• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Alien: Isolation, great game overall, the ending was a little to difficult and took some of the fun and flow away from the story, because I died probably a dozen times on a small 10 segment. Highly recommended though.

What difficulty were you on?
Also what part did you die on repeatedly? Was it
after you're abducted and start your escape again with all the random face huggers or the part right before that where there are multiple aliens around finally as you're trying to get do whatever to make it possible to reach the Torens?

I'm talking about the gameplay part towards the ending when
you have to dock the Torrens while the station is falling apart and about 4-5 aliens are hunting you.
, but I liked the actual cinematic ending, it was vague but I thought it was pretty well done.

4-5? I'm pretty sure it's 2. :lol
Again, I have to wonder what difficulty you were on? If you were playing on something like normal, I could see where that bit might be a bit hard compared to the rest of the game because of the general AI/tenacity/aggresiveness of the Alien during the game prior to that. A few chapters before should've been a bit of a primer though when
you end up in the hive itself and have to set up the explosion to destroy the hive itself... that's the first part you really have to deal with more than a single alien and it was a right pain in the ass on whatever difficulty I was playing on.

What difficulty were you on?
Also what part did you die on repeatedly? Was it
after you're abducted and start your escape again with all the random face huggers or the part right before that where there are multiple aliens around finally as you're trying to get do whatever to make it possible to reach the Torens?

4-5? I'm pretty sure it's 2. :lol

Both those parts, and it might have been 2 but they moved and popped up so fast it seemed like more lol.

EDIT: And I was on normal difficulty I believe.

The HDD struggle is real when you go through your backlog and play the game that takes up the most space so you can delete when done.
I've been trying this with Crysis 2 (fps are really not my cup of tea)* though for a number of other unplayed games I've just unistalled them instead as my internet is fast enough that I'm not concerned about redownload time.

*-However, in terms hour:gb Portal is probably my number 1 as I'm about 80% through that (yeah I'm one of the shameful amount who have not completed it).

You asked for it.

imageabs5c.png

When The Despair Kills Everyone Just Right

Who made this

Did you make this

KingKong

Nah. I'm not sure Lara was ever cool. Besides that, there are worse AAA game stories for sure (cough)Uncharted2(cough).

I havent played Uncharted 2 but from what I've seen, characters are at least charming. Everyone in RoTR is so damn lame. And at least I thought she was cool when she was a posh British femme fatale

I've been trying this with Crysis 2 (fps are really not my cup of tea)* though for a number of other unplayed games I've just unistalled them instead as my internet is fast enough that I'm not concerned about redownload time.

*-However, in terms hour:gb Portal is probably my number 1 as I'm about 80% through that (yeah I'm one of the shameful amount who have not completed it).

I'm one of those savages that's had The Evil Within's 50gb ass installed since day 1 and haven't played it yet, I might just go ahead and delete it as I don't think I want to play another horror game right after SOMA, and Alien: Isolation.

Any Europeans want me to serve as an intermediary to buy them 49$ Star Citizen game package before the MMO and single player game split in 4h?

This is a discount package for backers only by the way, normal prices are 54$ right now, once the game split it will be +60$ .

Anteater

I'm talking about the gameplay part towards the ending when
you have to dock the Torrens while the station is falling apart and about 4-5 aliens are hunting you.
, but I liked the actual cinematic ending, it was vague but I thought it was pretty well done.

yeah i remembered none of those

chixdiggit

Is there a site that compares your Steam Library to the available bundles currently going on? With 3,000+ games it's hard to keep track of what you have sometimes.

Uzzy

Nah. I'm not sure Lara was ever cool. Besides that, there are worse AAA game stories for sure (cough)Uncharted2(cough).

Lara was exceptionally cool back in the day. She appeared everywhere in British culture around the turn of the millennium, in adverts, magazines, newspapers, music videos, the works. She really tapped into that Britpop/Cool Britannia vibe.

There's even a road named after her down in Derby.

Knurek

Lara was exceptionally cool back in the day. She appeared everywhere in British culture around the turn of the millennium, in adverts, magazines, newspapers, music videos, the works. She really tapped into that Britpop/Cool Britannia vibe.

Really funny considering she isn't even the best game Core Design did.
I mean, obviously Jaguar XJ220 is better

Oh wow, I didn't know Star Citizen was doing the splitting thing. And H1Z1 is doing it as well. It's all the rage these days.

Yep, it will be effective on 14 February, so in few hours now. If you want to buy from the website directly the full price is $45 for the USA and $54 in Europe for both games, take the Aurora LN (it's the better ship) and use a referral code to get $5 in game money ( This one is mine STAR-PQL2-FLQM)

If you want to use me as an intermediate (me being a backer with a discounted option) to get it, I'll gladly help (no benefit for me, just the pleasure to help out)

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Jagged Alliance 1 Gold Edition -- MB-81E5AD0899011D22 - Taken by dave is ok
Malebolgia -- MB-459CDF6645EE90BE - Taken by Purkake4

Salsa

I love Street Fighter IV and y'all suck

(just read the replies to yesterday)

V = not sure about new additions

dead or alive street fighter booby time sucks

and the roster is meh

we'll see tho

Isn't it $22 at release?

I don't know. List price is $29.99. If they're giving a 25% launch week discount, I have no knowledge of it. But at least it's something, y'know, unlike all those Trails SC discounts. :)

and the roster is meh

Such articulation! What a great "word", it definitely adds to the overall discussion going on!

Hmmm, maybe it's different for Brits.

When Tomb Raider came out over here, there was a fuss because of her endowments, but that seemed to be about it. I remember my college roommate playing some Tomb Raider 2, but it didn't ever look fun to me, so I never really paid much attention to the character. And then they made the movies with Angelina Jolie, which didn't really catch my attention either. I mean, the character is iconic, but nothing like the Marios or Sonics or anything. The people I knew who were into gaming never really seemed to think she was cool and the people who weren't into gaming just classified it with the rest of the "nerdy video game stuff".

I havent played Uncharted 2 but from what I've seen, characters are at least charming. Everyone in RoTR is so damn lame. And at least I thought she was cool when she was a posh British femme fatale

Eh, I don't know about that. Charming is definitely up something that depends on personal tastes. Even Drake/Sully can be annoying to some people and they're usually the main "draw" in terms of characters for an Uncharted game.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
LXMwxGK.png

xcom2 mod support was a mistake

What the hell are you using for mods haha.

Though the mod support is great, now this early in it's lifetime it seems like cosmetic mods are the most popular but I wouldn't be surprised if XCOM 2 modding communities and collaborations has already started working on bigger stuff.

Pachimari

Any Europeans want me to serve as an intermediary to buy them 49$ Star Citizen game package before the MMO and single player game split in 4h?

This is a discount package for backers only by the way, normal prices are 54$ right now, once the game split it will be +60$ .

Yep, it will be effective on 14 February, so in few hours now. If you want to buy from the website directly the full price is $45 for the USA and $54 in Europe for both games, take the Aurora LN (it's the better ship) and use a referral code to get $5 in game money ( This one is mine STAR-PQL2-FLQM)

If you want to use me as an intermediate (me being a backer with a discounted option) to get it, I'll gladly help (no benefit for me, just the pleasure to help out)
Argh, I'm tempted by this generous offer. I have been waiting long enough. If one buys it for $45 I'll get both parts when it splits on the 14th? Which ship do I get?

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Freedom Planet -- MB-976A8CBBD5B1E001 - Taken by mp1990
Gods vs Humans -- MB-9E7218A71A7B61C5 - Taken by Loptous

Jawmuncher

Beaten by Kriken. Ha.

I'm not sure why anyone thought it really was coming to Steam.
Any MS first party game or game published by MS, at the very list, is likely to use the XBL/Win10 marketplace. Anything Halo, Gears, Killer Instinct, Scalebound, etc. All will be Win10 store for PC and not coming to Steam.

RIP Spartan ops

zkylon

zkylewd
What the hell are you using for mods haha.

Though the mod support is great, now this early in it's lifetime it seems like cosmetic mods are the most popular but I wouldn't be surprised if XCOM 2 modding communities and collaborations has already started working on bigger stuff.

i've been dabbling into modding stuff in but i really really REALLY hate the unreal editor and the official documentation is really poor

there's literally sections in the pdf that go "we'll touch on this later" and then it ends

yuraya

So Microsoft doesn't care about maximizing profits and they piss off a lot of Xbox owners.

Why even do this? What a bunch of clowns smh.

Aerocrane

So Microsoft doesn't care about maximizing profits and they piss off a lot of Xbox owners.

Why even do this? What a bunch of clowns smh.

They've been successful at getting people to upgrade to Windows 10, of course they want to leverage the situation to bring more people to their service.

20 dollar codes from the Xbox one versions here we come

I hope you're right, cause I'd love to get a copy for $20, but I fear you're wrong.

Unless MS has it's head completely up it's ass (which is entirely possible), so to speak, there's no way in hell they will give out separate codes for the Windows Store to Xbox One copies without putting something in place to limit the resale of them.

The way the blurb about cross-buy was worded was basically that "if you buy a digital copy for X1 from anywhere, that will also give you a copy for PC." MS isn't likely to pull a Valve with the PS3 version of Portal 2 here, not with one of their major releases in 2016.

RIP Spartan ops

I should clarify that I meant any major AAA X1-type release.

The two twin stick style Halo shooters that exist on Steam seem the most likely to be the extent of that dream for people.
Anything that's on the X1 and coming to PC, MS seems to have a roadmap that includes following the SFV/Rocket League PS4 cross-play strategy, but going beyond that and using cross-buy to make it more attractive to people to purchase digitally. Which makes sense, since any game using cross-play would likely require you to have an MS/XBL account and to play on XBL. And I don't think MS is going to go the Ubisoft method of launching the XBL app (or whatever is needed to make their cross-play work) through Steam integration... y'know, unless Ozium has seen the future and his triangle of power is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom