• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of their 2016 lineup is coming to PC:

Quantum Break (Xbox One & Windows 10) – April 5, 2016
Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Fall 2016
Fable Legends Open Beta (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
ReCore (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
Sea of Thieves (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
Gigantic (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
Cuphead (Xbox One & Steam) - 2016
Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Windows 10) – Spring 2016
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
Cobalt (Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Steam) – Feb. 2, 2016

The only exceptions:
Gears of War 4 (Xbox One & that Gamestop leak tho) – Multiplayer Beta in Spring 2016/Launch in Fall 2016
Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer in Summer 2016

Faith on Microsoft.. restored?

Perhaps we should make a Windows Store thread on gaf soon..

rtcn63

Christ, right now my eye looks like something from the Resi Revelations 2 box art D:

You got the pinkeye?

South-Park-Season-1-Episode-7-26-fd47.jpg

The Sale is almost over. I got just enough for a 49 cent game. Someone recommend a 49 cent game for me (that I don't have and yes I already have Bad Rats.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why is that list assuming Cuphead will be on steam unlike the rest

AHA-Lambda

Good Lord, what in the world have you done? Illegal backyard cage-fight?

Slipped on ice and smacked my face off the pavement, leaving a giant gash above my eye. Spent hours in A&E then got it glued back together.

Almost certainly going to develop to a black eye and leave a scar >_<

I need to walk around with sunglasses on obv, so I look like a total tool wearing them in the middle of winter and especially so at night :p

I need to walk around with sunglasses on obv, so I look like a total tool wearing them in the middle of winter and especially so at night :p
Oh man, sorry to hear. Get well soon. At least it's a nice way to tell a cool story about a bar fight ;) Sorry about the wink-emote, not picking on your eye.
On second look, I just realized that the white middle part of your eye is actually your closed eye-lid. At first I thought it's your zombified eyeball, haha.

AHA-Lambda

Oh man, sorry to hear. Get well soon. At least it's a nice way to tell a cool story about a bar fight ;) Sorry about the wink-emote, not picking on your eye.
On second look, I just realized that the white middle part of your eye is actually your closed eye-lid. At first I thought it's your zombified eyeball, haha.

Thanks man, appreciated :)

Yeah never going to happen. Sucks.

Of course it's not. There's no way that business model would work. If everyone was essentially a 3rd party publisher and had to make their games run on all available hardware, games would likely never be made.

Spoken like someone who has no friends.

Having friends has nothing to do with it. Co-op has a time and place and can be fun in the right circumstances...

However, I prefer single player experiences and things that aren't tailored towards a two (or more) player experience. Resident Evil 5 suffered from this problem. Dead Space 3 suffered from this problem. I truly hope that Dark Souls and other FROM games in the same vein don't ever have to deal with a focus on co-op play. There's something special about the way FROM crafted the co-op/PvP system, jolly cooperation in particular, for their games and it would be a damn shame to have it ruined so that two people who apparently can't enjoy something by themselves.

Jawmuncher

I play all soul bosses with a ranom coop partner. I like doing the levels myself and seeing who is there to help on a boss. With that said I hated the bell system. It was more suited to Ringing and just playing, which I don't like to do. I summon right in front of the boss gate. There was a few bosses where I just waited for someone to show up.

So glad to go back to summon signs in DS3.

Did I read the Quantum Break thing right? If my friend preorders on Xbone I can get his PC code for free?

Also feeling excited, got an interview at a veterinary clinic this coming Wednesday!

First few weeks of Win10's launch, there's a bug, if triggered, would make the App Store and all the apps downloaded through it inaccessible, they just crash instantly when launched. I had to reinstall Windows because of it.
Yeah, something is really screwy with my win10 right now as none of the Windows apps can access the Internet but the rest of my programs can.

I guess I was due for a full wipe anyhow. I'll steam move the few games I have on my ssd and do a wipe this weekend. I guess I'll need a key for that first though? Anyone got a guide I can use?

Did I read the Quantum Break thing right? If my friend preorders on Xbone I can get his PC code for free?

Also feeling excited, got an interview at a veterinary clinic this coming Wednesday!

I doubt it works like that. The game probably gets tied to the Xbox profile (that's why the offer is for the digital version)

"Anyone who pre-orders the Xbox One digital version of Quantum Break through the Xbox Store, purchases an Xbox One digital token at participating retailers, or pre-orders an Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break bundle, will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code."

I doubt it works like that. The game probably gets tied to the Xbox profile (that's why the offer is for the digital version)

Yeah, was thinking so too. But whatever, I can always buy it myself if I need to.

edit: but the wording on redemption code was why I asked. If it works that way, my friend and I will split the game cost I think.

MUnited83

For you.

It's for the physical version too I think, so it's probably a separate code.

edit: ooops, nevermind. However, they do still say it's via "redemption code", aka, something you have to input as a extra. The wording suggests that you don't get it automatically when buying the game, but through a redemption code instead.

I play all soul bosses with a ranom coop partner. I like doing the levels myself and seeing who is there to help on a boss. With that said I hated the bell system. It was more suited to Ringing and just playing, which I don't like to do. I summon right in front of the boss gate. There was a few bosses where I just waited for someone to show up.

So glad to go back to summon signs in DS3.

Yeah, I didn't use much co-op at all in Bloodborne until the DLC areas, where the bosses were so aggressive that having a second person for them to target and let some of their focus come off you was worth the increase the boss got in health/defense.

With the Souls games, I usually tend to put my sign down in front of a boss long before I ever take it on -- I use this to learn the boss patterns and attacks before I go after it as well as taking the opportunity to get souls and level up.

Yeah, was thinking so too. But whatever, I can always buy it myself if I need to.

edit: but the wording on redemption code was why I asked. If it works that way, my friend and I will split the game cost I think.

How is there any question to this?

Essentially, if you redeem a code for it on the XBL marketplace (for your X1), you will get it on W10, should you sign into the store with the same email that it is already tied to.

Note that the wording says nothing about a "physical copy" or "second code for redeeming on the w10 store."

And it makes perfect sense, because MS doesn't want people doing what they did with Portal 2 on PS3: Buy the game on PS3, then sell the Steam code to recoup some of the cost. It essentially cuts a large margin of sales/profit from MS's pockets if it were the way you want it to be.

Uraizen

Banned
I don't mind Oro, but let's be real here. Do you see anyone clamoring for his return? Dude is sadly in the dust with a lot of the SF3 cast. Necro, Q, Remy, Twelve, Sean, and Q. No one seems to love those guys. Though Sean and Q are by far the two with the best chance of coming back out of all of those.

Nobody loves Q? Dude.

jediyoshi

Essentially, if you redeem a code for it on the XBL marketplace (for your X1), you will get it on W10, should you sign into the store with the same email that it is already tied to.

Note that the wording says nothing about a "physical copy" or "second code for redeeming on the w10 store."

I'd be amazed if this were the case as the Windows 10 store isn't actually that well integrated with their other services.

Jawmuncher

Impressions/Review

Beat Undertale, took me about 7 hours. Was pleasantly surprised that the positive talk for this game held up when I played it. It really was a great experience and had I played it in 2015 it would have made it high on my GOTY list both for Steam and Regular. This is definitely a game where going in blind further improves your enjoyment. So many neat things and moment's throughout the game that I was glad weren't spoiled for me.
Was surprised in how such a short play time, I came to really like the character's and remember them all so well. Really takes some crazy craftsmanship to be able to pull that off in a game for me. The graphics had a nice look to them with the variety of styles going. The music as well was outstanding especially in battles.
It's easily worth more than the 10 dollar price, and the current 8 dollar price is a steal. This is definitely a game I would say that if you're someone who plays a multitude of genre's needs to play this. Usually I go more in depth on the game, but as I said above i'd rather not risk spoiling anything.

Steam Controller Use: Worked just fine with the steam controller. I used the first config and (as was recommended here) after changing the analog to emulate a Dpad that prioritizes diagonals, I didn't need to do any other tinkering.

Thanks to Hero Prinny for the gift.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, I didn't use much co-op at all in Bloodborne until the DLC areas, where the bosses were so aggressive that having a second person for them to target and let some of their focus come off you was worth the increase the boss got in health/defense.

With the Souls games, I usually tend to put my sign down in front of a boss long before I ever take it on -- I use this to learn the boss patterns and attacks before I go after it as well as taking the opportunity to get souls and level up.

How is there any question to this?

And it makes perfect sense, because MS doesn't want people doing what they did with Portal 2 on PS3: Buy the game on PS3, then sell the Steam code to recoup some of the cost. It essentially cuts a large margin of sales/profit from MS's pockets if it were the way you want it to be.

But it says "will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code.". Assuming this is true for every version, then you'd get a separate code for buying it from XBL...

Probably?

Just because Q was up near the top of the player poll for who they'd like to see return (or whatever that was) doesn't mean the development team will bring him back for certain.

I'd be amazed if this were the case as the Windows 10 store isn't actually that well integrated with their other services.

Prepare to be amazed... otherwise, MS is in for a load of missed sales. The number of people selling KI codes will be ridiculous.

Jawmuncher

Probably?

Well I mean he was high in that ranking, but as I said with capcom not doing anything with him. I dunno what the deal is.

But it says "will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code.". Assuming this is true for every version, then you'd get a separate code for buying it from XBL...

I got the impression that it was only for digital copies. But digital copies anywhere.
So if you bought a digital code on amazon for example of the Xbox One version you would get one for each. While buying on XBL would probably get the other code emailed to you.
It would make more sense to have them included in retail copies, but unless that is for certain. i'm just assuming that they're trying to limit the second hand market.

Yeah, something is really screwy with my win10 right now as none of the Windows apps can access the Internet but the rest of my programs can.

I guess I was due for a full wipe anyhow. I'll steam move the few games I have on my ssd and do a wipe this weekend. I guess I'll need a key for that first though? Anyone got a guide I can use?
You mean the product key for windows? If you are using free upgrade, I don't think MS gives you a win10 code.

I want Sakura back first. #20YearOldSchoolGirlPower

And I want Cody back. Get in line.

I got the impression that it was only for digital copies. But digital copies anywhere.
So if you bought a digital code on amazon for example of the Xbox One version you would get one for each. While buying on XBL would probably get the other code emailed to you.
It would make more sense to have them included in retail copies, but unless that is for certain. i'm just assuming that they're trying to limit the second hand market.

I'm pretty sure that all digital copies will get a copy of the W10 version... solely because they're trying to make it work like the cross-buy Sony has set up with Vita/PS3/PS4.

I really doubt they'll be handing out a W10 code with every X1 code.

Impressions/Review

Beat Undertale, took me about 7 hours. Was pleasantly surprised that the positive talk for this game held up when I played it. It really was a great experience and had I played it in 2015 it would have made it high on my GOTY list both for Steam and Regular. This is definitely a game where going in blind further improves your enjoyment. So many neat things and moment's throughout the game that I was glad weren't spoiled for me.
Was surprised in how such a short play time, I came to really like the character's and remember them all so well. Really takes some crazy craftsmanship to be able to pull that off in a game for me. The graphics had a nice look to them with the variety of styles going. The music as well was outstanding especially in battles.
It's easily worth more than the 10 dollar price, and the current 8 dollar price is a steal. This is definitely a game I would say that if you're someone who plays a multitude of genre's needs to play this. Usually I go more in depth on the game, but as I said above i'd rather not risk spoiling anything.

Thanks to Hero Prinny for the gift.

If I buy this before the sale ends tomorrow, I will be blaming you for pushing me over the edge, should I end up disliking the game.

Last Sakura Appearance - USFIV (August 2014)
Last Q Appearance - SF3HD (August 2011)

Q deserves it more due to last appearance.

In that case, get ready for one of the following:

Sodom, Eagle, Maki, or Ingrid.

I'd be amazed because I don't think there's a mechanism in place in the Windows 10 store to cross reference the XBL account of the same account that's currently being logged into. At best they'd launch the Xbox app and pop up another login prompt for that, but at that point you'd be able to sign in with anything. It'd be ironic if you could just end up using the game sharing techniques from consoles at that point.

At the very least, I would think, should they not have a mechanism in place, that they would be working on adding some sort of "link". But my XBL email address works through the MSDN site (and it effs me up sometimes because I need to log in with my work email so I can access my proper MSDN subscription).

jediyoshi

Prepare to be amazed... otherwise, MS is in for a load of missed sales. The number of people selling KI codes will be ridiculous.

I'd be amazed because I don't think there's a mechanism in place in the Windows 10 store to cross reference the XBL account of the same account that's currently being logged into. At best they'd launch the Xbox app and pop up another login prompt for that, but at that point you'd be able to sign in with anything. It'd be ironic if you could just end up using the game sharing techniques from consoles at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom