• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we already knew this too.
A thread was made when AssCreed skipping this year when the rumor came up rom 4chan, turns out 4chan is right.
DCHb.jpg
That's what happening to GAF right now.
Oh man, all those are coming to PC...

z12w7.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
would be nice if someone makes an xcom 2 mod that makes it look like the bureau

i like how xcom 2 looks but you know, could be really cool

AHA-Lambda

Well I had a fantastic day!

Slipped on ice and smacked my face off the pavement, leaving a giant gash above my eye. Spent hours in A&E then got it glued back together.

Almost certainly going to develop to a black eye and leave a scar >_<

Urgh, something to keep it on topic I guess, hefty news day no?

ATVI and Ubi fiancials
No AC (yay!)
MS coming to PC

Cool stuff

Dsyndrome

Wish that GMG 30% code worked on more than just Far Cry Primal and the Division, was looking to lock up Dark Souls 3 so I wouldn't have to worry about it in two months.

Smash88

Banned
It still blows my mind people are actually considering getting rid of their console because of one exclusive. They bought it for the wrong reason then if that's all they bought it for. They feel like Microsoft owed them something? I haven't seen this big of a collective Neogaf meltdown in a while.

I can't wait for a future where exclusives no longer exist and people play on what they want and enjoy any game out there.

Slipped on ice and smacked my face off the pavement, leaving a giant gash above my eye. Spent hours in A&E then got it glued back together.

Urgh, something to keep it on topic I guess, hefty news day no?

ATVI and Ubi fiancials
No AC (yay!)
MS coming to PC

Cool stuff

Chicks dig scars.

Port begging is frowned upon because it derails discussions, but when that Sony thread is essentially about asking for PC ports, does people complaining about port begging now count as thread whining?

Port begging is frowned upon because it derails discussions, but when that Sony thread is essentially about asking for PC ports, does people complaining about port begging now count as thread whining?

Double standards.

As long as they all become PC/Steam converts, I don't care.

I can't wait for a future where exclusives no longer exist and people play on what they want and enjoy any game out there.
Sounds nice, but the only real way that happens if the future only has one platform to play games on. Development costs, hardware architectural decisions, and advertising money will always try to lock down at least a few games.
Steam needs multiple wishlists :)

Or at least the real one and the bundle one
Adding bundles to your main wishlist sounds nice, actually.

Mivey

The goal of that thread is far more nefarious: It's about porting the last remaining console itself to the PC. Then, all of GAF ... will be ANIME! I mean .... SteamGAF!

I ate it Monday. Thankfully my knee volunteered to cushion me from the sidewalk. I may get a scar but it won't be cool like yours.

Smash88

Banned
Sounds nice, but the only real way that happens if the future only has one platform to play games on. Development costs, hardware architectural decisions, and advertising money will always try to lock down at least a few games.

Yeah I guess it's naive of me to hope for that. It's never that clear cut. I just wish people wouldn't be so restrictive of the notion. I don't wish it of PC only games and I don't think others should as well, it's not healthy to the gaming community and to ourselves.

MUnited83

For you.
Whatever you do Wok don't look at Bernardo's or Redlacs' wishlists. You think a couple a hundred is a lot then you haven't seen nothing yet.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get to do some recommendation queues, haven't done any since Winter Sale, gotta catch up and add a few more hundreds to it :p

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone know of a good alternative to dropbox that also gives you direct link to images so i can link to them here?

cos google drive doesn't let you link your image in img tags or anything

needs to be a desktop app

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
anyone know of a good alternative to dropbox that also gives you direct link to images so i can link to them here?

cos google drive doesn't let you link your image in img tags or anything

needs to be a desktop app

ShareX is what I use these days. It allows you to connect to several image/file hosting accounts, and you can automate it so screencaps are uploaded to your service of choice automatically. I have it connected to my imgur account now that minus is as good as dead, and it's pretty much perfect.

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you talking about link or embed?
basically i used a free service called copy before to have like a dropbox folder with all my pictures and then i right clicked->copy public link and voila

i tried google drive and dropbox but they're both just giving me download links, not direct links to the images and dropbox doesn't really have enough space anyways

ShareX is what I use these days. It allows you to connect to several image/file hosting accounts, and you can automate it so screencaps are uploaded to your service of choice automatically. I have it connected to my imgur account now that minus is as good as dead, and it's pretty much perfect.
hmm but can i like just dump crap in a folder and will it upload it?

cos that's kind of what i want

i don't want my stuff online

basically i used a free service called copy before to have like a dropbox folder with all my pictures and then i right clicked->copy public link and voila

i tried google drive and dropbox but they're both just giving me download links, not direct links to the images and dropbox doesn't really have enough space anyways
OneDrive can generate embed links, try it.

Momentary

Banned
There have been meetings where shareholders basically told MS to stop messing around with its closed platform that makes the company negligible income. Why are people so surprised that these topics during their meetings are starting to come to fruition?

'Tis a dark day on neogaf.

Better stay out of certain threads in gaming.

When you think about it, it's very similar to the cave allegory. A subset of people have discovered that their small speck of existence is much larger than they realized, and they've finally opened their eyes to a brave new world.

They're casting aside their crude implements and jumping headlong into the future.

It's beautiful. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom