• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Rogue should be before Unity as far as i know :D

Chronologically yes but I'd say the pay off at the end of Rogue plays out better if you've played Unity beforehand as you might end up a little befuddled. Saying that befuddled sums up most of the story in Rogue anyway.

dex3108

Chronologically yes but I'd say the pay off at the end of Rogue plays out better if you've played Unity beforehand as you might end up a little befuddled. Saying that befuddled sums up most of the story in Rogue anyway.

Well chronological order is right order for the list. :D

Yeah, it's missing a sortas value. Syndicate is "Assassin's Creed 6" as far as the client is concerned, which is why Rogue occupies the rear.

Well Ubi did update "sortas" values few months ago so they will probably update it again.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yeah the story in Rogue was a hot mess. I finished it just last month and literally all I remember about the story is "Some guy who trained as an Assassin starts helping the Templars after having a disagreement with upper management." In reality all I remember doing was "go here, kill this guy, do things for some famous person" so in short, it's an Assassin's Creed game.

Madn

Licence subscriptions can be revoked. Usually you get a notification that a game was removed from your library. This isn't exactly commonplace though.

Family sharing maybe?

Yeah, I remember activating a R.U.S.E. key I won on a giveaway and it was revoked some time after. Also, Dirt 3 when like a million copies were stolen. Both gave me a notification, though.
Also, you can also delete your own games now. Doubt that was the case, but check into that. I think it works like the recycle bin, so you can get the games back.

It's possible, games get removed from Steam quite frequently, but in this case BioShock isn't gone. So either you remembered wrong, or there might be some kind of an error. Check whether you can find it in your purchase history.

Thanks for all the answers! I had already looked through all the stores where I usally purchase games and there was no trace, neither was there a record of it in my steam list of activated licences. I tohught I was going mad as I clearly remembered owining it so I started checking my paypal transactions and found that I had bought it on GameFly. The only problem is that the site won't let me log in and even if I request a new password it doesn't send it to my e-mail. I also found a bioshock launcher somewhere in my folders that asks me to log in my GameFly account and then immediately crashes. A couple more interesting things:
1) when looking for BioShock on the Gamefly store it gives me back no results
2) I also bought BioShock 2 together and it regularly shows in my steam account

Anteater

Pfft. It's the best level in the entire game I was about to write off the entire thing as a below average platformer until that level changed things up.

i hear good things about it but it's really not so cool so far, it's visually twisted and interesting but I'm visiting houses that look the same and there aren't any interesting platforming

Backlogger

Highly recommend this game. It's a Zelda 2 style action platformer, you'll get 15+ hours out of it, it's hard but not frustrating, I played it on Steam Controller and got it controlling fairly well. And it's only sold a few thousand copies. Highly highly recommend it. You want this game.

Will it make me rage and break my controller in half or throw it at my TV like Zelda 2 did?

:)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Wow jshackles got modded, congrats man!

I'm back after being consumed by The Witness for more than a week. Even at work I kept seeing lines and tetris block in my head, fuck I loved that game.

Bough Firewatch today, can't wait to get into that tomorrow. And TR is still waiting as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for all the answers! I had already looked through all the stores where I usally purchase games and there was no trace, neither was there a record of it in my steam list of activated licences. I tohught I was going mad as I clearly remembered owining it so I started checking my paypal transactions and found that I had bought it on GameFly. The only problem is that the site won't let me log in and even if I request a new password it doesn't send it to my e-mail. I also found a bioshock launcher somewhere in my folders that asks me to log in my GameFly account and then immediately crashes. A couple more interesting things:
1) when looking for BioShock on the Gamefly store it gives me back no results
2) I also bought BioShock 2 together and it regularly shows in my steam account

It sounds as though you took advantage of this promotion and your memory of it has become fuzzy to the point that you're misremembering GameFly's client as Steam.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Detective JaseC does it again!

image.php

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Outcast 1.1 -- MB-E567DD2F9AD34DBB - Taken by Henry Swanson
Freedom Planet -- MB-92B4011AA996C8ED - Taken by Bowlie
Dyscourse -- MB-BAB59C3AF4823074 - Taken by Anteater
Super Win the Game -- MB-10BA8E462E09D39F - Taken by Madn
Dungeon Defenders -- MB-3695DAAF0D41FFD4 - Taken by TheAutomator

xezuru

Anyone pretty proficient with DS4Windows? Im good on most fronts with my profiles and setup and what now, but is there a way to permanently disable the DS4 touch pad usage as a mouse? It's super in the way, I want to play with a controller not intermittently accidentally slide my finger over and throw my camera around. :(

Nzyme32

I am surprised that Firewatch's score is lower than Unravel's score. I am so naive, my a priori for hyped games who fell under my radar is still wrong after all these years.

It isn't that way now. Currently:

Firewatch - 82
Unravel - 81

Dr Dogg

Well chronological order is right order for the list. :D

It had its moments but...

Yeah the story in Rogue was a hot mess. I finished it just last month and literally all I remember about the story is "Some guy who trained as an Assassin starts helping the Templars after having a disagreement with upper management." In reality all I remember doing was "go here, kill this guy, do things for some famous person" so in short, it's an Assassin's Creed game.

Shame really as there was definitely some potentially there at the start but it seemed to fall apart around sequence 3 and by how fast you can fly through the story section of the game nothing is really given any length of time to be fleshed out (not that any of it sticks). But then again all that really happened was to flip the roles of the Assassins and Templars around instead of trying to build an interesting story as to why someone would leave the Assassin's Order to join the Templars. Few decent set pieces though and some good chained together free running sections but looking back on it now Rogue is what it is, a side game spun off from the main series on a shoestring budget.

Nabs

Anyone pretty proficient with DS4Windows? Im good on most fronts with my profiles and setup and what now, but is there a way to permanently disable the DS4 touch pad usage as a mouse? It's super in the way, I want to play with a controller not intermittently accidentally slide my finger over and throw my camera around. :(

Open up the profile and select "Start with Slide/Scroll off" or uncheck the slide/scroll options entirely. If you start with it off, you can enable it by touching the touchpad and tapping the PS button.

i am out of space

i'm routinely deleting older pictures to make space for new ones

it's dumb

some would say it's dumb to expect unlimited storage for your screenshots... just sayin'. :D

Wind Waker aka the best Zelda

anyone who disagree with me shall be entitled the False Prophet and will have to deal with my fists

Bring it on.

I've never played Skyward Sword, but WW is definitely on the bottom of my list.
Hell, if I include the handheld LoZ games I've played (which I think is most of them sans the Oracle games on GBA, Spirit Tracks on DS, and the new one on New 3DS), it's 2nd to last, sitting above Phantom Hourglass.

Teggy

Is it bad that I'm planning to use a rookie to kamikaze the (minor xcom2 spoiler)
mindjack
? I feel sort of bad.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

anyone who disagree with me shall be entitled as the False Prophet and will have to deal with my fists

Wind Waker is tied with Majoras Mask for me, like them for different reasons though.

Actually started a playthrough(that I never finished) of WW on Dolphin with some really good texture pack, it looked amazing.

zkylon

zkylewd
majora's mask is my personal favorite

the time schedule stuff was mindblowing back then and it's still smart as hell today, and i liked the generally darker atmosphere of the game, and the mask hunting and turning into one of those plant dudes and stuff

but all the others i've played are really good too, i must've beaten ocarina like 5 times and i've played a lot of a link to the past and that original gameboy one a whole bunch too

im not judging when i sincerely ask what someone is going to do with +5k in screenshots.

I think i've taken 2 in the decade or so i've been on steam. maybe less.
i like to use them as a sort of journal as i play the game

i finish up a session and upload all my screenshot and add some commentary to them

i like doing that, idk

anyone who disagree with me shall be entitled as the False Prophet and will have to deal with my fists
i actually never played wind waker

but it's cute so i like eet

some would say it's dumb to expect unlimited storage for your screenshots... just sayin'. :D
if you're not gonna give me unlimited storage (or even a reasonable amount for 2016) at least not make the interface for managing screenshots so awful

but like i said before, your screenshot limit should scale with your level just like your friendslist

Is it bad that I'm planning to use a rookie to kamikaze the (minor xcom2 spoiler)
mindjack
? I feel sort of bad.
it's what i did, tho i didn't plan it, it just sort of happened

and he died lol

that mission's no joke

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Dr Dogg

The current exchange rate has Firewatch on the Canadian store now going for $13.87 USD.

If you want it for that much, PM me. We'll work through PayPal and I'll use your money to get a gift copy for you.

I'm reputable - have positive seller feedback in BST, done plenty of giveaways, and already helped Maniac get Firewatch.

And, I repeat: This is not for profit. This is using your money to buy games cheaper for you. Canadian titles are not region locked.

This is something I'm going to do exclusively for you guys, since I trust y'all.

Lots of games are really, really cheap right now - especially thanks to the sale.

I can also do euro/gbp!

Got a question about other games? PM me!

I'll keep this post updated.

Nabs

Got myself a steam controller. I don't have Xcom 2 so I think I'll try it with undertale.

Congrats on the Steam Controller. Break it in with a wide variety of games, and make sure to check it out with games that have great mouse support. Don't be afraid to experiment with things.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like ur new avatar cheesy

Got myself a steam controller. I don't have Xcom 2 so I think I'll try it with undertale.

undertale was kind of better for me on a keyboard

it's kind of weird, i never has a snes but i played a shit ton of snes games on emulators in highschool and i didn't have a pc controller back then so when undertale is trying to evoke earthbound the feeling i get is that this should be played with a keyboard

Try setting the DPad to touch-mode (set "Require Click" to Off; setting layout to "Radial without overlap" is also recommended), so that you only have to touch the pad to activate a direction, and see how you like that. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but has become my preferred mode for menus, items (e.g. Dark Souls), and for games like Undertale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom