• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

firewatch runs and looks fine, but I'm locking it at 30fps so what do i know on a 760 gtx, must suck for people who absolutely need a consistent 60 fps walking simulator

Lomax

When Humble claimed the month Monthly Bundle had 75k subscribers, I was pretty sure it was the total number of subscribers since the beginning, NOT the monthly sales number. Looks like I was right.

According to Steamspy, Volume sales jumped from around 12k to 50k. Penarium jumped from 1k to 40k. Dropsy from 20k to 55k.

So between the latest Monthly bundle sold around 35,000-40,000 units. Which is probably the best-selling Monthly bundle so far, but they are not in the 75k territory yet.

Eh, we know nowhere near all people who get a bundle activate all their keys. In fact, some devs have said it's as low as 25%. So I don't really think this invalidates the claim.

It's not like Gabe could have gotten free reign though, since at MS there are shareholders and the board he got to answer.

True, but I think that could have been good too. Would have certainly motivated some drastic improvements to steam customer service. I still think the best thing to do would be to split steam off as its own company.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hateful Eight?

You could have easily chopped out 45 minutes and it wouldn't have changed the plot. Hated it.

Probably the worst of Tarantino's films that I've seen. and I loved Django Unchained. Still haven't seen Jackie Brown yet.

weird

i'd say it's one of my favorites but i like all of them a lot so it's hard to rank em

Someone psoted this. 2 hours each day for 11 months....you can buy the season pass and spare some money from the power bill.

While I expect that Capcom will not make it trivial to earn the DLC characters, that entire post can basically be reduced to the statement that "if we assume that the rate at which you earn FM is very low relative to character costs, then it'll take a long time to earn enough FM to buy all characters". Well, duh. There is really no point in attempting such calculations before we know the actual rate at which the (average) player will be earning FM, initially and / or after the addition of daily challenges.

Pretty happy how smooth my upgrade to Win10 went. It's definitely not a change like going from Win7>Win8.1 was.
CbGuhGvWIAAS7Tc.jpg:large
Even though I got a little hate for it, I'm liking the oldschool style I got with clasicshell and really glad I got the superior Solitaire working, too.
---
If I buy https://groupees.com/bma3 (4$) with a coin worth 11 bucks, do I keep 7$ as credit on groupees?

Pretty happy how smooth my upgrade to Win10 went. It's definitely not a change like going from Win7>Win8.1 was.

Even though I got a little hate for it, I'm liking the oldschool style I got with clasicshell and really glad I got the superior Solitaire working, too.
---
If I buy https://groupees.com/bma3 (4$) with a coin worth 11 bucks, do I keep 7$ as credit on groupees?

Nope. You will lose the remaining 7$.

It's not as cheap as it's ever been (major steam sale before it was removed may have had it for about $15), but if you like Deadpool, it's a service-able action game with a decent sense of humor (again, provided you like Deadpool). $20 isn't a great price, but it's not a bad price.

Best three hour break during EVO finals day, for sure.

Haha. I'm right there with you!

Let us see
how hype
GAF will be
After first timers
play Knack
for the first time

The user and critic reviews on metacritic have the game at an average of like 60%. That sounds like "wait and check it out when it's dumped on PS+" rather than "drop $8 on it".

Now even though I wasn't a fan of the general style/direction they seemed to be taking Killzone with Shadow Fall, I would actually drop $8 on that since I generally enjoy the Killzone franchise... but alas, I don't think it's ever been that cheap yet.

I'd also consider selling my copy of Second Son and getting it digitally for $8... but this is Knack we're talking about (which isn't even Steam related, ha!).

zkylon

zkylewd

---

how did u get old solitaire on ur computer

my mom's been asking me to go and install it for her forever since she got win 10 but i can't find it

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Htown, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Htown, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-7753060D34BD1757 - Taken by HundredEyeMonk

t1455389503z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
tyty saoirse

can someone explain to me what this arseland game is

it looks anime which i can appreciate but the pictures or video or description make it really unclear wth it is

is it dynasty warriors

Tizoc

Thanks for that W7 games link, grabbing Solitaire to play on Win 8.1 and later.

'Hope' you're all ready for THE GIVEAWAY OF DESPAIR~

I don't know if I'll double dip on Danganronpa at launch. It sounds like Abstraction Games will do a good job on the port but I think I rather use that money towards Disgaea PC.

Deitus

Someone psoted this. 2 hours each day for 11 months....you can buy the season pass and spare some money from the power bill.

To be fair, it's not really logical to assume that one should be able to unlock all characters and costumes with in game cash through casual play. It's not a free to play game, but of course they aren't going to make it easy to unlock everything, since they do in fact want to sell DLC.

That being said, with the way they have been presenting the monitization scheme up until now, it seemed like it would be totally reasonable to play the game normally, and be able to easily earn enough money to unlock one or two characters, and costumes for your mains at least, and be able to continue unlocking more as you continue to play, which would be totally reasonable for most people's needs. Hardcore players who need to have all characters unlocked right away would still have to pay, like they always did, as would people who obsessively need all costumes for characters they don't even play. But for the average player, they would get access to more content than they would in previous games, without paying extra.

But if those numbers are correct, it's not really reasonable to unlock one or two characters or costumes. That's 1200 ranked wins for a single costume, or 2000 wins for a single character. Yes, you get enough money to buy one character for completing the single player content, and a small bonus for leveling up, but for your second character, it sounds like grind city. They better have other bonuses to fight money (first win of the day bonus for instance).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-2C97714DA61A32B7 - Taken by fenners. 12 entrants total.
Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-364DAC507534A94E - Taken by Polishin8r. 17 entrants total.
Supercharged Robot VULKAISER -- MB-2E00AD04CC5DF7BE - Taken by septicore. 17 entrants total.
Shadowgate: MacVenture Series -- MB-0B2066F7365AB873 - Taken by Ludens. 2 entrants total.
Overlord II -- MB-0F77B96DEABFE415 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 10 entrants total.
Chaos on Deponia -- MB-A570ADA2871C5FFC - Taken by bkw. 18 entrants total.
Goodbye Deponia -- MB-BBAD317888939357 - Taken by Natty1. 11 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut -- MB-79B35627815B43DB - Taken by Ventara. 3 entrants total.
NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans -- MB-745FC7CD17E37E25 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 15 entrants total.
The Sacred Tears TRUE -- MB-790648ADFEBCFFFE - Taken by bobnowhere. 21 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-73BD452B090815B2 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious. 2 entrants total.
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-C812D8B2D6963251 - Taken by neonglow. 14 entrants total.
How to Survive: Third Person Standalone -- MB-F0577529FF68E43D - Taken by fuzzy123. 19 entrants total.
It Came from Space, and Ate Our Brains -- MB-34B250093F1A9CAF - Taken by mrks. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-20A2C0D6D127F65F - Taken by Costa1774. 6 entrants total.
Overlord -- MB-FF7D794D886C6F3D - Taken by mp1990. 1 entrants total.
Secret Ponchos -- MB-F0A2F0885BF0C38E - Taken by Large Professor. 22 entrants total.
Xenonauts -- MB-38CF137B24DF3D79 - Taken by ExoSoul. 40 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-19E5BE79E91A8C3D - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 1 entrants total.
99 Spirits: Special Edition -- MB-E6DFFEEC8060EF64 - Taken by Endruen. 3 entrants total.
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure -- MB-ACF1B1102836AE2A - Taken by Madn. 15 entrants total.

t1455390015z1.png
Last repost :V

Happy bday!
Thanks!

53 hours, XCOM 2 completed (veteran difficulty). Exhale.
So do you kick the aliens out of earth or what
Hateful Eight?

You could have easily chopped out 45 minutes and it wouldn't have changed the plot. Hated it.

Probably the worst of Tarantino's films that I've seen. and I loved Django Unchained. Still haven't seen Jackie Brown yet.
I agree, it was an extremely boring movie. They couldve cut off a good hour or more and like you said, it wont effect the plot. Itll just save everyone some time

fantomena

Fucking Firewatch. The map is so damn bugged. It's either black overall or black when I zoom in. Trying to both restart game, change graphic settings and load save and if the black map bug dissappears Im just lucky.

zkylon

zkylewd
I agree, it was an extremely boring movie. They couldve cut off a good hour or more and like you said, it wont effect the plot. Itll just save everyone some time
i quite enjoyed the length of it

i'm generally a person that argues for shorter movies (specially on an era that's all superheroes and sci fi and i just don't want to watch that kind of movies for that long) but i loved very minute of this as the tension kept building and building up until it was practically unbearable

a shorter movie would've had less tension and less payoff as a result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom