• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Literally the worst news I have ever heard.

1biTxQ1.jpg

Jawmuncher

Ucchedavāda;194918540 said:
Looks like Juri got an upgrade .. or two.
Perhaps the artist based their drawing on the Kotobukiya figure that was released last year.

Not a fan of that costume, though. Hopefully her original one will still be available.

I like Juri as well though. Maybe not to the degree Jaw does though.

Mainly posted this because Sakura was mentioned.

Probably will

Not sure if it will be her default or not but I like it too.

Not confirmed to be true yet. Writer misspoke.

I'm going to bet that it's her new look. Since her original outfit should be her regular alt.
Or it'll be vice versa I guess. Since Cammy is in her Alt Costume there. Regardless it's good. I don't see them dropping the original for those who don't like this. Better than her Alt in SF4, which was hella bland.

So her V-Trigger is her flipping up the eye patch? That's pretty cool. Not too keen on the costume though.

You really think Feng Shui Engine will be her V-Trigger? Then again I don't know what else it would be it worked as one in SF4 more or less.

Is that AssCreed collection rumor still floating around?

I'm curious if they'll do a Buff Status for the length of V-Trigger, A full-on Counter, or just a move. Will be interesting to see.
I was never good at pulling off the counter so a Vtrigger on that would mean more work for me.

Dr Dogg

This seems on point. It does bother me though how uncommitted they are to going all in. For example, their offer of a free Windows 10 copy of the game does not extend the other way around for those that buy the PC version getting an Xbox digital copy, and the offer is only available for a "limited time" (that I assume is because the price variance on PC vs Console will change to stay competitive with other PC games being lower price perhaps). Moving to Steam later in the line seems quite plausible, but would simply make many users click on to that and not bother with the Windows Store version anyway.

Also, pretty crazy that overlays do not work for Windows Store apps / games, which pretty much immediately rules out Windows Store copies for me anyway.

Well as I said earlier it has to be leaving money on the table as there are plenty of peeps who aren't touching the Win 10 store with a whole bag of... that's probably a little too saucy for even GAF, a bargepole that's what I meant.

I think the issue arises from how Metro apps, or what ever the fuck Microsoft is calling them these days (Universal Windows Platform?) that Microsoft has mandated a lot of things essentially for compatibility across different devices but kind of upset the apple cart as to what you'd expect from a standard PC game. I don't think for example you can disable vsync or you can display your app in exclusive fullscreen either. Someone who's had a toy around with the new SDK like jshackles would know better.

Soon.

Hopefully not just a cameo.

That Art. The horror!

Just announce Watch_Dogs 2 already!

Uzzy

You really think Feng Shui Engine will be her V-Trigger? Then again I don't know what else it would be it worked as one in SF4 more or less.

It's the only thing that makes sense honestly. Fits right there too, given the other characters V-Triggers.

That Art. The horror!
Funny enough, I haven't complained about the art in SFV's story mode yet, since I thought it was okay not great, until I saw this.
This is some low rent hentai stuff.

Man I forgot about For Honor already and I was looking forward to it.
It's the only thing that makes sense honestly. Fits right there too, given the other characters V-Triggers.
True.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
BundleStars INDIE HEROES 2 BUNDLE

Save 97% on Indie Heroes 2 Tier 1, including:

The Silent Age
Velocibox
Super Motherload
Heroes of Legionwood
QbQbQb
Retro/Grade
Megabyte Punch
TransPlan

Add the original Indie Heroes Bundle and get these 8 games for just $1.99 more:

Secrets of Raetikon
Gauge
Pixel Piracy
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
PixelJunk Shooter
Kingdom Rush
Velocity Ultra
Qora

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/indie-heroes-2-bundle

Fox318

Funny enough, I haven't complained about the art in SFV's story mode yet, since I thought it was okay not great, until I saw this.

True.

what would high rent hentai stuff look like?

Wok

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being a polite person. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Quantum Break for the Xbox One, nor will they purchase any of Microsofts games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel Quantum Break for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Come on, resiliency is high on free markets.

chronomac

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being a polite person. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Quantum Break for the Xbox One, nor will they purchase any of Microsofts games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel Quantum Break for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I have to ask: are you being serious?

For your sake, I hope not, because this is borderline insane.

True.

cmonnn man you take the butt slap out but this is okay? like wtf

Jawmuncher

I still stand by that art work being awful. Fully feel they went "We need an artist who isn't busy and can whip up a BUNCH of images for us". They then saw Bengus was free and gave him a strict dead line. Which is what we have now.

Dr Dogg

As much as there will still be an AssCreed hole (and yes I'm giggling like a child whilst typing this) in my gaming calendar this year Watch_Dogs 2 with a more human and less cardboard cutout protag will probably tide me over.

The Cinematic Story Experience™ DLC that's coming later better be worth the wait.

That has to be shopped. I refuse to believe that's official art.

I refuse.
I don't want to believe either man.
Considering those tan lines, she must be really pale normally.
The art makes her look lighter really, I would say she is a little darker than that in game.
LOL

That's just atrocious! I can't believe they OK'd this artist.

cmonnn man you take the butt slap out but this is okay? like wtf
Truly a magical sight.
I still stand by that art work being awful. Fully feel they went "We need an artist who isn't busy and can whip up a BUNCH of images for us". They then saw Bengus was free and gave him a strict dead line. Which is what we have now.
I want to believe it's time constraints.
What the hell am I looking at?
200 Yen doujin you found in the back alley.

Salsa

Quantum Break PC for free on Xbone preorder = hopefully cheap codes

I mean I don't even care cause i'll run that shit at 10fps

what im really curious about in sf5 is if i was to buy both the ps4 and pc version, are the stats shared between the 2 since u got to make a new display name for sf5? also if they are shared, if i buy alex on pc do i get him on the ps4 version as well?

Pachimari

But where the fuck is Sunset Overdrive? I already finished it on Xbone, but would lvoe to play it on PC.

C'mon Insomniac.

I really loved what I played of it before I sold my Xbox One. Really hope it'll eventually find its way to PC.

There's the Windows 10 event this month. I would think a few games would drop there.

Windows 10 event? What date is that happening? Maybe we'll get confirmation of Scalebound and Gears of War 4.

So her V-Trigger is her flipping up the eye patch? That's pretty cool. Not too keen on the costume though.

I thought this was somebody joking. That's pretty cool, but I wonder why she even have the eye patch. Juri is the one character I'm looking most forward to of the Season 1 DLC.

The art for the story mode actually grew on me after I watched Vega's storyline.

Dr Dogg

what im really curious about in sf5 is if i was to buy both the ps4 and pc version, are the stats shared between the 2 since u got to make a new display name for sf5? also if they are shared, if i buy alex on pc do i get him on the ps4 version as well?

I think you have to have a separate Capcom Fighters Network account for each platform. So separate FightMonies, separate unlockables. In other words don't buy the PS4 version you goof unless you want to go cheap and play yourself to get your rank up so peeps think you're godlike.

Jawmuncher

Considering such a big part of the game (Cinematic Story Mode) is a update in June. I fully believe it was due to time constraints. They wanted to get it out before EVO 2016 and had to cut corners where they could in a sense. Better to have all your team focusing on the game's core stuff and have someone just whip stuff up for the character story mode people will play once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom