• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

accel

Love the holiday sale! What's especially great is that it lasts a whole week, so even though I missed it when it started, I was still not late.

Now, let's play all these games...

def sim

oNE WEek to go, really want it release over here soon so I can play it versus with my brothers XO

One week is an eternity! I figured I'll go for it if I can get it by Friday night, otherwise I can wait until official release.

It's too bad I salted the Earth with SF4, so I won't be playing much with my friends locally.

i like ur new avatar cheesy

undertale was kind of better for me on a keyboard

it's kind of weird, i never has a snes but i played a shit ton of snes games on emulators in highschool and i didn't have a pc controller back then so when undertale is trying to evoke earthbound the feeling i get is that this should be played with a keyboard

If I eventually play undertale because I liked earthbound but assume it's average at best based on the "too much hype" rule, will I still be disappointed?

The current exchange rate has Firewatch on the Canadian store now going for $13.87 USD.

If you want it for that much, PM me. We'll work through PayPal and I'll use your money to get a gift copy for you.

Got a question about other games? PM me!

I'll keep this post updated.

I suppose working out a trade using steam items would nullify the exchange rate benefits (I'm in the EU)?

'Cause atm I only have steam moneys to buy games.

If I eventually play undertale because I liked earthbound but assume it's average at best based on the "too much hype" rule, will I still be disappointed?

naw, you got it right. It's not a bad game at all and it does some pretty interesting stuff in its design and how it plays with conventions but man, it could've been the best RPG ever and im not sure it would be deserving of the hype it got.

People will tell you that you need to replay the game after your first run. Personally, I had my fill of the game after i finished it on my first go and just looked up the stuff i missed out on after.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I was

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno, i don't really pay attention to what other ppl say when i set up my expectations for games

but if it helps, i loved undertale and i've never played earthbound for more than like 15 minutes

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Finally, a supported currency that is more unstable and unusable than Steam Trading Cards

That makes sense though. I mean, I don't know what would be more profitable (mining Bitcoin or idling trading cards) but now you can do both for free Steam monies

Jazz573

That makes sense though. I mean, I don't know what would be more profitable (mining Bitcoin or idling trading cards) but now you can do both for free Steam monies

You need a pretty good GPU to mine Bitcoins (or really any cryptocurrency for that matter) efficiently.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

That's probably the best way to go about it. Go in with little knowledge and hype and you might be really satisfied with Undertale, it's how it worked for me.

gdt

Just ordered my 980ti. First time going with a NV card.

Anything I need to do to switch them out? Just take out the 290x and put in the 980ti then work through updates and drivers? Do I need to remove AMD 290 drivers?

Will be doing this tomorrow on W10.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
tjYGmBz.jpg

Anything I need to do to switch them out? Just take out the 290x and put in the 980ti then work through updates and drivers? Do I need to remove AMD 290 drivers?

Do remove the driver to avoid conflict.

jshackles

You need a pretty good GPU to mine Bitcoins (or really any cryptocurrency for that matter) efficiently.

You need a pretty good GPU for gaming too! Coincidence? I think not...

The latter. Bitcoin mining is not profitable any more (for the layman).

I was being a bit facetious, because I know most people's GPU even in a big pool running full tilt all day will yield... not much. But if people can do it for free games, they probably will.

Jawmuncher

make sure that the profile you use lets your character move diagonally. The profile i used didn't have it until i adjusted it about 2/3s of the way in so it made the battles a bit tougher

Congrats on the Steam Controller. Break it in with a wide variety of games, and make sure to check it out with games that have great mouse support. Don't be afraid to experiment with things.

Ucchedavāda;194614236 said:
Try setting the DPad to touch-mode (set "Require Click" to Off; setting layout to "Radial without overlap" is also recommended), so that you only have to touch the pad to activate a direction, and see how you like that. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but has become my preferred mode for menus, items (e.g. Dark Souls), and for games like Undertale.

Thanks for the help. Not home yet but will be trying and looking at all of this.

i like ur new avatar cheesy

undertale was kind of better for me on a keyboard

it's kind of weird, i never has a snes but i played a shit ton of snes games on emulators in highschool and i didn't have a pc controller back then so when undertale is trying to evoke earthbound the feeling i get is that this should be played with a keyboard
I can understand that in a weird way.

Dino Crisis. #believe

Hopefully before I die.

I have a dream that one day a man can play Dead Rising 1 at a proper resolution and framerate.

#DR1Believe
DR1 along with the two standalone chapters of DR2 (Case Zero & Case West). That way the whole series can finally be altogether in one home and not all over the place.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the AMD drivers then, after switching GPUs, install the latest Nvidia ones.

I'd opt for a custom installation when installing the Nvidia drivers so you can deselect anything you don't need (e.g. the 3D Vision stuff) and would also recommend keeping GeForce Experience ticked even if you've no interest in the program as Nvidia has used it to release updated driver profiles for some games ahead of publishing updated drivers.

Edit: You'll also want to download Nvidia Inspector, just in case you need to manually fiddle with a driver profile (e.g. using community-recommended anti-aliasing flags for a game that has no official ones).

Jawmuncher

1 is by far the best one in my opinion, if you liked the 2 and 3 you'll love 1.

So long as you're ready for a steeper curve. Though I feel that added a lot to the game.

I tried to get into DR1 several times and all i remember was fuck those assholes in the park with their jeep + mounted gun

Yeah you don't wanna mess with them until you have some guns. Easy enough to get past them so long as you hug the wall to the right.

def sim

I tried to get into DR1 several times and all i remember was fuck those assholes in the park with their jeep + mounted gun

They were the biggest obstacle for me to get into the game. The fact that they respawn was such a pain in the ass. Once you get into a groove, though, the game became satisfying in a way most games aren't.

Vlad

Highly recommend this game. It's a Zelda 2 style action platformer, you'll get 15+ hours out of it, it's hard but not frustrating, I played it on Steam Controller and got it controlling fairly well. And it's only sold a few thousand copies. Highly highly recommend it. You want this game.

Got it and played a few minutes so far. Seems neat, but I'm finding myself really annoyed by the lack of control options, or the game even telling you what key does what.

So far, I've figured out that the arrow keys move, space jumps, and D shoots. As far as I can tell, this is unchangeable.

neonglow

After buying so many bundles this past month, this is how I rank the websites. Humble Bundle has the most "AAA" games while Bundle Stars usually puts highly rated indie games together. IndieGala just throws random stuff together and Groupees is like a bundle of games made by first time developers. Any other bundle sites I'm missing that I should probably check out?

Humble Bundle > Bundle Stars >>> IndieGala >>>>>>>>>>> Groupees

gdt

Use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the AMD drivers then, after switching GPUs, install the latest Nvidia ones.

I'd opt for a custom installation when installing the Nvidia drivers so you can deselect anything you don't need (e.g. the 3D Vision stuff) and would also recommend keeping GeForce Experience ticked even if you've no interest in the program as Nvidia has used it to release updated driver profiles for some games ahead of publishing updated drivers.

Edit: You'll also want to download Nvidia Inspector, just in case you need to manually fiddle with a driver profile (e.g. using community-recommended anti-aliasing flags for a game that has no official ones).

Thanks a lot.

So use use Display Driver Uninstaller, switch out the cards, then proceed to download all the Nvidia related drivers and programs.

Jawmuncher

So is the back of the controller supposed to click clack? Im talking like where the batteries Goes. Feels like there could be buttons there.
Edit: so those are buttons, interesting.

Red Hood

Banned
I'm thinking of buying GTA V, last time I played it was over two years ago on PS3. What's the cheapest it has been on Steam? According to Is There Any Deal the lowest price was 15,06 but I very much doubt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom