• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Quantum Break being cross-buy is surprising. Good on them?

Anyway, I'm going to check if my local mom and pops are getting SFV soon. Kinda hoping not!

I'm going to bet that it's her new look. Since her original outfit should be her regular alt.
Or it'll be vice versa I guess. Since Cammy is in her Alt Costume there. Regardless it's good. I don't see them dropping the original for those who don't like this. Better than her Alt in SF4, which was hella bland.

I would be fine with either of those options, as long as the original is included. And yeah, her first few alt costumes in SF4 were definetly not very interesting. It wasn't until the "Wild" and the "Horror" DLC that she had some really good alts (IMO, of course).

I'm just sensitive to spoilers, because I have been spoiled on games one too many times here on GAF. I don't have a problem with what Jawmuncher have posted, but I don't want to see the story mode content, because that's exactly what is drawing me and a lot of new players to the franchise in the first place. To learn more about the lore or stories while playing the game is satisfying to the point, where one would begin to invest more time in the mechanics themselves, and grow a relation to the characters.

It was more like a "please don't most more scenes from the story mode", because that will partly ruin it for me, and I can imagine others. But I'm fine with what Jawmuncher have posted, no hard feelings.

I'll second this.
While I primarily got SFV for the online VS, I am also rather looking forward to playing through the story mode of the game, both the initial one and the full-blown story-mode that we are getting later.

Between the monthly bundle, delays/vacations and the ho-hum response to all their Ubisoft bundles, disappointment is now the norm.

They have just set the expectations too high. The same goes with Steam.

I miss the good old days of popular indies discounted 75% and/or bundled within 6-9 months of their release though.

Knurek

Steam keys for DROD 4, DROD 5 and DROD RPG are up on Caravel for people who registered their GOG purchases.

(Look in your profile page, not on the downloads page).

Second game that I know of that provides Steam keys for GOG purchases!

I miss the good old days of popular indies discounted 75% and/or bundled within 6-9 months of their release though.

I dont think they set the expectations too high. The gamers themselves set their own expectations too high.

When Humble started there were like what? 2 or 3 bundles each year with great games.
I think even now in 1 year we have more than 2-3 bundles that have great games. We just had a Ubisoft bundle and I am sure we get at least another 1-2 AAA bundle besides the normal "good Indie Humble Bundle".
And besides that we get weeklys, that are hit and miss and even then its a hit and miss, because some of the weekly bundles are genre-related so if a publisher just releases RTS-games, people who dont like it wont buy it.

Yeah, but the player base has changed too. We've been gorging ourselves on years of absurdly-cheap prices and bundles. I've finally hit the saturation point after 2,900 games, and I suspect a lot of others have too.

I'm at the point where I'm not buying 2/3rds of the bundles I see, not because I don't want it, but because I own the majority of games in them.

Vamphuntr

Just saw the Quantum Break announcement. Missed the fireworks I guess. Then I saw the recommended specs. My poor 970 and i7-4790k are weeping in shame. Hopefully it's for 4K or some really expensive effects. Is it going to be the first big DX12 game?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The Ship: Remasted is coming to Early Access in 4 days.

People who got invited for the closed Beta get it for free.

Additionally, there's a 20% discount for those who own the original game, which is, well, just about everyone.

Dr Dogg

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - PS2 Gameplay 1080p (PCSX2)

Hm, I'm not seeing any issues emulating this. Maybe newer PCSX2 solved problems.

Post processing is disabled in PCSX2 for MGS3 so you do lose quite a few effects. Easiest direct comparisons is the codec call screen. Plus the game is limited to 30fps and while there's cheat tables to remove this you need ridiculous sequential CPU speed to maintain it. Right now personally I'd say PS3 HD collection is the best way to play MGS3.

yuraya

Wow some people seem to be really devastated that QB is coming to PC. I hope those people understand this is only the beginning. PC gaming is growing at such an alarming rate its just not feasible for any dev to avoid it anymore. This stuff will happen more n more as the years go. Its kinda sad to see some hardcore console gamers be so heart broken and develop these crazy elitist attitudes.

MUnited83

For you.
Additionally, there's a 20% discount for those who own the original game, which is, well, just about everyone.

I do gotta say, I don't understand their process: they sent the closed beta keys two days ago; the early access version releases not even 1 week after it lol.

The game is also releasing in EA with Lan-only mode which seems like a terrible decision to make.

Wow some people seem to be really devastated that QB is coming to PC. I hope those people understand this is only the beginning. PC gaming is growing at such an alarming rate its just not feasible for any dev to avoid it anymore. This stuff will happen more n more as the years go. Its kinda sad to see some hardcore console gamers be so heart broken and develop these crazy elitist attitudes.

when your whole life you've been trained to be a warrior you'll find yourself at a loss for what to do during times of peace

Post processing is disabled in PCSX2 for MGS3 so you do lose quite a few effects. Easiest direct comparisons is the codec call screen. Plus the game is limited to 30fps and while there's cheat tables to remove this you need ridiculous sequential CPU speed to maintain it. Right now personally I'd say PS3 HD collection is the best way to play MGS3.
I didn't know of missing effects. Bummer.

Unless you're a Koala fucker I don't think you'd need to worry. :p

It's not about people, but the koalas themselves. They can't cure the disease, if it's in advanced state and for the ones that have it in early stages, collecting them all and curing them seems like a hassle, so the suggestion is cull.

GaussTek

Rayman Origins Uplay.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (Uplay) -- MB-AF067758B5799D50 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

I'm considering the things i would give up just for a Bloodborne-on-pc announcement. I would expect gaf to 404 from all the salt their servers were being flooded with

and this comes from someone who owns every machine so it isn't even as if i can't just pick up the game right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom