• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Yep, we'll have both kinds. ;)

Internal dev teams in Japan are obviously busy with mainline titles which take time, resources, and manpower. The last item is always the biggest bottleneck in new games development as there's only a finite number of developers/designers available. That's the 'opportunity cost' we work with, so we ensure top internal dev resources are assigned to the most impactful titles (big new IP and/or sequels) while our external dev partners help fill the gap. These include HD ports and remasters and the occasional new IP.

TL;DR...we'll have more of your favorite Capcom HD ports heading your way. Naturally I won't be able to answer which ones so don't ask :)

Glad to hear DD:DA doing well! It looks like a lot of fun, and it's definitely by the very top of my wishlist. And I definitely look forward to more old and / or previously console-exclusive games making their way to PC; there's a lot of gold nuggets hidden away in the depths of Capcom. Easy dosh and all that! And seeing how I'm totally not cynical (okay I am incredibly cynical) I assume you guys are competent, and that the good games will be prioritised over some of the... Less than stellar ones.

Also, if you lot want the daily harassment from Jawmuncher to stop, Dino Crisis better be one of the games getting some loving treatment.

Although I'm not sure if there are any I care more about than Dead Rising 1. Best of luck with you folks' future endeavours!

z7tzv.jpg

Don't know about past nominees, but some of last year's actually have competent writing, don't you want something more deserving to win?

I haven't played the others so I have no idea if I would consider the writing more or less competent than RotTR. Judging by past entries in in both the AC and The Witcher franchises, I've never thought they were anything outstanding, but AC:S and TW3 might have put forth better efforts than their predecessors, I can't say.

So again, without knowledge of the other games nominated I can't judge fairly and this I'd get more amusement out of watching GAF meltdown over something posters commonly consider bad winning the award.

As long as I don't have to wait until 1pm EST the day of like I did for Resident Evil Zero.
That was lame. Even PS3 and 360 were playing at 12am EST

The wonders of steam preorders. Get ready to wait.

Adnor

Banned
how did it win over witcher 3? I'd ask if this award thing was for american made only games but then again TR was made somewhere in euro wasn't it? i doubt the writing in that game is any good if the 2012 one is anything to go by. What were the nominations, fallout 4 was one of them, wasn't it?

It's an award by the Writers Guild of America, so I guess the only participants were members of the WGA.

You want to protect Lara but not Ciri apparently.
again if TR 2012 is anything to go by its the random grunts that need protecting, not lara. she has really brutal kill moves, didn't the game have stealth moves where you jam an arrow into people's eye socket or am i thinking of another game? it feels like there are a lot of games that have nearly a 1:1 stealth kill animation.
It's an award by the Writers Guild of America, so I guess the only participants were members of the WGA.
oh. well at least fallout 4 didn't win, nominated or not.

again if TR 2012 is anything to go by its the random grunts that need protecting, not lara. she has really brutal kill moves, didn't the game have stealth moves where you jam an arrow into people's eye socket or am i thinking of another game? it feels like there are a lot of games that have nearly a 1:1 stealth kill animation.

oh. well at least fallout 4 didn't win, nominated or not.

Fallout 4 got robbed.

Karak

Hey saw the video and if I get what you are saying, the game is more about eerie creepy atmosphere rather than jumpscares. It looks extremely interesting but as someone that has given up on dead space because I get too scared to enjoy it, I'm hesitant. Could use your input. (I can of course refund if I get too scared to enjoy the game)
Plus is the game about 1½ Hours long (as howlongtobeat reports) ?
--
Like your videos btw, good job.

Pretty much exactly. Its more about the title of the game really. Then jump scares or anything. Its about a slow vibe.

It took me 3 times that to get through. There are little things to read and find, a couple puzzles and so forth. You CAN get through it quicker but...man I am not even figuring out how someone got through it in 1/12 unless they played it early access then returned to it.

I haven't played the others so I have no idea if I would consider the writing more or less competent than RotTR. Judging by past entries in in both the AC and The Witcher franchises, I've never thought they were anything outstanding, but AC:S and TW3 might have put forth better efforts than their predecessors, I can't say.

So again, without knowledge of the other games nominated I can't judge fairly and this I'd get more amusement out of watching GAF meltdown over something posters commonly consider bad winning the award.
You should try Pillars of Eternity.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm gonna need to hear your opinion on the writing in Borderlands 2 before I take anyone's opinion on who won a writing award seriously.

I played this for a half an hour, this is really terrible. Don't get this.... ever....

Ignore this person, it's the bestest game ever!

I actually have no idea how I already had a copy of this and now a 2nd from groupees.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

CortexGear: AngryDroids -- MB-204237033B4ECA28 - Taken by Purkake4

neonglow

Happy Valentine's Day with some PixelJunk giveways!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-0FBF262F1A6D1399 - Taken by Costa1774. 5 entrants total.
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-4043413F6911EEC2 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.

t1455520474z1.png

I'm gonna need to hear your opinion on the writing in Borderlands 2 before I take anyone's opinion on who won a writing award seriously.

One day I will expose on the supplemental narratives that makes Borderlands that much more awesome. One day. Just not this one.

Krieg is most likely Tiny Tina's father.

morningbus

One day I will expose on the supplemental narratives that makes Borderlands that much more awesome. One day. Just not this one.

Krieg is most likely Tiny Tina's father.

Unless that supplemental narrative is the author's intent to make me commit war crimes, I'm unfortunately not going to be receptive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lol

Just the effort required to write a hate message after a loss (or a win) is something I will always find hilarious

morningbus

In a universe where only Borderlands 2 exists, it's the best writing that ever existed.

You can't argue with this.

Sounds like that's the universe where Borderlands succeeded in destroying all other media.

I doubt the inhabitants would praise it too much, either.

Tizoc

For reals though why y'all hype for quantum break? After rise of toom braider i aint in the mood for cover shooters.
Then again i am playing uc4 as a matter of principle whenever my brother buys it

MUnited83

For you.
For reals though why y'all hype for quantum break? After rise of toom braider i aint in the mood for cover shooters.
Then again i am playing uc4 as a matter of principle whenever my brother buys it

Maybe when it actually releases on PC. Might take a while.

Jawmuncher

I'm not even that interested in Uncharted 4. I just play the big AAA releases since for the most part my main tastes lie there.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I think Handsome Jack is a pretty effective villain. A compelling blend of charismatic and loathsome. What does that count for?

Jawmuncher

I think Handsome Jack is a pretty effective villain. A compelling blend of charismatic and loathsome. What does that count for?

Tales from the Borderlands shows that universe wise borderlands has a good set up. Though I wil say that playing Borderlands 2 ATM with friends on PS4, that you have to be invested to get story out of it. We've played a bit and I couldn't tell you what is going on. The story delivery is really bad in that game unless you're on it. Too much of it is through radio chatter whil you're in the middle of a fight petering to do other things.

-MD-

Even though I'm not really high on Quantum Break I'm interested in it because of Remedy, I know they can make good games. I fully expected Rise to be the mediocre game it is after playing the reboot.

I'd play Uncharted above any of them though as of right now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of neonglow, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-0FBF262F1A6D1399 - Taken by Costa1774. 5 entrants total.
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-4043413F6911EEC2 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.

t1455520474z1.png

kagamin

I never get any hate messages after playing fighting games online :(

Probably because I am free.

I've only gotten one hate message ever, I did get an invite to a group called "I'm sorry :^(" after I lost an invasion in Dark Souls 2 by getting pushed off a ledge though, that was pretty amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom