animation by James Benson (Ori & The Blind Forest)
  • Gameplay scripting and design work by Patrick Ewing (Twitter) and Nels Anderson (Mark of the Ninja)
  • Programming by Will Armstrong (Bioshock II), Ben Burbank (Costume Quest 2, Space Base DF-9), and Paolo Surricchio (Deadpool, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare)

Sch1sm

I just had a mini breakdown. Went searching for my AssCreed category on Steam to see what the order looks like now and not only was it missing but close to 95% of my Steam library was gone. Then it hit me that I'm not signed in with my main account. What a muppet.

jon-stewart.gif

A licence being removed from your account also removes it from your licence page.

Huh... that makes it harder to track then, eh?
Suppose if he's certain he had it and cares that much about where it went, he gets to ask Steam support if they can provide information regarding its disappearance.

Dr Dogg

Well Unity is in the right place but Rogue should slot in somewhere before Syndicate.

H-How many accounts do you have?

3 technically. 1 that is lost to the ether with Half-Life, Half-Life 2 and CS 1.6 on it (tried recovering it a couple of times but can't remember enough deets or have CD keys to get it back), 1 that is my Steam account and 1 other that I use as a guest account and for some tricktsy things like setting up FM network games (run as a server and such).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom