• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
....unless there's a price error.

7jWaVvv.gif

Tizoc

Tsk, GMG are offering FC Priaml for 35% off, but it's the typical Ubi open world crap

Ah screw it, just come Quote this post and use the code if you want the game

Momentary

Banned
Tsk, GMG are offering FC Priaml for 35% off, but it's the typical Ubi open world crap

Ah screw it, just come Quote this post and use the code if you want the game

I would bite if it was for the Microsoft Store since I already play Fable Legends and will buy Killer Instinct and the "not announced" Scalebound.

But UPlay? Nope.

Is there a promo code for that?
What's the price after coupon, if so?
And do you know if they give you a key right away?

You can get it for 25 now, but I'm sure they'll do a 25% discount at some other time. which will bring it lower into the 20's.

Jazz573

Story Mode
Arcade – Single or Tag
Versus – Same as above
Time Attack – Same as above
Survival – Same as above
Ranked Match – Same as above
Unranked Match -- Same as above
Lobby Match – Up to 16 players and Same as above
Team Battle
Leaderboards
Fighters List
Training Mode
Command Training
Combo Training
Throwdown Challenge
Online Dojo
Share on Facebook or Youtube
Boobs

Most important. Tho, I believe there is a bit of that in SF. Well more legs than boobs. :p

Momentary

Banned
You get outfit options to show more boobs,legs,butt and DLC for extra skin

You get this on SFV cutscenes tho
lNZRzLq.png

Man I went from wanting to main Laura to just kind being embarrassed to even want to play as her after seeing her alternate outfit.

I can not believe that the piece of story art is real. Who is doing the art for this?

They really should have hired Hiroaki for this. Whoever is doing the story art is just plain HORRIBLE. Like "Indestructible" bad.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Man I went from wanting to main Laura to just kind being embarrassed to even want to play as her after seeing her alternate outfit.

I can not believe that the piece of story art is real. Who is doing the are for this?

They really should have hired Hiroaki for this. Whoever is doing the story art is just plain HORRIBLE.

Ive seen cheap hentai looking better than that.

I wouldnt mind this style tbh.

Salsa

deadpool is okay

get ready for the next "HEY LIKE IT OR ELSE!!" film, apparently

it was okay

plenty missteps still

also I wish I could play XCOM 2 smoothly fuck

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just realised SF5 is a lot less combo focused this time around. That coupled with no focus attack dash cancel stuff makes my scrub ass much more likely to buy it now

Ill still be a scrub, but at least ill be more of a scrub on the fundamentals instead of the execution

i liked the tarantino movie

jennifer jason leigh was awesome in that one

Hateful Eight?

You could have easily chopped out 45 minutes and it wouldn't have changed the plot. Hated it.

Probably the worst of Tarantino's films that I've seen. and I loved Django Unchained. Still haven't seen Jackie Brown yet.

Tizoc

Just realised SF5 is a lot less combo focused this time around. That coupled with no focus attack dash cancel stuff makes my scrub ass much more likely to buy it now

Ill still be a scrub, but at least ill be more of a scrub on the fundamentals instead of the execution

On average the most damage you could do with supers is a little over 50%, with EX moves and excluding V-system, you could do around 40%

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
On average the most damage you could do with supers is a little over 50%, with EX moves and excluding V-system, you could do around 40%

Who said anything about damage?

Momentary

Banned

Some characters get cancels when activating V-Trigger. I abused this with Necalli during the beta. I had people going back complaining on forums about it. It was delicious.

Tizoc

Who said anything about damage?

Well to elaborate; you can still do decent damage even off shorter combos, I can't think of many long combos in SF5 that deal respectable damage though that's cuz I didn't bother to find any.
Long combos in SF4 didn't deal that much damage though

Rhaknar

Well to elaborate; you can still do decent damage even off shorter combos, I can't think of many long combos in SF5 that deal respectable damage though that's cuz I didn't bother to find any.
Long combos in SF4 didn't deal that much damage though

I meant more in the sense that, i could wreck stuff with Adon (on a scrub level) but I could never pull off his focus attack dash cancel combo into ultra 2 for example. Which annoyed me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Undertale -- MB-736B978F18749787 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 30 entrants total.

t1455433062z1.png
Oh yeah, there was one more.

After putting another 11 hours or so into The WItness, I just don't understand how anyone can seriously say that it is badly designed.

Not for everyone? Sure. Occasionally non-intuitive? Perhaps.
But damn me if it doesn't have some of the most inventive and intricately interwoven puzzle design I have ever seen in any game.

Are there people who actually say that it's badly designed? That just sounds so alien to me. After 30 hours of the game the thing that impressed me the most is how beautifully and intricately the island is designed, both aesthetically and from a level design perspective. You can't go more than a few paces without finding something interesting happening in the game world.

After finishing the game I decided to wander around for a bit to take some screenshots and I kept seeing new stuff that I hadn't noticed before. The ways objects would line up or shadows get cast to create the most beautiful imagery. Here are a couple of examples...

(These screenshots aren't spoilers but I'm not embedding them in case someone just doesn't want to see anything related to the Witness)

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...730/5E9B60953B5AEAA5474D14A999BCA0B00067AAB3/

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...001/F933553A8EF21D43AFC7FE4146B72A04208F576F/

On a side note, at this point I'd be willing to pay Valve money to let me upload high quality screens to Steam. I can't believe we're still stuck with compressed JPGs after all these years :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I liked AC:L on the Vita; it was only my 3rd AC game, but I felt that it was closer to the original in terms of actually feeling like an assassin than playing as Ezio in GTA:Renaissance. I also liked the premise behind switching outfits, though some were much more useful in practice than others... but it reminded me of something like Hitman where you can have multiple routes to assassinate a target and some of them could involve disguises of sorts. Plus it was cool to play as a female assassin for a change (the reason I stayed away from brotherhood for so long, and the reason why I still haven't played Revelations is because I really didn't want to go through another game as Ezio).

The outfit system could have been great if it were broader and revolved around player choice (i.e. no selecting an outfit for you). A massive missed opportunity there.

I'd say what frustrates me the most about LibHD is... the amount of time it takes for the map screen to open. The process is sluggish (presumably deliberately so, given the game's origins), taking a good two or three seconds.

I already posted my thoughts on Firewatch.
Here's some thoughts on the rest:

Her Story:
After bumbling around with the interface for a little while and not really knowing what to do, I ended up figuring out how to watch the clips in order. It's pretty cool the way the indexing is done and the overall story is neat too, but I didn't really go in expecting an FMV VN, which is pretty much what I got.

Mystik Belle:
A solid little metroidvania type adventure with a sort of Harry Potter vibe (if Hogwarts was seemingly female only [with a single exception, I think]). The animation feels clunky at first, especially since the resolution options are lacking (1x, 2x, 3x, 4x) and it's only 30fps. However, the level design is nicely done and the core of the game resolves around solving puzzles that remind me of the quest to get the giant sword in OoT. The bosses aren't really anything special, but the "true" ending is kind of fun in it's absurdity. After getting 100%, I realize there seems to be a trend for having "speedrun" achievements in the games I've been playing recently and I am not a fan.

Party Hard:
A more strategic take on the Hotline Miami idea. Murder everyone at a party without getting caught by the cops. There's a few different characters to try out if you manage to unlock them and a decent variety of levels, though a few are just reskins that have been slightly altered. The AI can be absolutely infuriating at times, as I learned while attempting some of the later levels and also while going after some of the achievements. Nothing is worse than when you just barely miss stabbing someone running for the phone or when they shouldn't be able to see dead bodies but somehow do and finger you as the murderer. Also had a "speed" achievement, thought it wasn't terrible if you managed to play through some of the extra levels.

Not a Hero:
Really solid run and gun at it's core, though sometimes the control scheme got in the way of itself in situations where precise controls were needed. Nothing more frustrating than randomly getting punched out of cover when you expect an enemy to be slide tackled and open for an execution; even more so when the level challenges include "Don't get punched." The general humor is very strange and I generally liked it, but toward the end, I got tired of the pre/post mission cutscenes and Bunny Lord's gibberish speaking, so I started skipping them. The sprite animation during the boss fights is absolutely fantastic, by the way, and almost worth playing the game for alone; however the main core of the game is also extremely solid.

The outfit system could have been great if it were broader and revolved around player choice (i.e. no selecting an outfit for you). A massive missed opportunity there.

Hmmm, I swear you can just go into the costume shop later in the game and change to whichever you want. I'm almost certain the first major assassination let's you have the choice of which outfit to use for the job... though I can't recall if the swamp limits you to just the assassin's gear or not. I do know that there'd be just about 0 reason to use the proper lady outfit in the swamps though. :)

Edit: Looked up a review and the author indicates that a lot of the time missions force you into specific personas... but I do believe there are some where you aren't required to be in a particular persona and can choose freely... but it's been awhile since I played it and the only one that sticks out is the first real Assassination where you can choose at least one of two paths from what I recall based on your current outfit.

You just broke my brain.

Come now... do you really expect anything different from Salsa? ;)

Party Hard:
A more strategic take on the Hotline Miami idea. Murder everyone at a party without getting caught by the cops. There's a few different characters to try out if you manage to unlock them and a decent variety of levels, though a few are just reskins that have been slightly altered. The AI can be absolutely infuriating at times, as I learned while attempting some of the later levels and also while going after some of the achievements. Nothing is worse than when you just barely miss stabbing someone running for the phone or when they shouldn't be able to see dead bodies but somehow do and finger you as the murderer. Also had a "speed" achievement, thought it wasn't terrible if you managed to play through some of the extra levels.

PROTIP: Never stab people running for the phone. Your only objective should be to put as much distance/obstacles between yourself and the cops as possible, especially if it's your first offense.

If you need strategies for certain levels, I can help. Already beat the game many (many) times over.

PROTIP: Never stab people running for the phone. Your only objective should be to put as much distance/obstacles between yourself and the cops as possible, especially if it's your first offense.

If you need strategies for certain levels, I can help. Already beat the game many (many) times over.

I should have clarified that the stabbing people is when they decide you're the murderer (whether deserved or not). I finished the main game (100% on the story) and did the first 3 extra levels so I could get the version of the outside level with the Shuma Gorath type eye in the middle to help with the speedrunning achievement.

Those last two story levels though... I had some high levels of aggravation with them before completing them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmmm, I swear you can just go into the costume shop later in the game and change to whichever you want. I'm almost certain the first major assassination let's you have the choice of which outfit to use for the job... though I can't recall if the swamp limits you to just the assassin's gear or not. I do know that there'd be just about 0 reason to use the proper lady outfit in the swamps though. :)

Edit: Looked up a review and the author indicates that a lot of the time missions force you into specific personas... but I do believe there are some where you aren't required to be in a particular persona and can choose freely... but it's been awhile since I played it and the only one that sticks out is the first real Assassination where you can choose at least one of two paths from what I recall based on your current outfit.

I'll give Ubi the benefit of the doubt and assume the outfit mechanic was hamstrung by budgetary concerns rather than bad design decisions. I'd like to see the system revisited in a mainline game. Unity and Syndicate place a greater emphasis on gear than previous games, but the equipment modifies stats and nothing to little else.

I should have clarified that the stabbing people is when they decide you're the murderer (whether deserved or not). I finished the main game (100% on the story) and did the first 3 extra levels so I could get the version of the outside level with the Shuma Gorath type eye in the middle to help with the speedrunning achievement.

Those last two story levels though... I had some high levels of aggravation with them before completing them.

The College Party isn't too bad. From your starting position, you run in and spike the punch/grab the package from the floor. If it's a bomb, you immediately set it right outside the range of the two guards protecting the left-side rooms, then run outside and kill the lone guard who wanders over by the ladder.

You can take care of most of the outside stragglers easily by killing and dumping them into the sewers, then picking off loners in the rightside rooms. Once that's done, clear out the left-side, then finish off the survivors on the dance floor with the extra packages/using a disguise if available.

Rhaknar

So to win a copy of A boy and His blob you need to post a screen from A boy and his Blob. Make sense.

You need to own it and post a picture actually. Its for gift copies basically

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mountain -- MB-8AC46757A7DA91AF - Taken by Popstar
t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes -- MB-0CE6407D7EF3A062 - Taken by Costa1774
Mercenary Kings (might be used) -- MB-54D336154FFCF0CE - Taken by Tellaerin
Trine 2 -- MB-0B9A42D9E68BC9CD - Taken by yuraya
Pac-Man Championship Edition -- MB-36D5E6519A394F4D - Taken by pislit
Star Trek -- MB-CEA0A419425F2197 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-52C02267467311C2 - Taken by Starwolf_UK
Incoming Forces -- MB-73757279E7FCFE06 - Taken by Saty
Valdis Story Abyssal City -- MB-009DA1FD943D5084 - Taken by FLD
Glorkian Warrior (might be used) -- MB-3A64B5D6CD197DB0 - Taken by fuzzy123
Paranautical Activity #2 -- MB-500421F92AA4A85A - Taken by gaiadyne
TRIP Steam Edition -- MB-D825BE0D18D2724F - Taken by shervinrs
Hack N Slash -- MB-F226FA143D441BD5 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious
Double Fine Adventure Documentary -- MB-C95809BB4407E589 - Taken by Ucchedavāda
Rise of the Triad -- MB-58E692470354EAE2 - Taken by Smash88
Canabalt -- MB-91D262B15FA0FFA3 - Taken by KenOD
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-121F8EC2BC4972B3 - Taken by texhnolyze
Another Perspective -- MB-7EE918D5CE9624B7 - Taken by Loptous
Super Distro -- MB-06AD66693018BCCE - Taken by Purkake4
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-5C3D3D9833D7A561 - Taken by fallout
Desert Thunder -- MB-788368E995C2CF7F - Taken by TheMadMan007
Resident Evil 0 DLC Shirt -- MB-6EF049499AB1DAF2 - Taken by diabolusinmusica
Another Perspective #2 -- MB-17F5321162A7DB00 - Taken by Vuze
Noir Syndrome -- MB-ED4C7A7D03E9CA9E - Taken by ExoSoul
Three Fourths Home -- MB-8707F857C23C4F39 - Taken by SSPssp
Where Is My Heart? -- MB-34F18B404D366159 - Taken by bobnowhere
BasketBelle (might be used) -- MB-EEBE819E4696FEFC - Taken by septicore
Back to Bed -- MB-A412C80107BE3261 - Taken by C4rter
Mercenary Kings -- MB-4470B6C902FF0973 - Taken by linonava
Paranautical Activity -- MB-5736AA0CBF196270 - Taken by neonglow
CT Special Forces -- MB-D3DDFA2BD1AA96EC - Taken by Coldsun
Brazen Prototype (might be used) -- MB-C242EDB2D171CA03 - Taken by Eila
The Joylancer -- MB-6D7839F097F8FA23 - Taken by Werd
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-78F3A8ABD939E9C5 - Taken by logical

Ludens

Banned
You need to own it and post a picture actually. Its for gift copies basically

Yeah, I understood, but they could do something else, giving the same game to people who already own it...probably half those people will just sell the game or whatever.

Yesterday I completed Leon A on RE2, now I need to go with Claire B.
I don't understand why people say RE2 is the easier RE game, because I did all of them, even on Hard, and only on RE2 you need to face 7 zombies when you enter a room, 4 dogs, three likers, all at once.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-D81A8D21B67A0CFB - Taken by Ucchedavāda

btw

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Brilliant Bob -- MB-3D67795D1D98B95F - Taken by Purkake4
Goocubelets -- MB-5491F812D5DFD50A - Taken by Mikurden
The Deer -- MB-80B12E5477013763 - Taken by rainking187
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (UPlay) -- MB-8997CA5B607FDCB2 - Taken by pislit
Why So Evil -- MB-C3F17D1E380A0DE6 - Taken by Purkake4
Absconding Zatwor -- MB-9CEC8C9CDCF0C339 - Taken by Coldsun
Why So Evil 2 -- MB-DCDEB4EC3CA4E5C8 - Taken by Mikurden

Tizoc

I meant more in the sense that, i could wreck stuff with Adon (on a scrub level) but I could never pull off his focus attack dash cancel combo into ultra 2 for example. Which annoyed me.

Oh I see, well that one became second nature to me haha. Technically though if instead of Focus Attack canceling you SUPER Cancel into U2, it'd be easier

dex3108

So Valve said that they don't care about competition and that VR doesn't need killer app. But why the hell they are not learning things from their own mistakes. Steam Machine project bombed so hard and Valve can only blame themselves, Steam Controller project wasn't that successful either and not to mention that they have tendency to abandon project (Steam Music, Movies came but late and with region locks that Valve said are bad and issue, Steam OS...).

MUnited83

For you.
So Valve said that they don't care about competition and that VR doesn't need killer app. But why the hell they are not learning things from their own mistakes. Steam Machine project bombed so hard and Valve can only blame themselves, Steam Controller project wasn't that successful either and not to mention that they have tendency to abandon project (Steam Music, Movies came but late and with region locks that Valve said are bad and issue, Steam OS...).

Eh, you are comparing two completely different things. Steam machines did fine, and they are not the ones taking the hit anyways. The Steam Controller is awesome and keeps getting better and better. VR is something much bigger than Steam Music and they are already developing what will be the main VR Api, and that is all that mather. They don't need killer app at all, they don't need to HL3 VR at all. All they have to do is keeping improving their Api and headsets, and the games will come, both from AAA and indie devs. There doesn't need to be a super huge mega ultra AAA game for VR, only a steady offering of high quality software. This is what they said, and they're right.

ExoSoul

Banned
Eh, you are comparing two completely different things. Steam machines did fine, and they are not the ones taking the hit anyways. The Steam Controller is awesome and keeps getting better and better. VR is something much bigger than Steam Music and they are already developing what will be the main VR Api, and that is all that mather. They don't need killer app at all, they don't need to HL3 VR at all. All they have to do is keeping improving their Api and headsets, and the games will come, both from AAA and indie devs. There doesn't need to be a super huge mega ultra AAA game for VR, only a steady offering of high quality software. This is what they said, and they're right.

This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom