• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
But think of the Jawmuncher...

Holy schnikes, you're over 7000k? Do they even have the appropriate badges for that high yet? :lol

Wish all you like, it'll never happen.
It's less likely than Bayonetta 2 coming to other platforms.

What is the story behind these cringeworthy avatars of yours lately?

Wasn't Quantum Break confirmed for PC via some source or another over the weekend?

I'd rather it be a cameo, honestly. Though she was pretty popular in SF4, so you'll probably get your wish. Start saving your fight money.

Has it gotten massively better than the original footage that was shown off? Or did that gameplay preview (can't remember when/where it was shown last year) actually pique your interest?

What's extra battle?
The Scalebound footage looked awesome.

A part of Challenge Mode...

Extra Battle (available soon after launch) – Fight against special CPU bosses in the ultimate challenge. Earn in-game rewards upon completion.

Thanks, figured you guys were getting your information from somewhere, but it would be easier to ask/clarify in here since no links were being provided or anything. :)

This is actually bigger news than QB on PC.

I feel like we already knew this too.

I don't care I just want to kick butt with Ibuki.

Feh. Ignore him.
I'm mostly with you. The way SF4 handled arcade mode was fine -- I've never cared enough about the why/when/where of Street Fighter to need a MK/BB type story mode for the game, though if the artwork is good, that's always a plus.

Lomax

I have to ask: are you being serious?

For your sake, I hope not, because this is borderline insane.

It's a stupid Gaf pseudo meme. I feel worse about myself for recognizing it.

Fuck Humble.
Fuck Humble so hard.
Of course Tuesday will be Origin bundle.
And next Thursday we will have an MP3 weekly bundle.
(Seriously, fuck Humble)

We've had two great weeklies in a row, my wallet needs a break.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Considering Alan Wake, I don't know why anyone is actually surprised by QB on PC at all tbh.

Remedy had a say in Alan Wake's belated PC port as it sunk all of its Max Payne money into development prior to seeking Microsoft's help as publisher (it's my understanding that the game itself is jointly owned) and owns the Alan Wake IP, whereas Quantum Break is entirely Microsoft's -- both the game and IP.

dex3108

To be honest Ubisoft surprised today. I mean do you really think that EA or Activision would miss opportunity to ship game connected to movie that releases this year?

Remedy had a say in Alan Wake's belated PC port as it sunk all of its Max Payne money into development prior to seeking Microsoft's help as publisher (it's my understanding that the game itself is jointly owned by both parties) and owns the Alan Wake IP itself, whereas Quantum Break is entirely Microsoft's -- both the game and IP.

Ah, I didn't know that. I thought MS owned Alan Wake. Thanks for the correction.

Jawmuncher

Looks like C. Viper has popped up too.

Ca82Nc3UMAEFwTj.jpg
She is the only other character I want back from SF4's cast.

I'd pick up Lightning Returns for $10 if i had actually played more than a minute of FFXIII-2

look at me, being reasonable and not buying something just because it's on sale. This is the dawn of a new me, one that actually plays more than he pays

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
There’s No Downside To A Game Ditching Exclusivity

Quantum Break will never arrive on PlayStation 4, but PC owners can play it the same day as Xbox One owners. This has caused anxiety among some Xbox fans, prompting Microsoft executive Phil Spencer to digitally spar with passionate Xbox One owners. It’s been fascinating to watch.

This started when a Twitter user blasted Spencer for today’s news:

pwToe0z.jpg

Spencer was, unsurprisingly, a little taken aback.

ch7vnFU.jpg

Is this just a riff on the “console wars” argument we’ve seen play out on playgrounds and message boards since the beginning of time, in which people ascribe too much personal identity to brands, prompting them to take business decisions personally? Or is it part of an underlying frustration that Sony’s been kicking Microsoft’s butt for a while now, Quantum Break was supposed to be a way of feeling good about your purchase, and the PC release diminishes that?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

I can remember acting a bit like this guy, though. When I was younger, most of my friends owned a SNES, but one friend owned a Genesis. Most arcade ports were way better on the SNES, and we would lord that over him, loudly and constantly laughing at him for having the shittier console. But there was one exception: Mortal Kombat. Nintendo didn’t allow blood, but Sega did, and my friend reminded us of that all the time. It legitimately pissed me off.

(Thankfully, Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES had blood. Take that, Matt! Have fun with Eternal Champions or whatever.)

Exclusives are a funny business. We understand why they exist: to convince people one platform is a better purchase than the other. But they also suck, right? Not everyone can afford every console, so for many consumers, it means missing out on some awesome games. Who doesn’t want more awesome games?

We tend to view exclusives differently, depending on the context.

How many times have we heard Sony and Microsoft call a game a “console exclusive” because it’s also coming out on the PC at the same time? Goofy.

When Rise of the Tomb Raider briefly became an Xbox One exclusive, people flipped out because the last game had been released one every platform, and it seemed Microsoft was using a war chest to snatch a game for themselves. But we don’t know the context for that deal. Did Rise of the Tomb Raider become a better game because of Microsoft’s money? Maybe it didn’t make any difference.

We don’t know, though due to the budgets of games these days, it is a complex question. I’ve heard on more than on one occasion that exclusivity talks for some very big games happened because they might otherwise get cancelled, but that’s not something either company is going to brag about on stage at E3.

Spencer and Twitter Guy never really found common ground. Twitter Guy seemed to have a chip on his shoulder about PC owners in general, worried that Xbox One’s other exclusives will eventually come to the PC, as well, and that wasn’t fair because Xbox One owners had to pay for things like Xbox Live Gold.

(Quantum Break does not have multiplayer.)

AIhyNn3.jpg

Again, in a vacuum, exclusives suck. I feel bad Xbox One owners can’t play Bloodborne. I feel bad PS4 owners can’t play Quantum Break. In an ideal world, everyone gets to play everything! But we don’t live in that world, and lots of games wouldn’t exist unless companies spent tens of millions to convince us their platform is the better one. Bottom line? It’s never been better to own a PC!

Jawmuncher

Nevemrind beaten again.

Also Oro is an interesting character Jaw, quit being rude.

I don't mind Oro, but let's be real here. Do you see anyone clamoring for his return? Dude is sadly in the dust with a lot of the SF3 cast. Necro, Q, Remy, Twelve, Sean, and Q. No one seems to love those guys. Though Sean and Q are by far the two with the best chance of coming back out of all of those.

Pachimari

Are we not spoiler-tagging Street Fighter V story mode stuff in here? Now I had avoided looking at pictures in the Street Fighter V discussion thread, and then I see them pop up here. Mind you it's not a big spoiler, but I would prefer not to see them before I play the game myself.

Mivey

Exclusives are the most important ammunition in their war for console dominance. And they are already loosing against the Japanese invaders! It is only most understandable that the brave veterans of the XBone army are angered by Spencers willing surrender to the PC, which in terms of a console war is like surrending to the Swiss.

Soulflarz

Banned

The act of it ditching exclusiveness isn't annoying at all.
The "blame" lies on MS for continuously selling a console on a wall of games that they brought to everything else.
Xbone has what left, Halo and Forza?

I personally don't care since my PC kills my Xbone in performance and my Xbone was a Christmas gift, but I understand why people who bought the console for all these exclusives and have good PCs are annoyed- MS took their $300-400 and ran in their minds, leaving them with little to no reason to actually use the console.

I don't mind Oro, but let's be real here. Do you see anyone clamoring for his return? Dude is sadly in the dust with a lot of the SF3 cast. Necro, Q, Remy, Twelve, Sean, and Q. No one seems to love those guys. Though Sean and Q are by far the two with the best chance of coming back out of all of those.
I mean you are right. I am the weirdo that started playing Necro a lot in the past few months for some reason too.
Lord have mercy.
Gimmie. I don't even play Chun but, give me.

Jawmuncher

Are we not spoiler-tagging Street Fighter V story mode stuff in here? Now I had avoided looking at pictures in the Street Fighter V discussion thread, and then I see them pop up here. Mind you it's not a big spoiler, but I would prefer not to see them before I play the game myself.

That should be it. Can't think of much else that will be seen.

Looks like C. Viper has popped up too.

She is the only other character I want back from SF4's cast.

So... we can get rid of Juri then?
Or did you mean "of the 4 fighters that were new to the original SF4 roster"?
If so, I could see it, she's the only one I even partially liked, though I know Abel and Rufus were popular.

I'm sure we'll be saying the same about most of the new SFV fighters for SFVI someday.

Why only on Steam?

Uh... what thread is this?

But seriously, some people in here do no like other DD platforms, so they avoid Origin, uPlay, etc.

Oro has shown up to. But no one misses that guy.

Pretty much.
I'd say the same for the majority of the 3S roster as well. :p

That should be it. Can't think of much else that will be seen.

This just in: Street Fighter characters from SF4 and SF3 appear in the Street Fighter story that takes place between SF4 and SF3.

Tizoc

Bruv
take it from someone who has more FG video game lore knowledge than anyone has any right to
Don't let it bother you
Cuz it won't matter 6 months after the game's release :V

Jawmuncher

So... we can get rid of Juri then?
Or did you mean "of the 4 fighters that were new to the original SF4 roster"?
If so, I could see it, she's the only one I even partially liked, though I know Abel and Rufus were popular.

I'm sure we'll be saying the same about most of the new SFV fighters for SFVI someday.

Uh... what thread is this?

But seriously, some people in here do no like other DD platforms, so they avoid Origin, uPlay, etc.

Pretty much.
I'd say the same for the majority of the 3S roster as well. :p

This just in: Street Fighter characters from SF4 and SF3 appear in the Street Fighter story that takes place between SF4 and SF3.

I meant besides Juri. C. Viper was the only other newcomer for SF4 that I ever liked.

Pachimari

I'm just sensitive to spoilers, because I have been spoiled on games one too many times here on GAF. I don't have a problem with what Jawmuncher have posted, but I don't want to see the story mode content, because that's exactly what is drawing me and a lot of new players to the franchise in the first place. To learn more about the lore or stories while playing the game is satisfying to the point, where one would begin to invest more time in the mechanics themselves, and grow a relation to the characters.

It was more like a "please don't most more scenes from the story mode", because that will partly ruin it for me, and I can imagine others. But I'm fine with what Jawmuncher have posted, no hard feelings.

I meant besides Juri. C. Viper was the only other newcomer for SF4 that I ever liked.

I'll agree with you on that... though seeing some of the crazy Hakan shenanigans during EVO was kinda fun, I never liked watching Rufus/Abel matches.

But if Poison is considered new to SF4 (in some capacity), she's more important to me than Viper.

checked the SE sale to see if Life is Strange was on sale and of course it wasn't

I just want to pay less than $10 for it. why is everyone fighting me on this

They're trying to save you from the crushing disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom