• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still haven't played Alan Wake

oZQXr.gif

If you have it in your library, play it.

Does the Pressure client skin somehow hide available family sharing libraries? I've been authorized up and down on both ends and still I can't see my brother's games.

Deleted Metro 2033. Watched videos of Metro 2033 Redux and looks it solved my issues, screen tearing and UI. It also has some other nice stuff.
Gonna hold until the Redux. Thankfully Metro Last Light lacks nothing noteworthy from its own Redux version, so I'm set with my vanilla Last Light in my backlog.

Knurek

That greenberg thread is already at 43 pages.

"Microsoft paid for and developed the product, they can sell it any dam way that want so yes it is shut the fuck up and take what you are given"

Probably my favorite thing I read this year.

It was the coldest night of the year yesterday in Toronto. -26 Celsius. Still saw morons running around in little clothing (a pair of women running in stockings, a guy jogging while only wearing a dress suit, someone running in a sweater). The All-Star Game also made the streets crazy, but my friends and I took transit.

Haunted

That W10 store thread continues to deliver.

"I'm not sure why anybody would actually want to choose the folder location manually"

like holy shit

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Quantum Break won't be available on Steam

Xbox games coming to PC is good news for anyone who doesn't want to cough up cash for a console, but what's the catch? It turns out there is a catch in the case of Quantum Break, but it's arguably not a massive one. According to Xbox marketing guy Aaron Greenberg speaking on a recent Major Nelson podcast, Quantum Break won't be available on Steam.

"Quantum Break on Windows 10 is a Windows Store exclusive," Greenberg said unambiguously. He also mentioned that Xbox achievements will carry between Windows 10 and Xbox One, as the game will share save files across the platforms.

It makes sense that Microsoft wouldn't want to sell a first-party game through a competing storefront, though the move is interesting in light of comments made by Xbox senior director for PC gaming Kevin Unangst last year. "We are not intending to compete with Steam," Unangst told Ian. "If anything, we want Steam to be even more successful—they've done great things for PC gamers in terms of having a single store."

He continued: "Over time do we want more developers to come over to our store and offer it in addition to Steam? Absolutely. Is competition good for people? Absolutely. But our goal right now isn't to do anything else other than support Steam and help it run great on Windows 10."

Quantum Break will release April 15 – the same day at its Xbox One counterpart. Meanwhile, we're still waiting for the Gears of War remaster.

It seems to be the ADOBE ads on GAF that pull my browser window from wherever they are to the top or bottom of the page. I'm leaving the ads on to help, but come on. This sucks.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
The QB is not coming to Steam thread is giving me a headache.

mp1990

Banned
Damnit, the fourth area in Downwell is breaking me inside. Incredible game though, it's a joy to play. The level design is completely different from what I've seen in other platformers, especially considering the reflex-based mechanics, but does it in a magnificent way. And what makes it even cooler is that it's a japanese indie game, a rarity nowadays. Would certainly be one of my GOTYs if i had played it last year.

You gotta admit, it's pretty crazy that we have a Quantum Break release date yet the gears remake is still coming some day who knows.

They must be scrambling to figure out how to handle the bad pr of free online play for pc gamers while console owners get shafted.

Jawmuncher

You gotta admit, it's pretty crazy that we have a Quantum Break release date yet the gears remake is still coming some day who knows.

They must be scrambling to figure out how to handle the bad pr of free online play for pc gamers while console owners get shafted.

I have a feeling they'll do a big Windows Launch Day. KI Season 3 and Gears REmake all the same day.

If I know anything about consoles players, it's that they will still keep buying Xbox stuff regardless, so I don't think it really matters.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no seperate code for the chun li pre order costume from GMG? I guess Steam just treats any key activated before the 16th as a pre order then?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does anyone know what you need to buy to get a OG ps3 TE stick working on a PC that its incompatible with?

It worked on my old rig but not on my new one. I believe its a usb pci hub or something?

I need to know what to look for when I ask in a computer store or check online. I see alot of old forum posts about it but it never says exactly what the piece you need is.

Jawmuncher

Does anyone know what you need to buy to get a OG ps3 TE stick working on a PC that its incompatible with?

It worked on my old rig but not on my new one. I believe its a usb pci hub or something?

I need to know what to look for when I ask in a computer store or check online. I see alot of old forum posts about it but it never says exactly what the piece you need is.

Joy2key or something similar was said to work with getting Dinout working with SFV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom