• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

I was wondering, do you still need to restart steam for a preloaded game to install? Street Fighter V launches at like 3 AM for me and was wondering if I'd wake up with it installed and updated or not.

Eila

Should I have bought Duke Nukem Forever when it was 80% off? Hope it doesn't go down on me now. I own all the others that were taken down.

Jawmuncher

Hahaha right do you have any stats to back this up? I did try to look at achievement data but nothing can be drawn from that conclusively. I mean I could make a statement what I think people are going to do but that would be a load of bollocks dreamt up in my own head or what I would do. So really the only thing I can do in a slightly scientific way is compare the modes from the last game to what's available in V and the effort and potential for replayability, which feeds back in to engagement, is greater in IV than V. Whether Joe Gamer gets more out of IV or V isn't something I can categorically say but if you want a bit of perspective go have a read through the review thread here. End of the day time will tell how things pan out much better than either you or I could say.

Street Fighter 4 (PS3) - 6.6%
Super Street Fighter 4 (PS3) - 11.7%
Ultra Street Fighter 4 (PS4) - 13.7%

I would say that this would at least show's that the player bases got smaller with each game with skill level going up.
Also the trophies for thing's such as beat arcde mode with Yun, Yang, Oni, Evil Ryu, Elena, Rolento, Hugo, and Poison without a continue were all at about 1% or less. Which we could say is due to the player base having no reasoning for such things and just sticking to VS. Considering the stuff for winning a ranked match is more common.

Turfster

Eh.. Does GFWL even stop you from playing the games you already have? I know for a fact that I can still play Fallout 3 from the Disc. What's your point here?
GFWL is 100% broken garbage.
I cannot play my GFWL games at all any more, GFWL keeps throwing up random errors.
No, I'm not going to fucking crack my games to be able to play shit I bought with real money.

It's fucking shameful MS hasn't released their own patch yet that neuters it (since most games have other DRM anyway), but it's not like anyone's expecting anything from them anyway.

Sch1sm

are you serious? its plot is worse than FO3 and i say that as someone who liked FO3's story but fully understands that the plot is just straight up dumb.

Yeah, I'm serious, as someone who played FO4 and hated the writing. Tomb Raider is no more deserving. So sorry.

iosefe

The one made by wuvcraft? Or am I confusing things again.

i wanna say yes

ss_1a49b41c68fe235a16b83695153dcc7efd563d30.1920x1080.jpg

Tizoc

Have a quickie one laddies
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Neverending Nightmares -- MB-4DE6C77AEB9098CC - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Our Nation's Miner -- MB-0A8DBE2118421DE7 - Taken by NingenJanai. 4 entrants total.
The Flock -- MB-AEC48ECFA106EBE1 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Kaiju-A-GoGo -- MB-FE9A58C26D2B4C1D - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-10BAD71CFA22AA49 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 1 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing -- MB-7E666594DCA1C6B0 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.

t1455562357z1.png

Dr Dogg

Street Fighter 4 (PS3) - 6.6%
Super Street Fighter 4 (PS3) - 11.7%
Ultra Street Fighter 4 (PS4) - 13.7%

I would say that this would at least show's that the player bases got smaller with each game with skill level going up.
Also the trophies for thing's such as beat arcde mode with Yun, Yang, Oni, Evil Ryu, Elena, Rolento, Hugo, and Poison without a continue were all at about 1% or less. Which we could say is due to the player base having no reasoning for such things and just sticking to VS. Considering the stuff for winning a ranked match is more common.

Ok? You've just listed a load of percentages with no context, no attributable information, any install base numbers per SKU to compare against and forgot that Ultra is an upgrade meaning the trophy/achievement set is essentially shared amongst 2 version of the game.

Hey guys!

Want a giveaway for my cool new video game?

No?

Well here it is.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #2 -- MB-F35AEAD83D0DA4E1 - Taken by Kifimbo
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #1 -- MB-E092273F8AC2EE2B - Taken by Jawmuncher
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #4 -- MB-77EED30593667ABA - Taken by Ucchedavāda
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim #3 -- MB-12425E58DB8A1891 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Annubis

GFWL is 100% broken garbage.
I cannot play my GFWL games at all any more, GFWL keeps throwing up random errors.
No, I'm not going to fucking crack my games to be able to play shit I bought with real money.

It's fucking shameful MS hasn't released their own patch yet that neuters it (since most games have other DRM anyway), but it's not like anyone's expecting anything from them anyway.

Well, I'm assuming that there is nobody left at Microsoft that worked on the game and knows about GFWL. Nobody left to clean the mess.

Jawmuncher

Ok? You've just listed a load of percentages with no context, no attributable information, any install base numbers per SKU to compare against and forgot that Ultra is an upgrade meaning the trophy/achievement set is essentially shared amongst 2 version of the game.

First off I want to say i feel like you're taking this far too seriously. I'm not trying to do anything to win this conversation. I just figured I could add some additional information. I never said what I am offering is fact. Just that we could see it that way. I'm sorry if I bothered you, for I wasn't trying to do that at all.

Jawmuncher you cheeky bastard.

Maybe I'll do another giveaway, depends on how week 1 goes. We already have about 60+ keys to give out to cast, crew, press, etc.

Lingitiz

XCOM 2 finished last night. Great game but tragically buggy and runs like total trash. The ending has single digit framerate drops, multiple crashes, and the cutscenes desynced the audio. Not going back until DLC and patches are out.

Got me in the mood for more strategy/rpg though. Anyone play Homeworld? Darkest Dungeon any good? Maybe I'll just wait till Danganronpa to get into anything.

XCOM 2 finished last night. Great game but tragically buggy and runs like total trash. The ending has single digit framerate drops, multiple crashes, and the cutscenes desynced the audio. Not going back until DLC and patches are out.

Got me in the mood for more strategy/rpg though. Anyone play Homeworld? Darkest Dungeon any good? Maybe I'll just wait till Danganronpa to get into anything.

People who played the latest Homeworld liked it as far as I know. Darkest Dungeon is also pretty good.

Apparently there are people who have already completed ~30 games this year.

Oh well, I'm still well on track to have 52 done before Summer Seal. Good enough for me.

I'm at... 3 :(

Though I ran through Dragon's Dogma twice (and the other one is XCOM 2, which is also a pretty long game)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Nordicus

Beat Shadowrun Dragonfall

Now, I don't find it quite as thoroughly amazing as it was hyped to be, but I'll say this, the last 2 missions had some pretty impressive storytelling.

I've never felt dirtier and more horrible during a moral choice situation as I did near the end of Dragonfall (maybe aside from NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer). When the dialog options came up, I had to get off my chair, pace around the room and really think what I wanted to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom