• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they continue to treat their fans like shit (especially those who pay $110 for premium editions) they will lose those fans. Gamers turn their back on companies faster than anyone else. It will backfire on them eventually. One way or another.
oBNDcOf.jpg

They may turn their backs quickly but that doesn't mean that they stay resilient.

zkylon

zkylewd
yo that's not how spoilers work

you just ruined my life

They may turn their backs quickly but that doesn't mean that they stay resilient.
that's kind of disingenous but yeah, as long as they keep making a thing that a lot of ppl like "details" won't matter all that much

like call of duty might be slowly losing playerbase every year but it's still huge

def sim

This is a reminder that spoiler tagged images don't work on mobile. ;)

Also, man, the Street Fighter story is straight up garbo and I'm always surprised to see people so invested in it when a new game comes out. Hopefully their cinematic story mode in June changes that, though!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
A new millennium has begun!

Vd2JXhe.png

yay me :p

Oh, and maybe someone still needs a Frozen Synapse copy for our little tournament :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-4D54DE0A31F06404 - Taken by brau. 3 entrants total.

t1455310815z1.png

Who ever wins this should play it

y9EayOkRK1WN2.gif

Should I buy H1Z1 because it's doubling in price soon or not buy it at all because they are doubling the price of it soon?

They've added drops that sell on the Community Market, so there's a chance at recouping the cost of entry. That's literally the one thing that had me thinking about picking it up.

I've made far more on CS:GO than I paid for the game. I don't know how the drops work in H1Z1, though.

Melchior

Has anyone bought from DLgamer before? I'm about to pick up SF5 and I was wondering if they deliver the steam code asap or when it releases. also if the site is legit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has anyone bought from DLgamer before? I'm about to pick up SF5 and I was wondering if they deliver the steam code asap or when it releases. also if the site is legit.

DLGamer is legit, but I think it was jshackles who said he was asked to jump through some ridiculous anti-fraud hoops after payment had been processed.

Edit:
Looks like DLGamer is getting removed from Enhanced Steam. They're not leaving a good enough impression for me to recommend them to 1.6 million people.

Nothing like trying to purchase something on a Friday night and not being able to because they're supposed to call you(?) with some sort of access code then never do...

EDIT: well, looks like it finally went through. Not a good impression though, but it looks like the code they sent worked.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
They've added drops that sell on the Community Market, so there's a chance at recouping the cost of entry. That's literally the one thing that had me thinking about picking it up.

I've made far more on CS:GO than I paid for the game. I don't know how the drops work in H1Z1, though.
I ended up passing. The way they went from "eventually F2P with 20 dollar early access" to "now it's two separate $20 dollar games!" is kind of shitty.

Uzzy

This is a reminder that spoiler tagged images don't work on mobile. ;)

Also, man, the Street Fighter story is straight up garbo and I'm always surprised to see people so invested in it when a new game comes out. Hopefully their cinematic story mode in June changes that, though!

I was wondering why it kept showing! Such a pain editing things on a mobile.

Melchior

DLGamer is legit, but I think it was jshackles who said he was asked to jump through some ridiculous anti-fraud hoops after payment had been processed.

Edit:

Yeaaa I'll just pay the extra 4$ at GMG to not deal with that. Thanks for the help.

zkylon

zkylewd
Aww... why does the Bunny Lord have to speak gibberish in Not A Hero.
That's a negative right off the bat. :\

not a hero had the most instantaneous turn off humor for me ever

i bought it on a cheap bundle and figured i'll try it and i think i lasted ilke 10 minutes before going nope, this humor is not for me

i bought it on a cheap bundle and figured i'll try it and i think i lasted ilke 10 minutes before going nope, this humor is not for me

Just skip the humorous parts then. The gameplay and the music are amazing.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Umbrella Corps unveils its Resident Evil 5 themed map

Although it was revealed in Umbrella Corps' last trailer, Capcom is now officially sharing details regarding its Resident Evil 5-style Kijuju map. It's the biggest map in the game, and will also sport underground passages in addition to its open style. The Majini will return as enemies in the arena.

Capcom reminds us that Umbrella is still set for a May release, and is still only available on PC and PS4. I doubt this will sell well enough for an Xbox One release, but at the very least, this looks better than the awful Operation Raccoon City.

zkylon

zkylewd

i could've but i had at the time much more interesting games to play and still do so i guess that was it for not a hero. cool other ppl liked it and i might give it another shot someday but not terribly pressed to do so

i like whole packages, i never play games "just for the story" or "just for the gameplay", so if i don't like one i'll probably won't care enough to do much of the other. there's exceptions, like ass creed where i don't really like the gameplay but i really enjoy the exploration and the story is intriguing enough that i get hooked, but generally speaking i'll try to play games that have a little bit of both i ilke

and before anyone says anything about league, league's got an awesome set of characters i really like so u know, it's not just "gameplay"

and i have so many issues with general gameplay vs story distinctions, ugh

Uzzy

That's because it's British Humour. The 'u' makes all the difference.

Volimar

Thank you tax season.

zCu8CxW.png

You'll enjoy it. Or not, I don't know what you're into.

I got an email from GMG with a voucher for 23% off the Resistance Pack that give 3 upcoming DLC. Went ahead and pulled the trigger. I'd rather get a massive story mode DLC though.

Vamphuntr

Edit:

I can confirm I got this from DLgamer too. I bought Heroes of the Storm starter from them since they had it before the street date and they send you an automated call with numbers spoken that are supposed to be in your language. I'm in Canada and had chosen french and the call was half french and half something else so I had to guess and retry until I got the last 2 numbers right in the text box.

pahamrick

tax season is going to cost me about a gfx card worth of money.

I need to talk to HR, they aren't taking enough money out : /

Ouch. Had that happen with my first job, ever since I always have the most amount of taxes taken out just in case.

You'll enjoy it. Or not, I don't know what you're into.

I got an email from GMG with a voucher for 23% off the Resistance Pack that give 3 upcoming DLC. Went ahead and pulled the trigger. I'd rather get a massive story mode DLC though.

I loved XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within, so I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy it.

I ended up passing. The way they went from "eventually F2P with 20 dollar early access" to "now it's two separate $20 dollar games!" is kind of shitty.

Yeah, that's really not cool. I wasn't ever really sold on the game, and I didn't have much interest at all, but the crates sparked a sliver of it.

Not enough to actually get the game, though.

Aww... why does the Bunny Lord have to speak gibberish in Not A Hero.
That's a negative right off the bat. :\

Are you playing with a controller? I came back to the game, having played controller exclusively before, and there's this weird delay now. They might have borked it.

I'm like 2 levels away from beating the game but I don't think I feel like forcing myself to.

It's a little harder than that, since even the levels interject some of that humor. I really wish the game skipped that shitty self-awareness and really pushed the 2.5D gameplay into something direct and honest.

There's a kernel of something solid here. I don't know that I'd completely recommend the game, though.

JaseC

I can confirm I got this from DLgamer too. I bought Heroes of the Storm starter from them since they had it before the street date and they send you an automated call with numbers spoken that are supposed to be in your language. I'm in Canada and had chosen french and the call was half french and half something else so I had to guess and retry until I got the last 2 numbers right in the text box.

Fribberish!

JaseC

Could be June. They always said 2nd-3rd quarter, didnt they?

Nvidia hasn't given given a release window, unless I've missed something. Nothing but the rumour mill has Pascal's launched pencilled in for some point in the back half of the year.

Nvidia hasn't given given a release window, unless I've missed something. Nothing but the rumour mill has Pascal's launched pencilled in for some point in the back half of the year.

I see. Always thought they were aiming for Q2/3, but seems these were just rumors.

I bought The Secret World Ultimate Edition
I hope this isn't too grindy

It isnt. Its a great MMO you can play solo.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-2C97714DA61A32B7 - Taken by fenners. 12 entrants total.
Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-364DAC507534A94E - Taken by Polishin8r. 17 entrants total.
Supercharged Robot VULKAISER -- MB-2E00AD04CC5DF7BE - Taken by septicore. 17 entrants total.
Shadowgate: MacVenture Series -- MB-0B2066F7365AB873 - Taken by Ludens. 2 entrants total.
Overlord II -- MB-0F77B96DEABFE415 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 10 entrants total.
Chaos on Deponia -- MB-A570ADA2871C5FFC - Taken by bkw. 18 entrants total.
Goodbye Deponia -- MB-BBAD317888939357 - Taken by Natty1. 11 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut -- MB-79B35627815B43DB - Taken by Ventara. 3 entrants total.
NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans -- MB-745FC7CD17E37E25 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 15 entrants total.
The Sacred Tears TRUE -- MB-790648ADFEBCFFFE - Taken by bobnowhere. 21 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-73BD452B090815B2 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious. 2 entrants total.
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-C812D8B2D6963251 - Taken by neonglow. 14 entrants total.
How to Survive: Third Person Standalone -- MB-F0577529FF68E43D - Taken by fuzzy123. 19 entrants total.
It Came from Space, and Ate Our Brains -- MB-34B250093F1A9CAF - Taken by mrks. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-20A2C0D6D127F65F - Taken by Costa1774. 6 entrants total.
Overlord -- MB-FF7D794D886C6F3D - Taken by mp1990. 1 entrants total.
Secret Ponchos -- MB-F0A2F0885BF0C38E - Taken by Large Professor. 22 entrants total.
Xenonauts -- MB-38CF137B24DF3D79 - Taken by ExoSoul. 40 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-19E5BE79E91A8C3D - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 1 entrants total.
99 Spirits: Special Edition -- MB-E6DFFEEC8060EF64 - Taken by Endruen. 3 entrants total.
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure -- MB-ACF1B1102836AE2A - Taken by Madn. 15 entrants total.

t1455390015z1.png
In 24 hours, Valentine's will begin, so this is my gift to you, SteamGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom