• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its time for a new SteamDB leak. Would love to see more.

Games that got an update in the last month:

Banned Game
Criminal Girls
- 8 days ago
Everybodys Gone to the Ratpure - yesterday
Steins Gate - 9 days ago
Earth Defense Force - 21 days ago
Stranger of Sword City - 6 days ago
Phantom Brave - 11 days ago
Code of Princess - 22 days ago (thats kinda strange, since the company went under before that)
XBlaze Code: Embryo - 1 day ago

Jawmuncher

I think its time for a new SteamDB leak. Would love to see more.

Games that got an update in the last month:

Banned Game
Criminal Girls
- 8 days ago
Everybodys Gone to the Ratpure - yesterday
Steins Gate - 9 days ago
Earth Defense Force - 21 days ago
Stranger of Sword City - 6 days ago
Phantom Brave - 11 days ago
Code of Princess - 22 days ago (thats kinda strange, since the company went under before that)
XBlaze Code: Embryo - 1 day ago

I didn't know Xblaze popped up on Steam DB. Would love for that to do well enough to bring the sequel over. I enjoyed it on Vita. Also hope code princess still happens.

Isn't it amazing how we've been conditioned to associate the word "simulator" with shovelware or a garbage novelty game? It really does a disservice to simulator games that are actually good (I haven't played ETS2 of course but it's usually the prime example.)

It's kinda sad. I know it's dumb to say this but, I wish there was some way to copyright the term Simulator in a title of a game. At least so low effort games can't abuse it like they do but, then again the copyright would be abused to all hell if that happened.

It's kinda sad. I know it's dumb to say this but, I wish there was some way to copyright the term Simulator in a title of a game. At least so low effort games can't abuse it like they do but, then again the copyright would be abused to all hell if that happened.

These games are made to sell for the "randomness". YouTube-LP Fodder, hoping that a popular YT LPer will play it.

I mean Surgeon Simulator and Goat Simulator are actually... (imo) shitty games, but they sold because of their randomness and a lot of YT videos.

These games are made to sell for the "randomness". YouTube-LP Fodder, hoping that a popular YT LPer will play it.

I mean Surgeon Simulator and Goat Simulator are actually... (imo) shitty games, but they sold because of their randomness and a lot of YT videos.

Oh I know the reason people but, that in their title just that it ruins actual simulator games when they do come out.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Leakers have a knack for getting news from résumés. :)

QnF7zdtDsXmg.gif

Momentary

Banned
I dunno who I'm gonna play in SFV. I tried all the characters and no one really clicked.

I found 3 in SFV that I'll be training with. Necalli, Laura, and R. Mika. I'll probably drop R.Mika for Alex when he hits. Right now I'm most comfortable with Necalli. I've probably put about 30 hours into him already.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Chinese pirate group 3DM claim to have cracked the latest Denuvo encryption, days after entering self-imposed hiatus

Videogame piracy has been experiencing choppy waters these past few weeks and it's been difficult to keep track of its course.

Chinese pirate group 3DM - an outfit considered to be the frontrunners of cracking Denuvo anti-tamper software - recently pledged to halt their operations for a year, instead focusing on localisation, to see how it affects legitimate videogame sales. This announcement has since led to speculation that Denuvo was proving too difficult for 3DM to crack, prompting 3DM to find an excuse and back out of piracy gracefully.

In a bid to disprove the rumours, 3DM have just announced they're on the verge of cracking the latest Denuvo, meaning Rise of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3 and FIFA 16 could be on their way to torrent sites.

“3DM will soon announce that we have a solution to the latest Denuvo encryption used on games including ‘FIFA 16’, ‘Just Cause 3’, and ‘Tomb Raider: The Rise’,” 3DM leader Bird Sister just announced, via TorrentFreak. “We [made this announcement] because a lot of players believe we have abandoned cracking due to technical problems, but we will prove it is not the case. We have not yet been stumped [by protection measures].”

How these will be distributed exactly isn't clear at the moment, but Bird Sister concludes with: “Of course, this will not be a high-profile or official 3DM release.”

We recently spoke to Denuvo about their anti-piracy protection, which they openly admit isn't uncrackable, saying "we do not position our Anti-Tamper solution as uncrackable, only hard to crack." The aim is to give publishers and developers some breathing room, so there isn't a pirated version of games available during their first few crucial days on sale, when legitimate sales are at their highest.

The breathing room enjoyed by Rise of the Tomb Raider and Just Cause 3 has been particularly lengthy but, if 3DM's recent comments have substance, it might not be long now.

Ludens

Banned
The impression I have with SFV is that Capcom is releasing an EA game.
Bland story mode, the intro posted on Youtube is not on the game disc (at least this is what some GAF posted in the gaming thread), plenty of additional characters already planned.
Dunno, it seems very barebone to me.

Bland story mode, the intro posted on Youtube is not on the game disc (at least this is what some GAF posted in the gaming thread), plenty of additional characters already planned.

Soon you will hear:

"Its not a game. Its a service!"

Hektor

So far i'm a bit disappointed by the witness.

Too many puzzles i've encountered as of now come down to looking at the puzzle from certain perspectives or through certain things rather than solving through intelligence and logic.

Ludens

Banned
Soon you will hear:

"Its not a game. Its a service!"

What I'm waiting for is the "price" of those additional characters using BP.
Because I'm pretty sure you'll need so much time to farm BP to buy just one character you will be eventually "forced" into buying the season pass.

gelf

The impression I have with SFV is that Capcom is releasing an EA games.
Same. Finding out the story mode as it stands is lesser then even a barebones old school arcade mode was the final straw and I'll be holding back until I'm satisfied with what the game offers.

Pachimari

Yeah, I'm also majorly disappointed by The Witness so far, and Oxenfree isn't doing much but both have a nice atmosphere.

I'm gonna go look for a PS4 copy of Street Fighter V now.

Jawmuncher

What I'm waiting for is the "price" of those additional characters using BP.
Because I'm pretty sure you'll need so much time to farm BP to buy just one character you will be eventually "forced" into buying the season pass.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...-fighter-5-premium-costumes-will-be-around-4/

Speaking with Venture Beat, Dahlgren said that individual characters will cost around $6 USD (600 zenny) and premium costumes will run about $4 USD (400 zenny) apiece.
You can compare this with the season pass of Street Fighter 5, which includes all 6 initial DLC characters and a premium costume for each of those fighters, priced at $29.99 USD.

So much like KI, they're going to push people getting the Season Passes for their "value". 6 character and a alt for each at $30. Vs. $58 buying them all separately with their alt.
Fight money is more or less just for either extremely dedicated players (The sort that will be playing SFV daily for years) or for other to maybe get a free skin from time to time. Not counting the generous amount they're offering for the the current SP modes.

Momentary

Banned

Kinda like an arcade release. I love it! I'll test it out for you to make sure everything is good by the time the "home" version is released by the end of the year with the extra characters.

I also think Capcom should have stuck by their original release Window for this game which was in April/May. I think some higher up rushed them for some reason. Maybe to try and get it into this year's tournaments. They are really going to make a lot of casuals mad who don't pay attention to gaming news and get something THEY think is a barebones product.

Tizoc

As someone who played dozens of fighters over the years, I don't see te big deal with that.
Long as the Versus and online modes work fine, the single player stuff isn't that big a deal.
Besides the SP stuff isn' what people will be talking about with this game 6 months from now.

Jawmuncher

As someone who played dozens of fighters over the years, I don't see te big deal with that.
Long as the Versus and online modes work fine, the single player stuff isn't that big a deal.
Besides the SP stuff isn' what people will be talking about with this game 6 months from now.

Well the Cinematic Story Mode is in June. So they'll probably be talking about SP at that time. Hell I expect them to have more then one SP mode after every batch of characters. Much like KI's season story modes.

Kinda like an arcade release. I love it! I'll test it out for you to make sure everything is good by the time the "home" version is released by the end of the year with the extra characters.

I also think Capcom should have stuck by their original release Window for this game which was in April/May. I think some higher up rushed them for some reason. Maybe to try and get it into this year's tournaments. They are really going to make a lot of casuals mad who don't pay attention to gaming news and get something THEY think is a barebones product.

It's pretty obvious they wanted to get it out for Evo. That and to bump up this fiscal quarter rather than the next. But I agree the casual side of things is what they're going to hurt. They need to make a big focus on the free DLC that hits in June for story mode.

Seems odd to pay for an Emulator.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
shoot some stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Htown, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-7753060D34BD1757 - Taken by HundredEyeMonk. 9 entrants total.

t1455389503z1.png

Momentary

Banned

Yeah, but for the initial sales numbers you kinda want to grab less dedicated people's attention right off the bat. Maybe I'm wrong and people will know that story mode is coming and stick with the game.

But I'm right there with you. I've been playing fighting games since the 80's and I'm really used to just having a training mode. Hell I remember some fighting games not even having a training mode or move list. I feel like the no training mode deal was more of an SNK thing. But the was with their super old games.

Uzzy

Yup. Capcom want the game out now so the Pro Tour can use it. That's what'll have people talking about the game in seven years time, not the fairly barebones launch.

Momentary

Banned
I'm actually glad they are bringing what I call the "arcade" release home right now instead of pulling a Tekken 6 and 7 and waiting an eternity for it to marinate in the arcade scene before being able to get our mitts on it.

Many people are calling it an early access release. Maybe a joke, maybe not.

So far i'm a bit disappointed by the witness.

Too many puzzles i've encountered as of now come down to looking at the puzzle from certain perspectives or through certain things rather than solving through intelligence and logic.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. You'll eventually come to appreciate (and perhaps even marvel) the level design of the game. Also you'll reach the harder puzzles soon enough if that's what you're really looking for ;)

Jawmuncher

Yup. Capcom want the game out now so the Pro Tour can use it. That's what'll have people talking about the game in seven years time, not the fairly barebones launch.

Still the casual base brings in a lot of cash that helps. I don't think there's any need to blame the consumer for wanting more from their product. Even if other's are fine with nothing but Versus and Training.

Finally something to beat The Matrix Reloaded R rated opening from ages ago.

Uzzy

I'm actually glad they are bringing what I call the "arcade" release home right now instead of pulling a Tekken 6 and 7 and waiting an eternity for it to marinate in the arcade scene before being able to get our mitts on it.

Japanese/South Korean arcades only and still gets main stage at EVO two years running. So annoying. Replace it with Catherine already!

Still the casual base brings in a lot of cash that helps. I don't think there's any need to blame the consumer for wanting more from their product. Even if other's are fine with nothing but Versus and Training.

Certainly. I want more from the game, I've said before that I want to see a fully developed training mode and story mode, something approaching the excellent single player content we've seen from MK9/X and Guilty Gear/BlazBlue. I very much hope that Capcom delivers on it, and keeps developing single player content even after the story mode drops later in the year.

Dr Dogg

While I've got no gripes with a barebones release for SFV, the market Capcom has somewhat talked about trying to cater for sure will have issues with what's on offer at launch. If they want to try and interest a casual, more mainstream gamer then really chances are by the time stuff like the March update, let alone the proper Story drop in June, they will have played, moved on and traded the game in. MKX's trophies on PS4 sort of show that more peeps have 100%ed the Story than played, that's played not won, 1 online match. Going by what's on PSNProfiles the same is true from tutorial mode with even more turning towards the Story rather than figuring out what the buttons do.

GaussTek

Especially if it's ZSNES.

The 'interesting' part here is the supposed Wii U emulator, but that one being paid too won't end well anyway heh.

Or perhaps he is just joking? I mean going from an old SNES emu to a Wii U emu?! (unless they've worked on other stuff beside ZNES before...)

Momentary

Banned

Finally something to beat The Matrix Reloaded R rated opening from ages ago.

I hope this gets a 10th of the concurrent DOTA 2 player base in terms of competitiveness so that we wouldn't have to worry about single player content. But alas, fighting games don't work like that. Hopefully this new network Capcom is working on bolsters more crowds towards the competitive spectrum of things. This game is pretty accessible and hopefully the new ranking system doesn't make new comers feel hopeless online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom