• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you assume that the only consideration is how much they make on Quantum Break sales.
89pw3Gm.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OG TES? That is the one that wouldn't work for me forever.

Yup OG. Worked on my old rig but not anymore. Friend has one too and also doesnt work. I think theres workarounds with some hardware but meh

Tenrius

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada sounds so dope. The consistent fleet feature, the art and this:

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada also features a big story campaign, taking place during the 12th Black Crusade and putting players in the middle of the Gothic War that raged between the Imperium and Abaddon the Despoiler. Players will be at the centre of every fight, commanding fleets of gigantic ships as the Chaos unleash a sequential chain of surprise attacks on Imperium worlds – the start of 20 years of warring in the sector.

As a huge Homeworld fan and someone who really enjoyed the Relic W40K games (DoW + Space Marine), this is fantastic.

Uzzy

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada sounds so dope. The consistent fleet feature, the art and this:

As a huge Homeworld fan and someone who really enjoyed the Relic W40K games (DoW + Space Marine), this is fantastic.

As someone who has an Imperial battlefleet for the tabletop game, I too am quite excited. Funnily enough, one of my friends made up an Ork fleet by getting some rocks and gluing gun turrets onto them, then painting them.

I want to play an old-school base building RTS campaign. Should i get Grey Goo?

It's the best one we've had for many a year, but the campaign itself is rather short.

Nzyme32

Listened, he said it was a win10 store exclusive, all he said about it before moving to the next thing.

To be more specific, what he was asked could have easily been answered with a one word yes / no. Instead we got the more dubious elaborate answer:

"So, the Windows 10 version, is a Windows Store exclusive"

I call this dubious, because there should be no reason to even clarify whether it is Windows 10 or otherwise when the question was "Is the game coming to Steam", which suggests there might be a Win 7 version on the way eventually. Also we all know the hoop jumping of MS and the term "exclusive(ly)".

Jawmuncher

I fixed a SF4 Arcade TE stick I bought ages ago for 20 bucks. The stick would spike and be stuck in a continuous loop. Recently the joystick just stopped work altogether. Popped it open and stupidly striped the joystick connector since one cord was loose. Later thanks to the Aracde Stick thread realized it was just the PCB connection to the Guide & Turbo buttons. So I could have saved myself a whole lot of work if I had just disconnected that from the beginning.
Regardless I then had to use a diagram again thanks to the Arcade Stick thread to decide which cord went to which movemen. I then spent like an hour fixing that. Was funny though kind of annoying seeing a forward register as a jump and all kinds of craziness.

Finally now though it's all working. Can't use turbo or see the Xbox one guide button but that's a small price to pay. It's weird how finely I have to input the moves on a stick over a joystick. I barely need to rest on the joystick. Rather just flick it around for moves.

Parsnip

To be more specific, what he was asked could have easily been answered with a one word yes / no. Instead we got the more dubious elaborate answer:

"So, the Windows 10 version, is a Windows Store exclusive"

I call this dubious, because there should be no reason to even clarify whether it is Windows 10 or otherwise when the question was "Is the game coming to Steam", which suggests there might be a Win 7 version on the way eventually. Also we all know the hoop jumping of MS and the term "exclusive(ly)".

Win7/8 version running Vulkan confirmed.

Yep. Bringing all the juniors out of the woodwork.
A good playground for the new redshirts I hope.
I poked my head in there briefly and felt like I would get a migraine if I stayed longer than 5 minutes.

Happy that the groupees bundle had Tempest in it as well, best Groupees in a long while.

Before it dropped my snowflake coin was worth $4.85 or so, got up this morning and it was already worth $1 more, a lot of people must have spent it on the new bundle.

r3n4ud

A good playground for the new redshirts I hope.
I poked my head in there briefly and felt like I would get a migraine if I stayed longer than 5 minutes.

Man, some of those posters. If you put their brain in a bird, the bird will fly backwards.

Uzzy

How long are we talking? If it's ~ 20 hours I wouldn't expect to play it for longer than that anyway.

Less than that. I've not finished the entire campaign, but I finished the Beta faction's portion of it in under 5 hours, and the other two races have similar lengths to their campaigns.

PS4 pad it is then I guess. Might look into those new fightpads tho. Is there even a pc one?

Well you can easily use any PS4 or PS3 pad with Joy2Key if needed. All Dualshocks will work with Inputmapper.

The newest fighting commander has a built in Xinput mode.

TheTrain

How long are we talking? If it's ~ 20 hours I wouldn't expect to play it for longer than that anyway.
I've completed GG in ~17 hours on hard [No DLC], be careful the game itself is REALLY hard. Even at normal there will be some wall here and there through the campaign

Kriken

I have no idea what's going on, but Rainbow Six is playing like shit for me right now, it says I have a decent connection, but playing at 20fps is unplayable for me *Sigh*

Disregarding that, seemed to be a problem with my system in general as ROTTR ran at 20 fps too

Mh, read what Win10 apps have as restrictions. As someone who loves to tinker and mod, that is pretty alien for PC gaming and would tamper my enjoyment with games there a quite bit. Mh, what's the benefit for MS in making apps on their appstore be like that. It goes a lot against what I take for granted on PC.
Quantum Break gonna become very cheap if I'm gonna go for that place. Seeing GFWL, longevity of service also becomes questionable. Why make it more complicated than needed MS? Sheesh, it'd be much more adventageous if they'd make a "more common" Xbox Client excusively for Win10 than this. I really doubt bringing even big exclusives like QB, heck even Halo will garner them gamers favors (and purchases). One step forwards, two steps backwards. Man, MS makes their own (and my) lives harder than needed.

Oh well, try to be positive. At least I'll be able to play the game. It could get significantly quicker cheap as well. And probably most of all, I don't believe Greenberg's word alone. Time will tell. People were also expecting RotTR to be Winstore-only but alas.

Parsnip

Ha, that would be the day. Speaking of which I wonder what has happened with Vulkan. The spec was meant to be out "soon". All that's known so far is that "soon" Talos Principle will have support for it

Yeah, latest word is early 2016 for proper release I think. I haven't heard about other games, I wonder if Talos is going to be first.
There's going to be Vulkan talks at GDC this March too and Nvidia has been posting a bunch of Vulkan related stuff on the gameworks blog.

I'm very curious to see how it all plays out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well you can easily use any PS4 or PS3 pad with Joy2Key if needed. All Dualshocks will work with Inputmapper.

The newest fighting commander has a built in Xinput mode.

If I buy something it would be something with 6 buttons on the face, othetwise ill just use my PS4 pad

People were also expecting RotTR to be Winstore-only but alas.

This never made any sense. Why would Square-Enix limit themselves there when all MS paid for was console exclusivity through the holiday season of 2015?

Quantum Break is pretty much funded entirely by MS and published by them as well. So it's not quite the same situation.

I'd bet that most of the people posting crap in the Quantum Break Win 10 store thread don't usually play games on PC.
There's a guy trying to use Gigantic as the "proof" that Universal Windows Apps don't have any restrictions and that they behave the same way as normal apps.
Then there's a ton of people trying to discredit Durante because "he's on a campaign of terror" or something like that.

tuxfool

Banned
Ha, that would be the day. Speaking of which I wonder what has happened with Vulkan. The spec was meant to be out "soon". All that's known so far is that "soon" Talos Principle will have support for it

Got delayed. It was meant to be out end of last year, I guess we'll find out more at GDC.

Yeah, latest word is early 2016 for proper release I think. I haven't heard about other games, I wonder if Talos is going to be first.

I'd bet on DOTA2 being the first large Vulkan game.

Maniac

Banned
Less than that. I've not finished the entire campaign, but I finished the Beta faction's portion of it in under 5 hours, and the other two races have similar lengths to their campaigns.

They added another campaign in a recent update. So it's likely 20-ish hours if not a tad more by now.

Flandy

Pls help me get rid of my Steam wallet. Will sell any steam game priced up to $40 for 10% off

I'd bet that most of the people posting crap in the Quantum Break Win 10 store thread don't usually play games on PC.
There's a guy trying to use Gigantic as the "proof" that Universal Windows Apps don't have any restrictions and that they behave the same way as normal apps.
Then there's a ton of people trying to discredit Durante because "he's on a campaign of terror" or something like that.
Reading that thread right now and that's what it seems like. Think I'll be passing on Qunatum Break unless there's some crazy deal on it.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally got around watching the grand budapest hotel

saoirse talks funny

Git gud
and have a wide stable of good soldiers.

yeah i basically have to skip a couple missions and let ppl get patched up

i've just been kind of screwed by bugs/randomization with things like having to retrieve an item in a room with like 6 robots in it and autosave being unkind and leaving me kind of screwed cos it stopped doing multiple autosaves outside of the turn-based mode. i skipped a couple missions just to check some stuff meaning to reload and play them later but apparently it autosaved after i skipped them so now i'm like three bleeps from being avatar'd

that stuff just kind of sucks

It's all moot in the end anyway.

What it comes down to is this: if you want to play QB (or any future MS exclusive) you can either buy an X1 and a sub to XBL or you can buy the PC version from whatever storefront MS decides to sell it on.

If neither of those appeal to a customer at the end of the day, there's the option of doing neither.

wbacon

Capcom USA

Ha, I didn't expect Antoine to put out a statement so soon.

We've lobbied hard internally for a PC release and it's all been worth it. Scouring NeoGAF and other community forums over the years, I knew the demand was there -- so making a business case was fairly easy after crunching some numbers and aligning dev resources.

We can also thank Ono, in addition to Kobayashi, who were big proponents to see this PC port come to fruition.

While it's a latent port and a PC-only release, we've poured in a lot of love and care into this game. DDDA is one of my favorite games of all time, so I am thrilled to see tons of PC players embrace it.

We've lobbied hard internally for a PC release and it's all been worth it. Scouring NeoGAF and other community forums over the years, I knew the demand was there -- so making a business case was fairly easy after crunching some numbers and aligning dev resources.

We can also thank Ono, in addition to Kobayashi, who were big proponents to see this PC port come to fruition.

While it's a latent port and a PC-only release, we've poured in a lot of love and care into this game. DDDA is one of my favorite games of all time, so I am thrilled to see tons of PC players embrace it.

Now we'll get those Dino Crisis ports up, right? ;)

Congrats on a great job!

Rhaknar

Amyone have a xbone controller? If so how's the dpad on it compared to the shitstain that was the 360 dpad?

Ive actually been needing a new pad for awhile, the one on mine has a bad left stick, so if the dpad is good ill just get one of those and use it for my fighters aswell

I bought three copies, can I please have my Asura's Wrath port now?

Amyone have a xbone controller? If so how's the dpad on it compared to the shitstain that was the 360 dpad?

Ive actually been needing a new pad for awhile, the one on mine has a bad left stick, so if the dpad is good ill just get one of those and use it for my fighters aswell

I bought three copies, can I please have my Asura's Wrath port now?

it works fine its not something you want to play a fighting game one but it works fine

Y'all did good, making it happen. It's a great game, a great port, and something that I had long been looking forward to playing.

Now it's time for DDDA2, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom