• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sure, I would like to play :)

I haven't played in years so if the tournament should happen give an early warning so that I can learn the basics again ;)

I will probably set up the thread today, and then wait a while to see how many interested people we get together.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I will probably set up the thread today, and then wait a while to see how many interested people we get together.

sounds good!

--------------------------------

Indie Gala Friday Special Bundle #28

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!

Goodnight Butcher (STEAM)
Miner Mayhem (STEAM)
Cubicle Quest (STEAM)

Pay only $2.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!

NotGTAV (STEAM)
Energy Cycle (STEAM)
I, Gladiator (STEAM)
Kick Ass Commandos (STEAM)
KRUM - Edge Of Darkness (STEAM)
Eternity's Child (STEAM)
Muffin Knight (STEAM)
Bloodsports.TV (STEAM)
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/friday

Saiyan-Rox

Guys is there any way to get the Razer Wildcat to work with the steam link? I figured it would work without an issue since its a wired controller.

Jawmuncher

So when are they going to talk about the cloning and social implications cat slaves bring.
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388750/

page is up.

Coming March 2, includes the soundtrack and all the DLC I think.
Had a lot of fun with this on Xbox one. So much content.
JAWMUNCHER ALERT,
Ys 8 has dinosaurs
Nice. Dunno why I considered this for vita. After seeing this I'll go with ps4.
Yet another Dead Island game? Is there anybody that actually gives a shit about that IP?
I do. But they're mismanaging the brand something fierce.

Jawmuncher

Quantum Break codes are separate

^^

I do want to add that it's possible for them to lock codes to accounts. They did it with the Gears of War beta. I gave both of my codes away and no one could play it still. Not saying that they'll do it here but it's possible. So if anyone is thinking of selling them you might want someone else to try first.

I do want to add that it's possible for them to lock codes to accounts. They did it with the Gears of War beta. I gave both of my codes away and no one could play it still. Not saying that they'll do it here but it's possible. So if anyone is thinking of selling them you might want someone else to try first.
They've been relatively good about codes. When people got all of the gears games for buying the gears remake they just sent out codes so folks did a lot of giveaways. Heck, I modbot'd my gears 3 code in this very thread.

It just might not even be worth the hassle of tying them to accounts

oh yea, regarding Water Bears VR, for anyone interested: http://store.steampowered.com/app/394130

DGea3v3.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh yea, regarding Water Bears VR, for anyone interested: http://store.steampowered.com/app/394130

Free on Demand, though, so no +1, nor card drops in the future should they be added.

Edit: I don't know what his comment about No Cost subs is supposed to mean. They've always been permanent and prior to the introduction of the licence "removal" tool, it wasn't possible to remove NC licences without Valve's help. It's precisely the sub type the game should be using. Edit edit: Ah, I see, many people are under the impression that FoD means the game will disappear from user libraries once the game becomes pay-to-play.

So, I'm getting back to Witcher 3 after not playing it for a lot longer than I thought. One of the first things I noticed is that my toxicity levels have changed. I was specced to be able to pop 1 decoction, 1 Enhanced Thunderbolt, 1 Enhanced Tawny Owl and an Enhanced Swallow as needed.

Now, when doing this, it goes over my threshold and poisons me. I tried going through patch notes but I'm not really finding changes in that area. Is there a place to skim just the affected gameplay notes? Does anyone know offhand if Alchemy is less viable than it used to be?

I also got completely wrecked by a golem 1 level higher than me. I finally had to whittle it down over a long fight, Souls-style.

Arthea

got an e-mail from D2D: "In Soviet Russia, Assassin's Creed Buys You!"
rolled eyes

edited: not sure if posted SE has Valentine's day sale
and Life is Strange has 40% discount, lowest so far I think.

I would download the PC Beta of Hitman but bandwidth caps. If only they could just update the beta files to release build versions when they do these things so that these issues can be somewhat avoided. meh.

i'll live vicariously through the hitman bros

Jawmuncher

There were ever rabid Dead Island fans?

I mean after the first game came out, I mean.

1 was big, riptide did well but was more or less just an expansion. Then the series was mismanaged with a spin off, moba, and a now dead sequel. Had they just kept with focusing on a sequel for next gen, I think things would be different at the moment.
Now it's more or less hanging with avatar the movie. Huge when it came out but now no one talks about it. So who knows how a sequel will do especially with the products out now.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'd recommend PMing an admin specifically given mods can't modify user accounts. Might as well cut out the middle man.

You are confusing things. All staff members have the necessary tools to deal with spam accounts.

No need to increase poor Stump's work load even more :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You are confusing things. All staff members have the necessary tools to deal with spam accounts.

Ah, right. I assumed that since mods can't make account-level changes like changing tags (outside their own) and updating e-mail addresses that spam accounts would also need to be deleted by admins.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178513.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gigantic Beta -- MB-7A5626695DEBF62B

Updated requirements for QB

Ca_U5--UkAAG9DB.png:orig

My build is exactly the recommended one. Nice.
Ditto. :fistbump:
That's disappointing. I thought - what with all the errors - that it was lovingly handcrafted.
Does it change anything at the fact that someone actually send you something horrible like this? He didn't come up with it but he felt like telling you that. Pretty horrible still.
If any of you get a threatening or inappropriate PM, please just notify a staff member so we can remove these spam accounts nice and quietly.

Thanks!
I never get hate PMs. I feel left out.

rtcn63

The original Dead Island was bullshit in so many ways, from gameplay to technical issues (there was a very common Act 3 bug on like every platform that wasn't fixed until the GOTY version, you could even import and "salvage" your Act 3 save) but it did do loot alright. Getting recipes, crafting weird-ass weapons that had tangible and visual affects (although personally I thought the bladed weapons were all you needed late-game, they just lacked durability and were expensive as fuck to repair).

It was one of the games that was so jank but you could find enjoyment and frustration in.

abracadaver

Is anyone interested in buying a 4-pack of Ashes of the Singularity? The 4-pack is only $99.99

That's $25 per game. 50% off its normal price

Durante

Does it change anything at the fact that someone actually send you something horrible like this? He didn't come up with it but he felt like telling you that. Pretty horrible still.
As I said, it seems like a sure sign that I'm doing something right. I mean, only some good deed could piss someone who would send a PM like that off that much ;)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Alright, pretty sure the tournament is happening! 30$ for the winner, 10$ for the 2nd, ~2 weeks for training and registration. Full thread up in a bit.

Make sure to grab FS for 75% off during the sale in the next 3 hours if you want to participate. Buying once gives you 2 copies too, so you can share the 2nd copy with a friend or gift it to someone else who would like to participate.

As I said, it seems like a sure sign that I'm doing something right. I mean, only some good deed could piss someone who would send a PM like that off that much ;)
Agree. Only the one with the ball gets attacked. Sorry again that you had that unpleasant experience.

Alright, pretty sure the tournament is happening! 30$ for the winner, 10$ for the 2nd, ~2 weeks for training and registration. Full thread up in a bit.

Make sure to grab FS for 75% off during the sale in the next 3 hours if you want to participate. Buying once gives you 2 copies too, so you can share the 2nd copy with a friend or gift it to someone else who would like to participate-
I've only played a few hours of it but I like the game, I'm gonna get wrecked if I joined.

hesho

Battlefront doesn't look too hot either. 3k concurrent atm on pc with only 7k peak. And the PS4/X1 stats aren't all that great either.

EA needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink how they make these shooters.

no they don't, look how well they sold. Community dies means they can end support faster which saves them money.

Toma

I've only played a few hours of it but I like the game, I'm gonna get wrecked if I joined.

There are plenty of people who didnt play it that much and there are 2 weeks time to talk about basics and train a bit :) I was in the top 100 in the game at one point, and recently tried again to notice that I cant win shit anymore :p

Participating doesnt hurt you and it wont take that much time. ;) If you are interested, join up :)

Besides, its about the fun!

Make sure to grab FS for 75% off during the sale in the next 3 hours if you want to participate. Buying once gives you 2 copies too, so you can share the 2nd copy with a friend or gift it to someone else who would like to participate.

It's super cool that you're organizing this.

Rise of the Tomb Raider™

11:42am[02-12-2016] PC Patch notes for patch 1.0.616.4 (Patch #2)
Community Announcements - Square_Jason
#Discussions_QuoteBlock_Author
We have just released the second PC patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.616.4. This patch addresses a number of requests and bugs we have seen coming up in customer support as well as on the forums.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client. If you are using the game on the Window Store, the update will be available in a few days, and will automatically download as it becomes available. We will update this thread when the Windows Store version is live.
Fixed Map sometimes not showing or showing the wrong region.
Fixed ALT-TAB in combination with Exclusive Fullscreen occasionally hanging the game or entire system. (Steam Only)
Fixed graphics glitches on NPC clothing on NVIDIA 6x0 and 7x0 hardware.
Fixed rare crashes with a "DX11 Internal Heap" error.
Added separate mouse sensitivity control for X and Y axis, allowing users to equalize sensitivity.
Added option to reduce in-game camera shake, for users that prefer this.
Added audio-cue for finding secrets in the relic viewer.
Fixed game changing system screen saver settings for some users. (Steam Only)
Added additional error handling and messaging in case the GPU driver is crashing or unresponsive.
Various performance improvements for GPU-bound situations. CPU bound scenarios are not impacted.
A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build 610.1, that can be used to switch back to the previous version.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!
No DirectX 12 for now but it'll likely come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom