• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Activision has to feel good about getting that Deadpool license back

Now if only they sold the stupid thing for a decent price.

q5h2oJD.jpg

Momentary

Banned
Japanese/South Korean arcades only and still gets main stage at EVO two years running. So annoying. Replace it with Catherine already!

Hopefully they don't make us wait. It took 2 years after Tekken 6's arcade release for it to reach home. Next month will be one year for Tekken 7. I'm afraid it will be an additional year after that.

Dr Dogg

The real questions we should be asking is where's Soul Calibur 6? Will we see Power Stone or Star Gladiator 3? And does Sega realise it owns Virtual On?

gelf

I'd be tempted resort to paying for an original Xbox emulator if it motivated more progress on that front but I can't see who would pay for SNES emulation with all the free options already out there.

Pachimari

The real questions we should be asking is where's Soul Calibur 6?

Will hopefully be announced after the console release of Tekken 7 is out in 2017.

And didn't Verendus hint at Virtua Fighter 6 being under development once? Or am I wrong, if so, somebody correct me.

While I've got no gripes with a barebones release for SFV, the market Capcom has somewhat talked about trying to cater for sure will have issues with what's on offer at launch. If they want to try and interest a casual, more mainstream gamer then really chances are by the time stuff like the March update, let alone the proper Story drop in June, they will have played, moved on and traded the game in. MKX's trophies on PS4 sort of show that more peeps have 100%ed the Story than played, that's played not won, 1 online match. Going by what's on PSNProfiles the same is true from tutorial mode with even more turning towards the Story rather than figuring out what the buttons do.

This is a good point. The competition ships with a full campaign mode right out of the box, and it's getting a console re-release soon I think? There are definitely going to be more than a few disappointed customers come release day when they realize that SF5 has training and versus only. At the same time you can't really blame Capcom for trying to get it out in front of Evo instead of waiting another full year and a bit.

Hopefully all the incoming free content will build up good word of mouth for the game so it can overcome the inevitable backlash for shipping in a somewhat bare state.

Tizoc

where's the next sonic racing sega

sonic racing transformed is actually one of the few simple looking games that blow my mind how good it looks when I first played it on pc

hELL WHAt is Sumo even doing lately? I'd settle for a new arcade style racer from them at least @_@

Lomax

If they put it on steam I'd probably toss them a few bucks. I mean, I've been using the thing for nearly two decades now.

Clearly this is incontrovertible proof that Microsoft is poised to purchase Valve and turn Steam into the next GFWL.

I still wish the rumor from a few years ago that Microsoft would buy valve and Gabe would be the new ceo had been true. I think it would have benefited both companies.

Jawmuncher

Clearly this is incontrovertible proof that Microsoft is poised to purchase Valve and turn Steam into the next GFWL.

Seems like a waste of money for them. Better off just going the Uplay route. Have their own store but release on steam anyway. The Windows Store version of Rise of the Tomb Raider was it's own thing right and didn't tie into steam? Aside from add non-steam game.

I still wish the rumor from a few years ago that Microsoft would buy valve and Gabe would be the new ceo had been true. I think it would have benefited both companies.

It's not like Gabe could have gotten free reign though, since at MS there are shareholders and the board he got to answer.

Kifimbo

When Humble claimed the month Monthly Bundle had 75k subscribers, I was pretty sure it was the total number of subscribers since the beginning, NOT the monthly sales number. Looks like I was right.

According to Steamspy, Volume sales jumped from around 12k to 50k. Penarium jumped from 1k to 40k. Dropsy from 20k to 55k.

So between the latest Monthly bundle sold around 35,000-40,000 units. Which is probably the best-selling Monthly bundle so far, but they are not in the 75k territory yet.

Tizoc

Will hopefully be announced after the console release of Tekken 7 is out in 2017.

And didn't Verendus hint at Virtua Fighter 6 being under development once? Or am I wrong, if so, somebody correct me.

SEGA prob. had it planned but after some finanical reviews it is possible they pt it on hold.
Regradless, VF following the KI or DoA5 model could really help it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Anyone have speaker recommendations?

quality>price, unless we're talking silly high end, and if a $50 one is as good as a $120 one, $50 one obviously :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom