• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

This wouldn't work unless they went back to their always online, console-game-registering DRM system. Otherwise every physical copy of the game is just going to turn into two.

Currently system works in a way where you get key on X1 after inserting disc i think, there is no code inside retail copy.

jediyoshi

Currently system works in a way where you get key on X1 after inserting disc i think, there is no code inside retail copy.

The Quantum Break promo? That'll have separate codes for retailers to give out while purchasing.

If this extended to physical copies of the game, it'd have to be packed in and there'd be no way to ensure the same ownership between both versions unless the console version could authenticate online.

ArjanN

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388750/

page is up.

Coming March 2, includes the soundtrack and all the DLC I think.
ss_d19ec88cf6a75cffcbd659afa9c0ffeef854c844.jpg

ss_9645d23cf1985967bff2243d7c5f5f43e2eb0acd.jpg

ss_d024e349eba0c190287b18c78a77e37128ff596f.jpg

Teppic

This is a good month for horror games for me.

Downfall Remake - Feb 14-16
Layers of Fear - Feb 16
The Last Door: Season 2 - Really soon according to the developers.

Can't wait for these games!

dex3108

The Quantum Break promo? That'll have separate codes for retailers to give out while purchasing.

If this extended to physical copies of the game, it'd have to be packed in and there'd be no way to ensure the same ownership between both versions unless the console version could authenticate online.

My bad that was for digital version. But they could do something similar for retail. You install game on X1 and then game ties to your account so you can download it from Win Store on PC. That doesn't require always online and people can't resell Windows copy.

Well I'm a lock for the Recommended setting for Quantum Break, seeing that I own a 980 card, i7-4790K and have 16 GB in RAM.
I don't find the top of the line quad core CPU recommendations these days to be accurate, generally Intel quad cores that aren't ancient could run games just fine.

Tizoc

Nice!

Btw, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R is back in the Steam Store

Speaking of GG;
Xrd Revelator (sequel to Xrd SIGN, which is on Steam) releases on PS4 during June for EU and US.
Hope they can get it released on Steam by this year as well XO

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did we know that BB game was coming? also, is that the latest one?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I just beat the Epilogue campaign for Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

I really enjoyed it and it really ties up the main campaign. Makes me want to replay it all over again. Ohh, with developer commentary. Some enjoyable writing and role playing choices through out, as well as a few challenging fights.

Shadowrun was one of my favorite fictions when I was younger--I really liked the SNES/Gen games and even read a few of the books. It's been deeply satisfying to see it brought back with such good games after nearly two decades. Really happy with having Kickstarted this and I think it reflects well on the crowdfunding model. Hopefully it's not an exception in the grand scheme of things.

Looking forward to see how Harebrained's Nekropolis and Battletech games do.

Dr Dogg

I beat Riven on Steam. It has serious compatibility issues with modern operating systems. I'll be making a thread on the game at some point, but in the mean time I made a support thread on Steam to document some of the bugs I ran into and what fixes I found:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/63610/discussions/0/412446890553280531/

I also emailed Night Dive to call their attention to the availability situation with Myst 3 / 4. Stephen Kick wrote me back a nice personal email saying they were pretty tied up around the office with Turok and the System Shock 1 stuff, but that he really loved Myst when he was younger and would love to see the whole series available again. I don't take that to mean anything in particular other than that the game's unusual rights situation is on his radar. Would love to see the complete series on Steam.

Bug 8 gave me a chuckle.

There's an alpha out for Project Scissors but it's for backers only. Then again, the link to it pretty public so... (not saying that I am sharing it, because I am not ^^)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
[02-12-2016] Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Patch notes for patch 1.0.616.4 (Patch #2)

We have just released the second PC patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.616.4. This patch addresses a number of requests and bugs we have seen coming up in customer support as well as on the forums.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client. If you are using the game on the Window Store, the update will be available in a few days, and will automatically download as it becomes available. We will update this thread when the Windows Store version is live.
  • Fixed Map sometimes not showing or showing the wrong region.
  • Fixed ALT-TAB in combination with Exclusive Fullscreen occasionally hanging the game or entire system. (Steam Only)
  • Fixed graphics glitches on NPC clothing on NVIDIA 6x0 and 7x0 hardware.
  • Fixed rare crashes with a "DX11 Internal Heap" error.
  • Added separate mouse sensitivity control for X and Y axis, allowing users to equalize sensitivity.
  • Added option to reduce in-game camera shake, for users that prefer this.
  • Added audio-cue for finding secrets in the relic viewer.
  • Fixed game changing system screen saver settings for some users. (Steam Only)
  • Added additional error handling and messaging in case the GPU driver is crashing or unresponsive.
  • Various performance improvements for GPU-bound situations. CPU bound scenarios are not impacted.
  • A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build 610.1, that can be used to switch back to the previous version.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

^^
Well that's something.

Is it just me or have Indiegala dramatically dropped their quality and are now just spamming out low end bundles non-stop?

I just got this charming PM:

Clearly, I'm doing something right.

Wow, holy shit. Is that from a gaffer?
Is it possible to file a death threat report to the police or something? Well, it's not like we can easily trace his identity & location anyway.

'Fixed Map sometimes not showing or showing the wrong region.'

Oh, thank god finally. I thought it's not a bug, just my old PC's problem.

Durante

If I knew what it was in response to it wouldn't be so interesting. I can only guess. It could be my PC gamer article about ToS, but then again that would be rather delayed and most people love that one. Or it could be my recent anti-DRM posts, but then again who loves DRM that much? Perhaps it's just my overall stance as a figurehead for open platforms and PC, and that guy makes the people too friendly with their proprietary boxes that I sometimes complain about look like saints.

It's really hard to say.

Wow, holy shit. Is that from a gaffer?
Well yes, it's a PM on GAF, otherwise I wouldn't have posted about it.

I got quite a few funny emails since achieving some minor degree of popularity on the internet.

Ludens

Banned
So, yesterday I had no internet, so I started Resident Evil 2 on PSTV.
This game, on Original, is maybe the harder RE title in the whole franchise.
First, you need five bullets to kill a random zombie.
The real problem is the game literally throws you TON of zombies from the start.
Reaching the police station with no scratches is really hard, and if you want grab the special key, you also need to avoid killing enemies and grabbing ammo.
When you finally reach the police station, the game starts.
TON of zombies here too. Like, you enter a room and three zombies are two meters away from you, and you can't simply avoid taking damage. Also those lickers...they literally spawn out of nowhere. I was inside a room and a licker crashed out the window killing me.
Another unfair section is when you use the cable to fix the windows shutdown system. In fact, in the game there are two floors with this system.
I didn't remember there was another one on 2f, so I used the cable on 1f.
After a while an army of zombies crashed out the windows of 2f. I mean, WHY?
It's 2F! How can they reach it? Can they fly too?
After this you meet those awful dogs. And a boss. Also retrieving the keys around the police station was a pain, even because sometimes you are forced for pixel hunting, like the document on Chris' desk, I passed that room 4 times and I didn't see it, and it's mandatory in order to proceed.
I planned to do all scenarios, but dunno, maybe I'll do Claire Scenario and that's it, the game is really really hard.

Speaking of trolls and clearing out genepool, here's RPG Codex's 2015 GOTY poll

Let's all hope the true RPG GOTY 2015, Agarest: Generations of War 2 wins the award!

Speaking of RPG Codex, is Grimoire: Heralds of the Dark Exemplar out yet? I used to lurk in the thread for that game on RPG Codex, for the entertainment value, but eventually it was made private sometime after the developer's 383rd apocalyptic, homophobic, racist, and / or sexist rant. Last I checked, that game was some 15-20 years in the making, with two flexible-funding IndieGoGo campaigns under its belt.

Don't know if anyone will care to have it, but here's a code for a 1-Month License of XSplit Premium. It expires sometime today, so it may or may not still work.
7f56aaf4-ff21-4d2b-96ba-056cfa9b54ae

SteamGAF, I want this game but I don't even know why I want it all of a sudden:

Could any of you who are part of the early access share your impressions?

Refunded Firewatch, would wait for 5 USD sale or bundle.

With all the negative comments about length and story, I feel I could spend my money better than buying it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom