• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I refunded Street Fighter V so I could buy Arslan.

8615gsa3.gif

I remember when I made a Primal Carnage topic and it got like one or two replies. Shame, it's easily the best dinosaur game this gen (though it's not like it has a lot of competition).
I count Lego Jurassic World as it's own thing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-2C97714DA61A32B7
Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-364DAC507534A94E
Supercharged Robot VULKAISER -- MB-2E00AD04CC5DF7BE
Shadowgate: MacVenture Series -- MB-0B2066F7365AB873
Overlord II -- MB-0F77B96DEABFE415 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Chaos on Deponia -- MB-A570ADA2871C5FFC
Goodbye Deponia -- MB-BBAD317888939357
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut -- MB-79B35627815B43DB
NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans -- MB-745FC7CD17E37E25
The Sacred Tears TRUE -- MB-790648ADFEBCFFFE
Vanguard Princess -- MB-73BD452B090815B2
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-C812D8B2D6963251
How to Survive: Third Person Standalone -- MB-F0577529FF68E43D
It Came from Space, and Ate Our Brains -- MB-34B250093F1A9CAF
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-20A2C0D6D127F65F
Overlord -- MB-FF7D794D886C6F3D
Secret Ponchos -- MB-F0A2F0885BF0C38E - Taken by Large Professor
Xenonauts -- MB-38CF137B24DF3D79 - Taken by ExoSoul
Deponia -- MB-19E5BE79E91A8C3D
99 Spirits: Special Edition -- MB-E6DFFEEC8060EF64
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure -- MB-ACF1B1102836AE2A

t1455390015z1.png
Note to self: Add auto-repost

chronomac

Random question: I've started watching Amazon Prime video on my PC, which is connected to my TV. The image quality's quite nice but motion doesn't look great. I remember AMD implementing a "fluid motion" setting that helped in the past, but I see that it's gone now. It's not in the new Radeon software. Anyone have any other suggestions for software that would do the same thing? Granted, I'm not looking to smooth the video out so that it looks fake the way TV settings do (their motion settings are awful).

If you want it to work with your PS4 stick, buy it on PS4. ;)

That's the plan. Although I was told D-input is in the works for the PC version, I'm surprised the final version doesn't support it. I'm pretty sure that would've been a top complaint they would've tackled for the retail version.

That's the plan. Although I was told D-input is in the works for the PC version, I'm surprised the final version doesn't support it. I'm pretty sure that would've been a top complaint they would've tackled for the retail version.

Hell, the reason I don't buy fighting games on PS4 at this point is because my PS3/x360 TE stick won't work on them unless they use that bit of code the Skullgirls devs created... but there's no guarantee a publisher/developer will make use of it. Which sucks sometimes because it leaves me a game behind on the ASW games (we're finally catching up) and at the mercy of developers who like to abandon their PC version when they finally add features/content everyone would want (I'm looking at you, Netherrealm).

I was only kidding with the original comment though. :D
One could argue that it makes more sense to use joy2key or whatever if dinput is really coming and PC is the platform you really want it on because (options).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans

I dont know what this is but that is a hell of a game title

Sch1sm

so whats steamgaf doing for valentines?

Watching the NBA All Star Game. Sleeping.

Playing Beyond Earth because I neglected it after the first 6 hours because I kept getting attacked by Siege Worms and I was sick of it but now I have the strategy kick again.

iosefe

I'll write the bio of two of my soldiers as lovers and have them both die on a mission. Fuck romance.
I did that once, but it was more a store of vengeance

Pamela and Fresco. They grew up together and it broke Fresco when Pamela was killed by a thin man, and in his rage he unloaded a full clip into the thin man that killed her. Fast forward a few missions and aliens are terrorizing civilians. Off in the distance, Fresco sees a woman striking a resemblance to Pamela. In the sky behind her is a floater. He rushes in to cover the woman's escape, and is shot in the back making sure she was safe.

Pamela and Fresco were once again reunited in heaven and a woman has Fresco's love of Pamela to thank for her life continuing.

Jazz573

So, I just found out that in one specific instance, you can have Inori on the screen while saying the second line (ok ok, it's a slightly different line)

Don't mind me... waiting on my nekos.

LMAO. I wonder if I should just buy it and try to ignore the bugs? :p

Jawmuncher

latest

Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior the T-Virus?

-----

Playing Resident Evil Zero with the Steam Controller works quite well. Used the Second most popular config and tweaked it to my liking. Thinking that for the most part, I might end up just using this over my 360 controller for the majority of games.

Right now my only grip is
-Sometime BPM glitches the fuck out. If I turn the controller on after i'm already in the game on accident it only has some of the buttons work. Then when I go to BPM mode it can barely go through the menu. Like it's double pressing all my input including the analog. Only way to fix it is to turn the controller off, exit BPM, and start over.
It's not the biggest issue. Since you know if I just turn the controller on first and then do it none of that happens. Still just seems like something that should be fixed.
Aside from that twice I have had the controller randomly just get rid of my config while tweaking. Dunno what I pressed, but it's a tad bit annoying.

Still overall small gripes, and really thus far even with just two games I would recommend the controller. Especially with the upcoming changes the beta has for it.

latest

Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior the T-Virus?

-----

Playing Resident Evil Zero with the Steam Controller works quite well. Used the Second most popular config and tweaked it to my liking. Thinking that for the most part, I might end up just using this over my 360 controller for the majority of games.

Right now my only grip is
-Sometime BPM glitches the fuck out. If I turn the controller on after i'm already in the game on accident it only has some of the buttons work. Then when I go to BPM mode it can barely go through the menu. Like it's double pressing all my input including the analog. Only way to fix it is to turn the controller off, exit BPM, and start over.
It's not the biggest issue. Since you know if I just turn the controller on first and then do it none of that happens. Still just seems like something that should be fixed.
Aside from that twice I have had the controller randomly just get rid of my config while tweaking. Dunno what I pressed, but it's a tad bit annoying.

Still overall small gripes, and really thus far even with just two games I would recommend the controller. Especially with the upcoming changes the beta has for it.

Why even bother with BPM now that you can configure via the desktop client?

Momentary

Banned
Just want to say that Steam and/or Capcom got slick and if you gifted Betas to people then you CAN'T return SFV and buy it for a cheaper price from GMG...

Fucking sleazy ass shit man.

Sch1sm

Just want to say that Steam and/or Capcom got slick and if you gifted Betas to people then you CAN'T return SFV and buy it for a cheaper price from GMG...

It was meant to be.

Obligatory Leafhopper quote, "Don't preorder games."

Durante

After putting another 11 hours or so into The WItness, I just don't understand how anyone can seriously say that it is badly designed.

Not for everyone? Sure. Occasionally non-intuitive? Perhaps.
But damn me if it doesn't have some of the most inventive and intricately interwoven puzzle design I have ever seen in any game.

Echoplx

The refund system on Steam isn't without flaws, it's probably just an unfortunate side effect. You probably shouldn't jump to conclusions like that without some kind of actual proof, also I don't think Capcom actually gives a fuck about people cancelling and buying on GMG because GMG takes the loss when they do coupons.

Tizoc

I was trying to refund SFV as steam bucks to buy Arslan and then buy SFV and the season pass on GMG.

STEAM said HAH!

That's what you get for being cheap :V
But nah bruv, Arslan Musou is not worth spending your Gaben dollars on.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Heh heh "content" ;)

Story Mode
Arcade – Single or Tag
Versus – Same as above
Time Attack – Same as above
Survival – Same as above
Ranked Match – Same as above
Unranked Match -- Same as above
Lobby Match – Up to 16 players and Same as above
Team Battle
Leaderboards
Fighters List
Training Mode
Command Training
Combo Training
Throwdown Challenge
Online Dojo
Share on Facebook or Youtube
Boobs

Momentary

Banned
The refund system on Steam isn't without flaws, it's probably just an unfortunate side effect. You probably shouldn't jump to conclusions like that without some kind of actual proof, also I don't think Capcom actually gives a fuck about people cancelling and buying on GMG because GMG takes the loss when they do coupons.

... Okay. It probably wasn't Capcom and it probably wasn't STEAM's fault. And GMG doesn't take a loss. They don't profit as much, true. You really think they sell games to not make money?

I take back what I said about STEAM. They did that shit to not give refunds. I'll jump to whatever I want to bruh.

That's what you get for being cheap :V
But nah bruv, Arslan Musou is not worth spending your Gaben dollars on.

I'll just get the Season pass off GMG then.
Story Mode
Arcade – Single or Tag
Versus – Same as above
Time Attack – Same as above
Survival – Same as above
Ranked Match – Same as above
Unranked Match -- Same as above
Lobby Match – Up to 16 players and Same as above
Team Battle
Leaderboards
Fighters List
Training Mode