• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

OMG

NhaLJ7x.png

X5s5nyk.png

totally forgot about this one

https://archive.org/details/win3_WINTREKJ

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nothing beats playing Mega Man III in your browser though

Yes I have mostly read that a clean install is preferable, haven't done it myself though. And since we're on win10 talk, is there any way I can get the win10 key without downloading or at least without installing it? Is the win10 download more like an iso meaning I can also dual boot without messing with my win7?

There may be a way, but I did not manage to find it.
So I had upgrade from Windows 7, and got my new key that way, before doing a clean install of W10. It was quite a hassle, mostly because I had to reinstall windows 7, due to accidentally deleting the boot partition (which motivated me to upgrade in the first place).

Forgot to buy Firewatch while it was 17.99. Tsk tsk tsk
It's worth the few extra bucks, IMO, though you've probably already noticed that opinions differ on that.

Uzzy

Her reign of terror is finally over. For me it already was Tuesday.

Good fun though! I think I made a nice new groove in my fight stick, hitting so many fireball kicks against Gief and Hugo.

Good games Dogg, Uzzy, Gipsy and ViviOggi!

Hope this can become a regular thing once SFV leaves early access.

Good games man. I am always up for Street Fighter so yeah, no doubt.

Yeah, ggs everyone. I'm going to see about organising regular fighting game nights once we get the lobbies for SFV. Hopefully the netcode will be good enough that we can have players outside the EU too.

I'm going to skip the pre-order and buy it at full price so I can get rid of my last groupees coin (the $4 one)

The full price shouldn't be any more than $5 I would hope. This might be the best chance to get rid of any coins people have in their accounts since the price will be pretty close to even.

Can't you just preorder with your coin?

Thanks

Any way to disable notifications when selling cards on the marketplace? I want to get rid of the 600 cards I have and don't want to flood my inbox

Not that I know of. Your best bet is to create a filter for the "You have sold an item on the community market" subject line and send it to a folder or trash or whatever you wish.

Thanks

Any way to disable notifications when selling cards on the marketplace? I want to get rid of the 600 cards I have and don't want to flood my inbox

You can, but then Valve won't help you if something happens to your account.

I just setup a filter for steam store emails, which marks them automatically as read.

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah, ggs everyone. I'm going to see about organising regular fighting game nights once we get the lobbies for SFV. Hopefully the netcode will be good enough that we can have players outside the EU too.

I've had matches from US to Japan that were good and some that were rollback hell. YMMV on international matches for sure, but it's entirely possible.

Anyone playing Gief or Hugo totally deserves the fireball spam. Especially Hugo. :p

Are you saying that because of Hank and I?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Learning to run Riven in Windows 98, all these Win 3.1 games to replay, 3DS to catch up on, and DuckTales Remastered.

At some point I just stopped playing new games.

I thought games using external clients are exempt from Steam Refunds, so you're pretty much screwed?
Every game on Steam can be refunded.

Uplay games bought on Steam can only be played through Steam.

This only hurts GFWL games since you can play them without Steam. Which is dead anyways.

Nzyme32

Family Sharing?

That would be the one. I was thinking that I really want to get the new South Park game when it comes out, but I haven't bought a Uplay ubi game on Steam in a long time. I only bothered with Grow Home and South Park thanks to no Uplay... but with refunds at least I can check it out

Lomax

I actually accidentally upgraded from 8.1 -> 10 one day because I absentmindedly clicked the "delay for 4 hours" thing and forgot about it. Windows did not :p But yea the upgrade was painless and aside from my "wtf happened" moment when I came back to the PC, no headaches at all.

Yeah, that's pretty much my experience. Considering that we're starting to come up on the end of the free upgrade period, at this point, it's foolish not to upgrade.

Unai

That would be the one. I was thinking that I really want to get the new South Park game when it comes out, but I haven't bought a Uplay ubi game on Steam in a long time. I only bothered with Grow Home and South Park thanks to no Uplay... but with refunds at least I can check it out

For what is worth it, I've just played Zombi today and the transition was super smooth after the initial setup putting your ubisoft credentials. The next time you boot the game you don't even notice that uPlay is there, and it closes when you close the game. They really improved that since the last time I played an Ubisoft game. Even my Steam Controller and Steam Screenshots worked without any problems.

Jawmuncher

How can I cancel a MYSTERIOUS download. Accidentally started the SFV Beta instead of SFV for preload. So I canceled it but it acts as if it's paused (Just not showing). It shows up in BPM but with no option to cancel.

How can I cancel a MYSTERIOUS download. Accidentally started the SFV Beta instead of SFV for preload. So I canceled it but it acts as if it's paused (Just not showing). It shows up in BPM but with no option to cancel.

Right-click the game in your library, "Delete Local Content". Scrubs it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom