• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
2KUIHni.png
Frozen Synapse tournament thread up!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183361

Would love to give this game a last fantastic hooray and to pump everyone for the impending FS2 release!

Looking forward to see as many gaffers as possible participate. ;)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is frozen synapse playable with a controller? could be a good candidate to stream to my tablet for playing in the evenings.

derExperte

BF:Hardline MP (sp campaign wasn't too bad) does nothing better than BF4, the maps are smaller and mostly worse, less useful weapons, less variety, less vehicles, fewer game modes and the new ones are hit and miss. Wasn't bad for the ~20hrs I played on PS4 but then I had enough.

When will Pascal release? Looks like the 760 is becoming the minimum from this point forward.

If we see it before the second half of the year I'll be surprised.

yuraya

no they don't, look how well they sold. Community dies means they can end support faster which saves them money.

If they continue to treat their fans like shit (especially those who pay $110 for premium editions) they will lose those fans. Gamers turn their back on companies faster than anyone else. It will backfire on them eventually. One way or another.

Ludens

Banned
Yep, none of the deals were good enough really. I'm still playing games I picked up from the winter sale.

All I want right now is Final Fantasy IX, hopefully it hits steam within the next few days.

Maybe today :l

Same

Didn't buy anything during the Winter Sale either.

I took the Talos Prototype DLC and the Unreal pack (I always wanted to try Unreal 1 and I like old fps, so 6€ for all the games is a nice deal).

these sales aren't for us cheapos who have been participating in them for years, they've already got us hooked. These are for the newbies who don't know about the halcyon days, the wonderful days of our youth, of 90% off, buying a AAA game for $2, and decent flash sales but fucked community voting sales.

Naw, they're done with that. Now that they've established a base worth paying attention to, they no longer have a reason to make deep cuts to attract new users. So get used to 75% off, peeps. While we're complaining that our smack isn't hitting as hard anymore, new folks are just starting on the weak stuff and getting high just fine

Dr Dogg

Nixxes knows how to show us that valentine's day love

That's not even the best thing.

33bXdti.png

One of, if not the only dev who allows you to select a specific build even after updating to a new one. There are other ways to do it mind but Nixxes make a point to give users access to specific branches under the betas tab. Like that on pretty much all their ports on Steam.

Battlefront doesn't look too hot either. 3k concurrent atm on pc with only 7k peak. And the PS4/X1 stats aren't all that great either.

EA needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink how they make these shooters.

They should do like Street Fighter and Rocket League are doing and just let the platforms play with/against one another.

33bXdti.png

One of, if not the only dev who allows you to select a specific build even after updating to a new one. There are other ways to do it mind but Nixxes make a point to give users access to specific branches under the betas tab. Like that on pretty much all their ports on Steam.
Wow this is great, I never knew this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow this is great, I never knew this.

It's something I wish Valve would make a general feature. Since Steam saves "snapshots" of depots whenever they're modified, it wouldn't be overly difficult to implement. The build names could simply be timestamps.

madjoki

33bXdti.png

SCS does it for ETS / ATS altought they can't keep all anymore because Valve limited amount of branches you can have.

hesho

If they continue to treat their fans like shit (especially those who pay $110 for premium editions) they will lose those fans. Gamers turn their back on companies faster than anyone else. It will backfire on them eventually. One way or another.

maybe a minor few i would think. Even if a game in series is bad, the majority are zombies and will buy regardless sadly. Heck, ppl have complained about their sports series yet it is a top 10 seller every year!!

Dr Dogg

It's something I wish Valve would make a general feature. Since Steam saves "snapshots" of depots whenever they're modified, it wouldn't be overly difficult to implement. The build names could simply be timestamps.

Can't remember if it was you or madjoki but I seem to recall someone did mention there's a tool where you can effectively request a specific published build id out of Steam. That or I'm going cockoo again,

Edit Talk of the devil...

SCS does it for ETS / ATS altought they can't keep all anymore because Valve limited amount of branches you can have.

Top stuff. Is it now impossible at all or just limited to what's available? What is it now? 100 branches seems to ring a bell?

if im doing a clean windows install, what is the best way to back up my game saves? I just need to back up 2 games: Xcom EW and Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris.

Xcom supposedly has Steam cloud support but im reading conflicting things as to whether it actually works or not

JaseC

BioInf has more branches than either game. Not by much, though.

Can't remember if it was you or madjoki but I seem to recall someone did mention there's a tool where you can effectively request a specific published build id out of Steam. That or I'm going cockoo again,

Yeah, Steam assigns build ids and they're not app-specific (we're not far off from seeing the first game with a seven-digit build id), but timestamps would be more digestible for users who don't really know what they're looking at. Hell, just do both in the format of Build id (timestamp).

Balthuk

Alright, pretty sure the tournament is happening! 30$ for the winner, 10$ for the 2nd, ~2 weeks for training and registration. Full thread up in a bit.

Make sure to grab FS for 75% off during the sale in the next 3 hours if you want to participate. Buying once gives you 2 copies too, so you can share the 2nd copy with a friend or gift it to someone else who would like to participate.

Played an hour so far and if I keep at it, I might participate as well. There's so much stuff to think about in this game. Xcom why did you lie to me? You told me I had gottend used to this kind of game!
Joking aside, my first hour was a blast but I am worried that turn-based and simultaneous execution might be too much for me.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info on playfield.io

I played the demo, and everything was super-easy coming off of Squarecells. I loved Picross for DS and even Picross 3D. Does it get much more difficult in the later stages not in the demo?

I'd say so yes. You do get bigger pictures to work on for one thing :p

I played the demo, and everything was super-easy coming off of Squarecells. I loved Picross for DS and even Picross 3D. Does it get much more difficult in the later stages not in the demo?

Most levels have two or three difficulty levels - Normal, Pro, and Master. The lower difficulties of a given puzzle divide the puzzle into smaller sections to complete, while the highest difficulty gives you the whole puzzle at once.

I'm not sure how it compares to the actual Picross games in terms of difficulty, but the Pro and especially Master difficulty puzzles can get pretty complex.

Nzyme32

Paint it back is a great picross-like game.

Can confirm. I've already put 13 hours into this thing.

I feel that a desktop monitor is better suited for Picross than the screen of any Nintendo handheld.

Yeah, this games is destroying my life.

Oh just wait till you get the Master variants later on. Those things take me hours. Perhaps I just don't know the mechanics well enough

Dr Dogg

I'm waiting for Nvidia to roll out their Euler architecture before I upgrade. Think I might get me one of them GTX Tesseract's.

You get it fairly late in the story progression. If it bugged out, did you try reloading checkpoint?

I don't know about very far, but I'm at the Abandoned Mine and need to pick up a knife off the table to progress. It glows, but won't let me interact. I've loaded one checkpoint back, haven't tried to go back earlier.

I have one that's 2% back, might try that and see how it goes.

madjoki

Top stuff. Is it now impossible at all or just limited to what's available? What is it now? 100 branches seems to ring a bell?

iirc. it's 25.

BioInf has more branches than either game.

Limit was not retroactive, ie. you can't create new one's if you're above limit.

I think It was mentioned in one of ETS news posts, when they had to remove older builds from steam.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Played an hour so far and if I keep at it, I might participate as well. There's so much stuff to think about in this game. Xcom why did you lie to me? You told me I had gottend used to this kind of game!
Joking aside, my first hour was a blast but I am worried that turn-based and simultaneous execution might be too much for me.

Its just a fun tourney, most people didnt play it since 3 years anyway haha :)
Would love to see you over there though.

JaseC

Limit was not retroactive, ie. you can't create new one's if you're above limit.

I think It was mentioned in one of ETS news posts, when they had to remove older builds from steam.

Yeah, I figured as much as virtually every change Valve has implemented hasn't been retroactive, but I misread the timestamp of when BioInf's most recent branch was added and thought it was done after SCS' announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom