• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

yeah def one of my favorites

undyne's too

hopes and dreams is my favorite theme tho

that song is as zkylony as a song can get

Oh yeah, Hopes and Dreams made me feel inspired in an anime kind of way. Some pretty complex feelings right there. :p

yaaaaaaasssssssss someone who gets it!! i freaking LOVE this song, its so much fun and catchy. the actual battle can fuck off tho, it was like one of the hardest fights for me lol

All the build up and then it just goes. It was a tough and unexpected fight, but I had a great time thanks to the music.

is oxenfree any good?

I'm really interested in this game, it looks neat. Idk personally if its any good tho, I want to go into it as blind as possible. All i know is that the blue hair girl's brother died before the game takes place or something (it was mentioned in the gametrailers preview so I'm assuming you find out about this right in the beginning)

def sim

Whoops I spoiled some things about Undertale for myself while listening to the soundtrack on youtube. Looks like I missed out on some good stuff in my first playthrough.
Toriel is the true boss? what

ZaIyq.gif

This is exactly what I've been waiting for.

It still blows my mind people are actually considering getting rid of their console because of one exclusive. They bought it for the wrong reason then if that's all they bought it for. They feel like Microsoft owed them something? I haven't seen this big of a collective Neogaf meltdown in a while.

I can't wait for a future where exclusives no longer exist and people play on what they want and enjoy any game out there.
It could just be the straw that broke the camel's back. If Rare Replay goes to PC, I'll probably have no reason for my Xbox. I can't tell you anything that I'm looking forward to that is only on Xbox. It would be Scalebound, if it improves from its last showing.

It could just be the straw that broke the camel's back. If Rare Replay goes to PC, I'll probably have no reason for my Xbox. I can't tell you anything that I'm looking forward to that is only on Xbox. It would be Scalebound, if it improves from its last showing.

Pretty much.

But not everyone who bought an X1 for those exclusives that are showing up on PC has a PC capable of running them well, I'd wager. Not that the X1 will run it well in the first place, but that's a different story.

I'd love to see all those games come to PC, just so I have the option of grabbing them should I be so inclined. KI and Quantum Break were the two I absolutely wanted, but Rare Replay would be nice so I could get those old Battletoads games, and I'm a Gears of War fan so anything there is bonus.

Also, it sounds like we're on the same page when it comes to Scalebound. :)

Hektor

GTAV is a monster that never stops selling. I wonder how R* treats pc gamers with their next game. They should also release Red Dead Redemption for pc. They are missing out on a lot of money with that one.

As long as their games sell so well two years after release and as long as there are people that double and triple dip, i highly doubt they'll be changing anything about their pcplans.

My PC is just barely above the minimum for Quantum Break lol.
Not sure why I'm still buying these new games instead of saving for PC upgrades. /otl

Mods are really deleting PC sales threads?

Locking, yes. Deleting? Not sure.
They're all always end up discussing the same thing over and over again. It's meaningless.

MUnited83

For you.
My PC is just barely above the minimum for Quantum Break lol.
Not sure why I'm still buying these new games instead of saving for PC upgrades. /dead

Locking, yes. Deleting? Not sure.
They're all always end up discussing the same thing over and over again. It's meaningless.

Is it? Sales seem kinda relevant, and news about sales are definitely welcome. Otherwise they should lock NPD threads too. Also, I think the one that got deleted was so because it started to derail.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Updated requirements for QB

Ca_U5--UkAAG9DB.png:orig

My build is exactly the recommended one. Nice.

Now put it on Steam, and you got a sale.

I watched some of the gameplay videos and I can't say they grabbed me. If the game pops up on Steam then I'll probably pre-order it/buy it on day one regardless, but otherwise I don't think I'm going to give it the time of day unless one of my mates picks up the X1 version.

Is it? Sales seem kinda relevant, and news about sales are definitely welcome. Otherwise they should lock NPD threads too. Also, I think the one that got deleted was so because it started to derail.

Yes, that's what I mean. PC sales threads are always derailing into the same topics over and over again. It's either 'PC games only sell for dirt cheap anyways', or 'how about the bundles and nvidia codes?', or 'that number is rather low compared to consoles' numbers', etc. Making a PC sales thread is meaningless because a mod will lock it eventually.

AHA-Lambda

I watched some of the gameplay videos and I can't say they grabbed me. If the game pops up on Steam then I'll probably pre-order it/buy it on day one regardless, but otherwise I don't think I'm going to give it the time of day unless one of my mates picks up the X1 version.

Have to agree, it just screams generic :/

I doubt it but is the PC version with the XB1 copy a steam key?

Well I'm a lock for the Recommended setting for Quantum Break, seeing that I own a 980 card, i7-4790K and have 16 GB in RAM.

Have to agree, it just screams generic :/

I doubt it but is the PC version with the XB1 copy a steam key?

It'll be a code that will be redeemable at the Windows 10 store. There's been no mention of the game being on Steam. Only a matter of when.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I beat Riven on Steam. It has serious compatibility issues with modern operating systems. I'll be making a thread on the game at some point, but in the mean time I made a support thread on Steam to document some of the bugs I ran into and what fixes I found:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/63610/discussions/0/412446890553280531/

I also emailed Night Dive to call their attention to the availability situation with Myst 3 / 4. Stephen Kick wrote me back a nice personal email saying they were pretty tied up around the office with Turok and the System Shock 1 stuff, but that he really loved Myst when he was younger and would love to see the whole series available again. I don't take that to mean anything in particular other than that the game's unusual rights situation is on his radar. Would love to see the complete series on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Kick, I just talked to him about a couple of things:

1) Valve has no desire to publish Gunman Chronicles on Steam, but Kick will talk to some employees about it come GDC
2) Night Dive hasn't been in talks with Disney yet regarding Turok 2008, but that is on the cards and should it happen, Stubbs the Zombie will be brought up

In short: next to no hope for Gunman but a sliver of hope for Stubbs.

YAw0Mhg.gif

Monooboe

With Microsoft going quite strong into PC, will we ever see the day when one can just buy an Xbox game where the disc both works on Xbox one and on PC?

dex3108

With Microsoft going quite strong into PC, will we ever see the day when one can just buy an Xbox game where the disc both works on Xbox one and on PC?

That could be their idea. They started unifying all their services with Windows 10 so it is possible that that is their plan for next generation.

Xbox discs are on bluray, right?
I don't think many PC have bluray reader. Well, even most don't have dvd nowadays.

jediyoshi

It can be like Quantum Break promo, you get Win 10 code with X1 version.

This wouldn't work unless they went back to their always online, console-game-registering DRM system. Otherwise every physical copy of the game is just going to turn into two.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I too trust Microsoft to handle these PC initiatives with grace, humility, and an eye towards what best serves the consumer.

I base this assumption off my number of repeated head traumas and brain injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom