• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I verified the game files for TomBraider ROTTER and it ended up downloading a 2 GB file that was apparently missing. Guess it included all the triggers that were preventing me from continuing.

Huray

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ha, I didn't expect Antoine to put out a statement so soon.

We've lobbied hard internally for a PC release and it's all been worth it. Scouring NeoGAF and other community forums over the years, I knew the demand was there -- so making a business case was fairly easy after crunching some numbers and aligning dev resources.

We can also thank Ono, in addition to Kobayashi, who were big proponents to see this PC port come to fruition.

While it's a latent port and a PC-only release, we've poured in a lot of love and care into this game. DDDA is one of my favorite games of all time, so I am thrilled to see tons of PC players embrace it.

Power Stone Collection with Online. XOXO

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

We've lobbied hard internally for a PC release and it's all been worth it. Scouring NeoGAF and other community forums over the years, I knew the demand was there -- so making a business case was fairly easy after crunching some numbers and aligning dev resources.

We can also thank Ono, in addition to Kobayashi, who were big proponents to see this PC port come to fruition.

While it's a latent port and a PC-only release, we've poured in a lot of love and care into this game. DDDA is one of my favorite games of all time, so I am thrilled to see tons of PC players embrace it.

You guys would release the DE of DmC on PC! It was kinda weird seeing the QLOC logo on a console exclusive version of the game.

Smash88

Banned
Man, some of those posters. If you put their brain in a bird, the bird will fly backwards.

Yr6Z1Zr.gif

MUnited83

For you.

Congrats on the sucess! Thanks for making it happen finally!

You should lobby up fixing the Chaos Legion PC port and putting it on Steam :D

Sarcasm

I picked up a N3DS XL while I was in the states for a few weeks. I bought MH4U with it. Just got home and haven't touched gaming since I left. Dunno what to dooo! I was playing DD:DA before I left heh.

Tizoc

Thanks to the kid gaffer wo helped me get Sudeki :3

I just noticed that Greenbeg thread.
Should be worth a few chuckles to skim thru it

Tizoc

You know what?
Half Life 3 should be multiplat. Not just for Steam/PC.
I'm serious, because the amount of negative implications to PC/Steam gaming will be 0 and it means more people could experience an actual honest to gosh (possibly) well running and well thought out Action Shooter experience.

You know what?
I'm serious, because the amount of negative implications to PC/Steam gaming will be 0 and it means more people could experience an actual honest to gosh (possibly) well running and well thought out Action Shooter experience.

What makes you so confident Valve could develop a "well thought out action shooter experience"?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You know what?

It no doubt will be. Just don't expect the same level of post-release support (DLC aside), although maybe Valve will be better about that this generation seeing as certification fees are no more.

Really nice to see you guys believing in it, have a great pay-off. Thanks for all and we're excitedly waiting for future projects, old and new ;)

Smash88

Banned
It no doubt will be. Just don't expect the same level of post-release support (DLC aside), although maybe Valve will be better about that this generation seeing as certification fees are no more.

Yeah I can see them doing a console release, I mean it is a good chunk of money they would be missing out going purely exclusive to PC. I'm sure XCOM 2 will make its way to console sooner or later as well, unless they hate money.

Backlogger

Finished RotTR today. Really enjoyed it for what it was. Going to 100% all the areas just because. Probably won't bother with the expedition and other game mode stuff though.

On the QB meltdowns. I really am not interested in buying games on the Windows 10 store. I would rather it just be an Xbox exclusive at that point. If they are gonna put the game on PC give us a choice on where we buy it (Uplay, Steam, Origin, W10, GOG, whatever). Its cool that it is cross buy however. I would never buy a game on the W10 store but might if I could play it on my Xbox One also.

Dsyndrome

I'm tempted to get a Steam Controller now for the sole sake of playing isometric games on my TV without leaning over to type on my laptop Anyone have any experience with PoE, Baldur's Gate, or Divinity with the Steam Controller?

Also, Tomb Raider's damn pretty, find myself wanting the screen-capture more than most other games.

MUnited83

For you.
Finished RotTR today. Really enjoyed it for what it was. Going to 100% all the areas just because. Probably won't bother with the expedition and other game mode stuff though.

On the QB meltdowns. I really am not interested in buying games on the Windows 10 store. I would rather it just be an Xbox exclusive at that point. If they are gonna put the game on PC give us a choice on where we buy it (Uplay, Steam, Origin, W10, GOG, whatever). Its cool that it is cross buy however. I would never buy a game on the W10 store but might if I could play it on my Xbox One also.

It's not actually cross buy. That's just a promo, only for preorders and only digital versions.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Really nice to see you guys believing in it, have a great pay-off. Thanks for all and we're excitedly waiting for future projects, old and new ;)

Yep, we'll have both kinds. ;)

Internal dev teams in Japan are obviously busy with mainline titles which take time, resources, and manpower. The last item is always the biggest bottleneck in new games development as there's only a finite number of developers/designers available. That's the 'opportunity cost' we work with, so we ensure top internal dev resources are assigned to the most impactful titles (big new IP and/or sequels) while our external dev partners help fill the gap. These include HD ports and remasters and the occasional new IP.

TL;DR...we'll have more of your favorite Capcom HD ports heading your way. Naturally I won't be able to answer which ones so don't ask :)

Internal dev teams in Japan are obviously busy with mainline titles which take time, resources, and manpower. The last item is always the biggest bottleneck in new games development as there's only a finite number of developers/designers available. That's the 'opportunity cost' we work with, so we ensure top internal dev resources are assigned to the most impactful titles (big new IP and/or sequels) while our external dev partners help fill the gap. These include HD ports and remasters and the occasional new IP.

TL;DR...we'll have more of your favorite Capcom HD ports heading your way. Naturally I won't be able to answer which ones so don't ask :)
Alright so you can't confirm anything for sure but I would love:
Okami HD
God Hand HD
Resident Evil CVX HD
Resident Evil 2 and 3 original PC versions on Steam/GOG
Any of the versus games (Tatsunoko!)

I know some are more possible than others but that's just my wishlist :)

Uraizen

Banned

Now you can just sit back and watch those numbers rise rapidly each steam sale.

Alright so you can't confirm anything for sure but I would love:
Okami HD
God Hand HD
Resident Evil CVX HD
Resident Evil 2 and 3 original PC versions on Steam/GOG
Any of the versus games (Tatsunoko!)

I know some are more possible than others but that's just my wishlist :)

Strider, Strider 2
DMC HD collection
Darkstalkers Resurrection
3rd Strike Online Edition
MvC Origins, MvC2, UMvC3
Ghosts N Goblins, Ghouls N Ghosts, Ultimate Ghouls N Ghosts
God Hand
RE CV HD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Since you're here: Will those who own the original version of the Dragon's Dogma art book be given the revised version that was included in the Lunar Sale bundle?

Nyoro SF

Glad to see that it's a success and that everything's working out.
I'll be sure to give kudos to Ono the next time I see him.

iosefe

Give me a little hope. How low are odds that Monster Hunter would branch out from the 3DS to hit steam?

You have such a huge wealth of old titles. I don't envy having your team prioritizing, haha.
Man, your wiki page is humongous! There are classics and fan-favorites from basically every major generation and platform.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
People make pointless threads all the time and nobody made what is apparently confirmation of more Capcom ports coming to PC? :eek:

Soulflarz

Banned
guys
can we all learn code and port stuff for capcom?

I figure if we read a book on how to code, we'll know how to code, so it should only take a few weeks for us all to be ready, right?

Give me a little hope. How low are odds that Monster Hunter would branch out from the 3DS to hit steam?

Minimal. Personal feelings about the franchise aside, it's mainly popular in Japan and hasn't really taken off in the states. Conversely, Japan doesn't really embrace PC gaming at this time.

Hopefully I'm right, because there are much better (imo, of course) that I'd actually buy (again) if they were released on PC. :p

I would like steam ports of Puzzle Fighter HD, Okami, Project Justice, Mahvel, DMC HD Collection, Mega Man X1-6 and Ace Attorney please Capcom :3

and an arcade perfect Super Turbo, not the crappy 'HD Sirlinmix' though ew :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom