• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, all those are coming to PC...

z12w7.jpg
PS4?
NXwZfbo.gif

I kid-of course

I keep telling myself that I'm going to buy a PS4, but I can't even make time for my X1/PS3/Vita/WiiU.

Playing and reviewing games on Steam takes up too much of my time.

Post processing is disabled in PCSX2 for MGS3 so you do lose quite a few effects. Easiest direct comparisons is the codec call screen. Plus the game is limited to 30fps and while there's cheat tables to remove this you need ridiculous sequential CPU speed to maintain it. Right now personally I'd say PS3 HD collection is the best way to play MGS3.
I thought that the 360 versions of games were generally better than the PS3 ones. Is this not the case for MGS?

I'm actually thinking of buying a PS4 in the next few months, if I can find a deal to get one for around $250-$300. There are probably a couple dozen games at this point that I wouldn't mind playing, plus my local game rental store has game rentals on the cheap so I can play all those for practically nothing.

Dr Dogg

I didn't know of missing effects. Bummer.

The first opening shot where you get full control you can see something is a bit off and then you realise the lightshafts and bloom are absent. You can run PCSX2 in Software mode but you can't alter the rendering resolution or have access to any direct X options like AA, texture filtering and such. Plus it runs totally on the CPU so will really chug unless you've got a monster. Okami is the same way and really a lot of that game's charm comes from its filters and post effects.

I thought that the 360 versions of games were generally better than the PS3 ones. Is this not the case for MGS?

Runs about the same (both tank when any alpha effects are going on ie when Volgin is showing off) but seeing as it was a PS2 title first and foremost, which made extensive use of the Dual Shock 2's pressure sensitive buttons for various critical actions like lowering your weapon, CQC and peaking, on 360 and Vita the control schemes are altered somewhat. It's a more fluid experience on PS3 thanks to the Dual Shock 3 also having pressure sensitive buttons.

PS4 clearly. Ubi has shown PC doesn't sell games.

I wonder if The Division being a Clancy title and all will do stupid business on PC?

Knurek

Not seeing any mention of crafting there.
Or naked dicks.
Rust devs can still feel safe.

The first opening shot where you get full control you can see something is a bit off and then you realise the lightshafts and bloom are absent. You can run PCSX2 in Software mode but you can't alter the rendering resolution or have access to any direct X options like AA, texture filtering and such. Plus it runs totally on the CPU so will really chug unless you've got a monster. Okami is the same way and really a lot of that game's charm comes from its filters and post effects.

Hasn't the recent fix for OpenGL blending mode corrected that?

Dr Dogg

Hasn't the recent fix for OpenGL blending mode corrected that?

Haven't looked in a while but when I did a couple of weeks before MGS 5 it still wasn't right. And you've still got a lot of other limitations compared to the HD Collection. Maybe it's been looked at again but it's still far from ideal. Ultimately for preservations sake Konami would rehire Bluepoint to bring that over to PCs and put pressure sensitivity options in for those that connect a Dual Shock 2 or 3 but not be malware like motioninjoy was.

Uzzy

So, SFV won't have lobbies in at launch. This sucks, and will lead to an obvious delay for SteamGAF Friday Night Fisticuffs.

Well, at least for SFV. Ultra's farewell is still on!

Information said:
VaOZMR8.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1455307200z0.png

What we are playing:
We will be playing in an Endless Battle.

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam

Players
  1. Uzzy
  2. Spirited
  3. Gipsy Danger
  4. Messiah
  5. ViviOggi
  6. *
  7. *
  8. Jawmuncher (Temp)

Pachimari

Someone in here is using Flickr right? How do I get an embed code of an image for use on forums like GAF? I'm using the mobile app of Flickr.

As a consumer, i agree 100% and want all that shit on the PC. So many great games that i love are stuck on Sony consoles and i have to either wait for emulation or hope that people are as crazy as Sega and willing to port their ancient PS3 games to PC.

As a person who is putting themselves in their shoes: why? They don't have an OS to push nor do they have a store on that OS that they're pushing. I don't see where they have to gain, especially given that they have nearly 40 million PS4 users out there already hungry as hell for exclusives and reasons to use their machines.

However, i can see them continuing to let indies who work with them put their stuff on PC, Like Everyone and Helldivers. and i could see them putting some of their VR stuff on PC, too, since VR doesn't seem like it's stuck in the dumbass console wars stuff.

As a person who is putting themselves in their shoes: why? They don't have an OS to push nor do they have a store on that OS that they're pushing. I don't see where they have to gain, especially given that they have nearly 40 million PS4 users out there already hungry as hell for exclusives and reasons to use their machines.

Dumb question: Does exclusive actually matter that much to the average PS4 owner? I can of course see wanting games to play on your PS4 (or whatever platform you prefer), but is the exclusivity status of those games that important to people other than (what I naively assume to be) a vocal minority? I've never owned a console myself (so I am speaking from a position of ignorance), but I've personally never considered the exclusivity of a title when deciding whether or not to purchase it, across the platforms I have (had) access to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom