• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
qiMbLh4WHEZyw.gif

catching alot of crap this morning for making jokes about the chance of it coming-
3thUHK8.gif

-excited to see how my computer will handle it

Kriken

Took a look at the specs, I just barely make it over the minimum specs. I guess the mindset is "make it look pretty or play it on console"

Jawmuncher

A lot of people sure want to give up their XB1 or don't want to buy any now.

I don't think any of them really wanted the console to begin with.

For the masses it doesn't really change much. But for hardcore gamers who lets say have all systems and a decent PC it's understandable. I won't get rid of my xbox since I already have a bit of a collection going, but a good chunk of games might be passed on in favor of PC in the future if this continues. Since even with my lower GPU so long as the ports aren't shit, I should be able to run them better than Xbox One. For example even dying light on low looked better than the console versions.

Is this user known for leaking stuff or is he just making shit up?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=53311

He insists that he knows for a fact one of these games is making it to PC. €: In regards to GoW4/Scalebound
never heard of him
A lot of people sure want to give up their XB1 or don't want to buy any now.

I don't think any of them really wanted the console to begin with.

i never wanted the console, if i got it i'd only own like 4 games on it. i got almost every game i want and then some with ps4/vita + wiiu/3ds + pc.

seems like the Win10 freebie version of QB is going to be sent out as a key?

Anyone who pre-orders the Xbox One digital version of Quantum Break through the Xbox Store, purchases an Xbox One digital token at participating retailers, or pre-orders an Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break bundle, will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code.*

If so, looks like QB is going to be cheap fast on the PC, not already counting regional pricing differences

Scalebound is literally the only game I'm interested with from the Xbox One, just like Xenoblade X from the WiiU. Please be true.

I'll get Quantum Break for cheap.

Pachimari

Or they slipped up and these were supposed to be announced later. We'll see.

A mistake or a "mistake"? We'll see.

Yeah, I just want to be skeptic and hopefully surprised.

I was able to snag a copy during the glitch. I wouldn't worry too much yet, pc beta isn't until the 19th.

Nothing to get worried about, still quite a few days to go for the PC beta...

I keep forgetting that, always thinking the beta is tomorrow. I just hope they won't suspend my account on Amazon.

yeah, i just lump win10 with the win10 store and the box art only mentions win10, not the store.

I guess there's still a chance

So, if QB has those recommended specs for the PC version, how well will it run on the XBone?

I mean, the console hardware is orders of magnitude slower. 720p30 on low settings?

Alan Wake ran at 960x540 on the 360. I would be shocked if it's running at 1080p, i would even be a bit surprised it it's hitting 900p

Knurek

So, if QB has those recommended specs for the PC version, how well will it run on the XBone?

I mean, the console hardware is orders of magnitude slower. 720p30 on low settings?

It'll be heavily relying on the vram, not only the speed.

I'm not liking the minimum specs inflation that seems to be happening at the moment for console ports. I'm hoping its just laziness about testing it on lower end systems rather then how it appears like which is needing a PC far in advance of an Xbox One to actually play them.

RotTR is very demanding.

gelf

I'm not liking the minimum specs inflation that seems to be happening at the moment for console ports. I'm hoping its just laziness about testing it on lower end systems rather then how it appears like which is needing a PC far in advance of an Xbox One to actually play them.

I won't be surprised if it runs like butter on the Xbox at 1080p and then run like complete ass on PC.

Nzyme32

Someone claims Quantum Break will release on Steam, and I so hope this to be true. I just don't think it will, again my skepticism.

I hope so too, but I kind of doubt it for a title MS has ownership of while they hope to push their store. Regardless, I won't be getting it on the Windows Store for several years. I'm not putting money in another MS service till I can see it being competent for a good amount of time. I'd get it a whole lot sooner if it was a Steam release

septicore

WOW, that's huge news about Quantum Break coming to PC, although most likely a Win10 exclusive.

Which reminds me, I need to find some spare time to upgrade my PC to Win10.

rtcn63

I won't be upgrading to Win10 for another many years so guess I won't get to play it. Well, I could pick up an XB1 during the holidays.

Hektor

Do tell.
I'm serious, how bad is it?

The usual announcement hype (Which is understandable), people complaining about losing exclusives, people complaining about the system requirements already calling it a bad port, Vahihugi or whatever the dude with the UC avatar is called predicting the death of all future xbox consoles, pretty much everything you can possibly imagine spread across 5 or 6 different threads about this news.

Arthea

xenoblade x is pretty boring, the wii game/3ds port is better imo.

considering that one was pretty boring too... are you saying that X is even more boring?
Don't get me wrong, the world was nice, it had some nice monsters and some gameplay ideas that were good, but being as long game as it is, it felt like a chore after a while, repetitive and boring.

Pachimari

I'm going through 15 pages of subscribed threads, and bookmarking the ones that are worth it, while I delete all of them afterward, so I end up with 1-2 pages of active threads. What a hassle this is...

See this is the stuff I do, instead of playing my games.

The usual announcement hype (Which is understandable), people complaining about losing exclusives, people complaining about the system requirements already calling it a bad port, Vahihugi or whatever the dude with the UC avatar is called predicting the death of all future xbox consoles, pretty much everything you can possibly imagine spread across 5 or 6 different threads about this news.

So a normal day on GAF then?

I'm going through 15 pages of subscribed threads, and bookmarking the ones that are worth it, while I delete all of them afterward, so I end up with 1-2 pages of active threads. What a hassle this is...

Motherofgod......

considering that one was pretty boring too... are you saying that X is even more boring?
Don't get me wrong, the world was nice, it had some nice monsters and some gameplay ideas that were good, but being as long game as it is, it felt like a chore after a while, repetitive and boring.

well the wii one to me at least had a pretty interesting story, you don't have that in X, instead you get mechs really late in the game (i haven't reached that point, mainly cause the game is just flat out boring to play imo). also it has some pretty dumb padding like "explore 15% of the map to do this main mission", something a game this long doesn't need since its already pretty damn long.

New game, new adventure for me.

thats the thing tho, the adventure is pretty boring. Like idk if it gets better on later but from what i played the game is pretty damn boring all around. The characters are lame, and so is the overall story. theres one guy they keep calling a potato and how they're going to eat him. it wasn't funny the first time but they really keep pushing that lame ass joke.

he doesn't even look like a potato in the first place.

well the wii one to me at least had a pretty interesting story, you don't have that in X, instead you get mechs really late in the game (i haven't reached that point, mainly cause the game is just flat out boring to play imo). also it has some pretty dumb padding like "explore 15% of the map to do this main mission", something a game this long doesn't need since its already pretty damn long.

From what I've heard about it, "late in the game" for getting your mech is pretty relative here. Someone said it took about 30 hours to get the mech, but then there's at least double that left in the game.

The worldbuilding just looks too cool for me not to try the game, but I'm afraid I won't have the attention span to really stick with it.

I mean, I'm just now getting back to playing Witcher 3 (had been putting off going to Skellige) and I've read every book in English translation. I know nothing about Xenoblade other than "whoa Sci-fi Fantasy blend."

Dr Dogg

I hope so too, but I kind of doubt it for a title MS has ownership of while they hope to push their store. Regardless, I won't be getting it on the Windows Store for several years. I'm not putting money in another MS service till I can see it being competent for a good amount of time. I'd get it a whole lot sooner if it was a Steam release

See my earlier musings about greed and leaving money on the table :p

Though I can kinda see the angle they're going for here. You offer up not 1 but 2 digital copies of your game for the same price, as well as thrown in Alan Wake and its DLC as back compat on the Xbone, which on the surface looks a temping value proposition to quite a few parties. I'm sure there will be those who'd not see much in it but you essentially are offering up a product you can't trade in, so limiting used copies for what is essentially a single player game that might well be a one and done. You've also playing in the high profit realm of digital and by offering up a free sweetner of a PC version you can boast about uptake of the Win 10 store even if folks don't have a PC and/or get people on to your ecosystem by way of too. Once that has dried up to an extent, say 6-12 months down the line release it on Steam (or other services as well) and hope to pick up on those not tempted earlier.

It's a gamble and one I'm more inclined to think will not be as profitable as releasing day and date on Steam along with the Microsoft services but hey they're a company that likes the smell of their own farts so I'm not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom