• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been meetings where shareholders basically told MS to stop messing around with it's closed platform that literally makes the company negligible income. Why are people so surprised that these topics during their meetings are starting to come to fruition?
True. I remember reading news on influential shareholders demanding even scratching the whole gaming division. Not because it doesn't make money but because it makes so little compared to Microsoft's other big guns. Going more "multiplat" with the whole Xbox brand seems like a logical option.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
hmm but can i like just dump crap in a folder and will it upload it?

cos that's kind of what i want

i don't want my stuff online

There are folder indexing and monitoring features, as well as an 'image history' function which will let you copy a direct URL to post on forums, yes! I haven't used the folder watching stuff, but the rest of the program is fairly painless to operate, so I imagine those would work smoothly as well.

Post processing is disabled in PCSX2 for MGS3 so you do lose quite a few effects. Easiest direct comparisons is the codec call screen. Plus the game is limited to 30fps and while there's cheat tables to remove this you need ridiculous sequential CPU speed to maintain it. Right now personally I'd say PS3 HD collection is the best way to play MGS3.

Did the originals run at 60 or 30fps?
What about the HD versions?

And online multiplayer.

Bloodborne had that. It even took a step toward the idiocy of co-op with your friends (shudder).

and 36 more frames per second.

And now you're just being stupid.

Everything should be on everything. Exclusives are anti-consumer.

Yeah... and then gaming (at the very least, gaming as we know it) wouldn't exist.

But go ahead, build some hardware, develop software for your hardware, then see what happens when you let that software run on everything. ;)

Could you imagine a world without exclusives?

d4VCK2G.gif

Yeah... that's not accurate.
This is more like it:
tumblr_makbk9f4wB1rgn2swo1_r1_500.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Went into the Juri design thread and what the hell is going on there!?
Then into the SFV road map thread with people complaining about "f2p",what the hell.
And then all the exclusives threads full of shit today.

Good that I haven't posted much today.

Street Fighter V pre-load is up, 6.4 GB.

Niiiice. I'm on it!!

Went into the Juri design thread and what the hell is going on there!?
Then into the SFV road map thread with people complaining about "f2p",what the hell.
And then all the exclusives threads full of shit today.

Good that I haven't posted much today.

Good if you don't want to get banned, I suppose.

Speaking of banned, what a shame Grief.exe isn't around to offer his sagely wisdom to all those threads you mention.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Street Fighter V pre-load is up, 6.4 GB.

Yasssssssss.

The content roll out they have planned for SFV looks much better than I expected. a character/month seems like a really fast pace to hold onto. The lab monsters will need to work overtime.

The Sony PC thread is hilarious. Saw some members that thought its cool that Quantum Break is coming to PC, but hate if a exclusive Ps4 game could come on PC and stupid "why isnt dora on CNN" shit...

What's weird to me is that Nintendo is never brought up during these discussions. I'd much rather have their games on PC than sony's. Meh.

Luckily, seems emulating their hardware is a lot less cumbersome than the rest of the consoles.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm that sharex thing seems to want u to upload pictures individually. like i doesn't sync, you just gotta select ur pictures and upload them

why are all these programs so complicated :T

i miss u copy ;_;

Dr Dogg

Did the originals run at 60 or 30fps?
What about the HD versions?

MGS 2 was 60 on PS2 and pretty rock solid. MGS 3 was 30 but pushed the PS2 hard in multiple ways so chugged quite a bit often. HD collection MGS 2 is 1280x720@60 and pretty much rock solid again while MGS 3 is also 1280x720@60 it can dip a fair whack here and there but waaaay better than the PS2 version.

AHA-Lambda

I go off gaf for one day and the whole place seems to be burning down cos people can't handle (officially) one exclusive going to PC?

giphy.gif

EDIT: and fwiw, i think QB looks frankly dull but I'm happy to see MS support PC properly. I just want Scalebound at the end of the day :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
hmm that sharex thing seems to want u to upload pictures individually. like i doesn't sync, you just gotta select ur pictures and upload them

i miss u copy ;_;

Check Task Settings > Folder Upload and check the box so it automatically uploads every time it detects a new file in the folder.

tuxfool

Banned

i miss u copy ;_;

You can get it to automatically upload. What is copy?

e: beaten.

MGS 2 was 60 on PS2 and pretty rock solid. MGS 3 was 30 but pushed the PS2 hard in multiple ways so chugged quite a bit often. HD collection MGS 2 is 1280x720@60 and pretty much rock solid again while MGS 3 is also 1280x720@60 it can dip a fair whack here and there but waaaay better than the PS2 version.

Fair enough.
Though, if people love MGS3 so much and want to play it on PC, I guess they can experience the original glory of it's release on PS2. ;)

i miss u copy ;_;

ShareX isn't really complicated. :lol

AHA-Lambda

Oh man, all those are coming to PC...

z12w7.jpg

Heck, after UC4 I may very well sell my PS4, I just never play it.

One of my mates keeps telling me to play online with him, to which I have to keep saying I have almost no games nor any want to get a PS+ subscription cos I never use it

Then again knowing my luck, Bloodborne 2 would be announced the day after I sold it >_>

Dr Dogg

Fair enough.
Though, if people love MGS3 so much and want to play it on PC, I guess they can experience the original glory of it's release on PS2. ;)

Why of course, PS2 MGS3 Subsistence is still the definitive version of the game. How else are you going to play Snake vs Monkey? Plus the boss Duel mode and Snake's nightmare mini game didn't make it to the HD Collection either.

I went to try and buy Lara croft go on the win10 store but the store app immediately crashes.

You had a good run, win10 store.
First few weeks of Win10's launch, there's a bug, if triggered, would make the App Store and all the apps downloaded through it inaccessible, they just crash instantly when launched. I had to reinstall Windows because of it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Check Task Settings > Folder Upload and check the box so it automatically uploads every time it detects a new file in the folder.

omg cheesy youre a genius

now i just need to find a way to make it stop making that annoying sound when uploading my pictures lol

well that and the weird thumbnail thing on the right

i just want to tell it to upload and forget about it

How does steam refund work with prepaid visa cards? I bought a game a while ago, but with a prepaid visa (it was a gift). Do I the funds to my steam account? I've never refunded.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How does steam refund work with prepaid visa cards? I bought a game a while ago, but with a prepaid visa (it was a gift). Do I the funds to my steam account? I've never refunded.

Refunds go in your steam wallet. They are not giving you your money back, they give you a credit note basically

Nabs

I got a refund directly to one of my visa gift cards last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom