• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Well there's only so many times you can keep pushing a door that says pull before you realise you're doing it wrong, right?

No but very carefully worded and Greenberg didn't mention Steam, didn't say no and only talked about their product. Sound familiar? PR 101.

Ah you're right about that.
Well it won't be the first time he has just also lied completly, no finesse about it at all lol

gave in to the SF5 hype

Welcome, sadly my HORI commander won't come until like 2 weeks after SFV release.
Will have to use my xbox 360 pad until then :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Taimumari -- MB-78E649F3B8AE9CDD - Taken by SSPssp
Commando Jack -- MB-A880BA87705107F1 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Warlocks vs Shadows -- MB-BEAC508E8E3FEA4D - Taken by Henry Swanson
Elliot Quest -- MB-1AED070C78C4845F - Taken by freshVeggie
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-05C8E37153C3222E - Taken by kurahador

Thanks Anon. Hear a lot of good stuff about Elliot Quest.
---
Dying Light The Following Enhanced Edition PS4/PC/Xbox One Tech Analysis

- vegetation reduced on all platforms, even PC
- PS4: frame-times spikes with +30fps, bug/locking to 30fps not fixed since original version
- X1: screen tearing + very low frame-rates when using instant-on, need to disable instant-on & clean restart console each play session for better performance
- PC: runs much better than original game, much better experience than either console, doesn't recommend either console

Demo was great fun. Gonna get this once cheap.

Will PS3 sticks work on SFV on PC?
As it stands if you have a ps3 stick that can be detected by Windows (it can see movement and button presses.) then yes but, only if you use Joy2Key, since inputmapper and DS3/4 tool only work for dualshocks. Capcom said DInput would be in at launch but, the last beta still did not have it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Possibly, but the beta didn't have them work without workarounds.

Not by default on launch. You'll need to use some other software I think.

They've said they are going to patch in full functionality later on.

I guess I'll use pad and wait to see if they patch in support for that.

As it stands if you have a ps3 stick that can be detected by Windows (it can see movement and button presses.) then yes but, only if you use Joy2Key, since inputmapper and DS3/4 tool only work for dualshocks. Capcom said DInput would be in at launch but, the last beta still did not have it.

I have the WWE Brawlstick so it should work later on. Oh well

Dr Dogg

I'm sure we'll all give in and pick up Quatum Break in the Windows 10 Humble Bundle with all the other Xbone cast offs that Microsoft argonantly thought would sell themselves. Worked for EA right?

Anyways been thinking about the lack of story content out the box for Street Fighter V and it just dawned on me despite playing every SF game bar the EX spins offs I don't have a fucking clue what the overarching story for the series is anymore. Christ half of it gets retconed and III is still the far flung in the future entry (also my favourite so far so like the anti-DMC 2). But there was an article on Event Hubs I think from a GameSpot interview with Ono that they might bring more story content over if the June stuff is well received and the community wants more.

I'm sure we'll all give in and pick up Quatum Break in the Windows 10 Humble Bundle with all the other Xbone cast offs that Microsoft argonantly thought would sell themselves. Worked for EA right?

Anyways been thinking about the lack of story content out the box for Street Fighter V and it just dawned on me despite playing every SF game bar the EX spins offs I don't have a fucking clue what the overarching story for the series is anymore. Christ half of it gets retconed and III is still the far flung in the future entry (also my favourite so far so like the anti-DMC 2). But there was an article on Event Hubs I think from a GameSpot interview with Ono that they might bring more story content over if the June stuff is well received and the community wants more.
There is still a story with Street Fighter just that with 4 Capcom was surprised back on top with SF and started caving into fanservice of old characters to maintain that momentum. This time around it seems to be more structured in terms of how they are doing it.

Uzzy

Yeah, it's a bit of a mess. But there's enough of a story there that if Capcom did pull it together and made some sense out of it, it'd be pretty interesting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not going to preload this time and just download it when its out, to see if its faster to just download it like I think it will be

Jawmuncher

not going to preload this time and just download it when its out, to see if its faster to just download it like I think it will be

I know my internet now preloading is faster for me. Where I was previously just downloading was quicker outside of games 20gb+

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meh my ps3 stick doesnt work on my computer. I hadnt actually tested it yet since buying the new rig (not that new anymore), always heard stories of them not working with certain mobos

LordAmused

I think the Windows Store charges taxes here in Canada. Safe to say I will try to avoid that, as taxes in Quebec are damn too high.

zkylon

zkylewd
some of these lategame xcom mission chains feel just impossible to do

hard to prevent ppl getting hurt in this game and they heal so damn slow :T

emptyroom

Neo Member
Did I miss this Star Citizen thing people were talking about? Does this 45$ package not come with everything now?

Edit : figured it out. Bought the mustang pack.

100% of 100.000 sales is a whole lot less than 70% (+ eventual trading cards and such if so inclined) of half a million sales.

But 100% of those buyers are using their W10 store, that's the important part. Nobody would even consider buying QB on the W10 store if it was available on Steam. Put enough interesting games exclusively on the service and people will eventually start buying them.

Did I miss this Star Citizen thing people were talking about? Does this 45$ package not come with everything now?

Edit : figured it out. Bought the mustang pack.

It's going up to $60, the $45 package going forward will get you either the single player campaign or the multiplayer, and you can buy whichever you didn't buy for an extra $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom