• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaussTek

Wut, I really thought that the PC version of Need for Speed was out already lol.

About Scalebound and other Xbox One games on PC... we all know they are coming at some point, even if the Gamespot thing was a mistake :p

Anyway, literally the only reason I want an XB1 now is because of Rare Replay, but it's not something that I'm dying to play (and I'm just interested in the Xbox 360 games, of course).

dex3108

Why Scalebound, Crackdown 3 and Quantum Break aren't coming to PC

"In the case of things like Scalebound or Crackdown or Quantum Break, you know, just to be completely honest with you, we started those games before we really looked at expanding into Windows in the way that I wanted to bring as part of becoming head of Xbox.
"Going to those teams mid-cycle and saying: ‘Hey, by the way, I want to add a platform,’ didn’t really feel like necessarily the best way to end up with the best result for the game. They had a path that they were on. It’s not to say those games could never come to Windows, but right now we’re on the path to finish the great games that they’ve started, and I want that to be the case. These games are on a path, whereas with, like, Halo Wars 2 I had the opportunity from the beginning, when we’re sitting down with the studio, to say, ‘Here’s the target. Here’s what we wanna go do.’

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Large Professor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Large Professor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Primordia (GOG) -- MB-6A59343C1D4966D3 - Taken by Mikurden. 6 entrants total.

t1455210974z1.png

The directors' commentary for Life is Strange is really cool. I recommend it.

Unrelated, but the trailers for Californium show a lot of stuttering, as pointed out on the SPUF.

Also the games does not seem to have a huge audience.

OpfvUKg.png

Wow, you weren't kidding about the stuttering.
But the game does look quite interesting, so I think I'll keep an eye on it and see if that was just a problem with the trailers or if the game actually runs like that.

Watched Fury Road last night.

Did people actually like this? The action scenes with the war rig and stuff were pretty sweet, but the plot was just kind of there. Things just kind of happened. I also gave literally no shits about any of the characters.

It did make me want to buy Mad Max, so I guess there's that.
Yup.
Over 2200 posts now in support for Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection on PC.

Come on Konami. Stop being assholes and just do it. DO IT!!!!!!

Its inexcusable bullshit for them not to not do it. They are sitting on a gold mine and refuse to take money. Fucking Konami.

I would even be okay if they release them individually for like 20$ a pop. Just release them ffs.
Man, that would be so awesome.
They just updates the news, it's true, Quantum Break day'n'date release with Xbox One
Woah. I was cautiously optimistic that QB would come to PC at a later time but same day? Very surprising. Makes me glad.

Hm, can either imagine MS thinking more about maximizing profits than keeping full exclusives to entice people on Xbox or they don't see PC as a direct "threat" in the console struggle and Xbox's success.
Hard to know for sure how much Spencer's promotion had to do with this newfound PC "love". Can only imagine platform warriors on all ends frothing at their mouths at such news, hah.
Those are some requirements. Oh dang, Windoes 10/DX12 needed :'(
Sheesh. I doubt it was an actual mistake of the editor. Real nice.
The first of many.
This dude seems to know something and is vetted.

Nzyme32

See my earlier musings about greed and leaving money on the table :p

Though I can kinda see the angle they're going for here. You offer up not 1 but 2 digital copies of your game for the same price, as well as thrown in Alan Wake and its DLC as back compat on the Xbone, which on the surface looks a temping value proposition to quite a few parties. I'm sure there will be those who'd not see much in it but you essentially are offering up a product you can't trade in, so limiting used copies for what is essentially a single player game that might well be a one and done. You've also playing in the high profit realm of digital and by offering up a free sweetner of a PC version you can boast about uptake of the Win 10 store even if folks don't have a PC and/or get people on to your ecosystem by way of too. Once that has dried up to an extent, say 6-12 months down the line release it on Steam (or other services as well) and hope to pick up on those not tempted earlier.

It's a gamble and one I'm more inclined to think will not be as profitable as releasing day and date on Steam along with the Microsoft services but hey they're a company that likes the smell of their own farts so I'm not surprised.

This seems on point. It does bother me though how uncommitted they are to going all in. For example, their offer of a free Windows 10 copy of the game does not extend the other way around for those that buy the PC version getting an Xbox digital copy, and the offer is only available for a "limited time" (that I assume is because the price variance on PC vs Console will change to stay competitive with other PC games being lower price perhaps). Moving to Steam later in the line seems quite plausible, but would simply make many users click on to that and not bother with the Windows Store version anyway.

Also, pretty crazy that overlays do not work for Windows Store apps / games, which pretty much immediately rules out Windows Store copies for me anyway.

The salt in the Quantum Break threads is delicious.

i wonder if Gamestop is holding emergency meetings to see how they'll handled all these supposed XB1s that are flooding their stores starting today.

I imagine they were caught unprepared for what has to be millions of XB1s coming in at unrelenting waves, a deluge of modern hardware that americans have suddenly turned their backs on

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
It's Official: AssCreed Is Skipping 2016

or the first time since 2009, Ubisoft will not release a big Assassin’s Creed game this fall, the publisher said today. It’s a huge shift for their tentpole series.

Kotaku first broke news of this change last month, when we reported that the next big Assassin’s Creed game, which is code-named Empire and set in ancient Egypt, won’t be released until 2017.

Nzyme32

Sheesh. I doubt it was an actual mistake of the editor. Real nice.

The "retraction" Gamespot pretty bare. All they "regret" is that they are not "confirmed for PC"

+++ BREAKING: Free online features on PC paid for by Xbox Live subscribers +++

F6LYv79.png

I love the logic, unaware of everything that does practically the same at no cost.

Today gets better and better. It would be nice to see Assassin's Creed do some kind of innovating or something.

The salt in the Quantum Break threads is delicious.
It's natural when you make too much of an emotional bond with a corporation and console. If they'd only calm down and think about it logically, they'd see it's for the best of all, them included. Bigger audience → More sales → Higher chances at bigger & better sequels
It's not like Xbox owners get shafted either way. I am a bit skeptical looking at Potato Masher's recent performance that a PC similarly priced at an Xbox will give same experience.
Gamers always win by non-exclusivity. I don't see anyone loosing anything here.

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being a polite person. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Quantum Break for the Xbox One, nor will they purchase any of Microsofts games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel Quantum Break for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

ok, thats nice.
Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being a polite person. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Quantum Break for the Xbox One, nor will they purchase any of Micorosofts games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel Quantum Break for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.
lol the best part about this is that there is no honor or shame in american culture.

Wrong account Jawmuncher

I like Juri as well though. Maybe not to the degree Jaw does though.

Mainly posted this because Sakura was mentioned.

Ucchedavāda;194918540 said:
Looks like Juri got an upgrade .. or two.
Perhaps the artist based their drawing on the Kotobukiya figure that was released last year.

Not a fan of that costume, though. Hopefully her original one will still be available.

Probably will

Well looks like we got Juri's Redesign now. You were right about the Eye Patch.
I like it.

Not sure if it will be her default or not but I like it too.

Well Scalebound coming to PC so I officially have no reason to buy an Xbone. Thanks MS. o/

Not confirmed to be true yet. Writer misspoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom