• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
im only 4 games deep with 3 games in the works but i also got both married and terrbily sick in january so I'm behind a bit. I shouldn't have an issue hitting 52 but i usually do about +80 a year.

That might be a bit harder, especially since i've finished a lot of my shorter games over the years. I'm currently playing Enemy Within on the PC (+20 hour game), Ace Attorney 2 (~15 hour game), and Lara Croft Temple of Osiris as a coop thing with my bro which is the shortest at around 5 hours.

But to help matters, I've really stopped buying games. Last thing i picked up was Hitman @ $15 and im pretty good for now.

you can have both of mine if you want
Sure, hit me up a PM o/
Apparently there are people who have already completed ~30 games this year.

Oh well, I'm still well on track to have 52 done before Summer Seal. Good enough for me.
Alien Isolation, ARMA3, Tomb Raider 2013, The Swapper, Rise of the Tomb Raider. I played more these last two months than in many years before.
I can tell you right now that Never-ending Nightmares is just eh. Did not enjoy it at all.
First one has positive user reviews while the second is mixed. Maybe too much of the same syndrom?

Dr Dogg

First off I want to say i feel like you're taking this far too seriously. I'm not trying to do anything to win this conversation. I just figured I could add some additional information. I never said what I am offering is fact. Just that we could see it that way. I'm sorry if I bothered you, for I wasn't trying to do that at all.

Hahaha oh come on I never take anything on GAF seriously. It's not a competition I'm just puzzled what these figures are you've comeback with. Christ if you read my last post I pretty much hold my hands up in the air stating that I don't have a fucking clue how things are going to pan out and that maybe it might be better to give things a month or 2 to see how it actually does instead of hypotheticals and what not. Sorry if this comes across me being a dick, never my intention but my initial comment was about all the talk from Capcom leading up until SFV's release has been about going after the more casual player and really when you look at it the package on day one is more attractive to the complete opposite of that. I merely pondered that if by the time they knew they wouldn't be able to get all the content they planed in at release, which was probably upwards of 4-6 months ago that no one thought 'hey what about those arcade modes we used to do. That's a quick and dirty fix to tide folks over until the proper story mode'. Then I pop my head in the review thread and there's a few folks saying the same thing in there.

So they removed not just DN3D but every Duke Nukem game besides Forever. I wanted to get DN3D for a friend during the last sale but decided to wait for the next sale instead :/

So they removed not just DN3D but every Duke Nukem game besides Forever. I wanted to get DN3D for a friend during the last sale but decided to wait for the next sale instead :/

that really sucks. I have the megaton edition from a humble bundle back in the day and that thing even has native controller support. It was pretty good

Jawmuncher

Hahaha oh come on I never take anything on GAF seriously. It's not a competition I'm just puzzled what these figures are you've comeback with. Christ if you read my last post I pretty much hold my hands up in the air stating that I don't have a fucking clue how things are going to pan out and that maybe it might be better to give things a month or 2 to see how it actually does instead of hypotheticals and what not. Sorry if this comes across me being a dick, never my intention but my initial comment was about all the talk from Capcom leading up until SFV's release has been about going after the more casual player and really when you look at it the package on day one is more attractive to the complete opposite of that. I merely pondered that if by the time they knew they wouldn't be able to get all the content they planed in at release, which was probably upwards of 4-6 months ago that no one thought 'hey what about those arcade modes we used to do. That's a quick and dirty fix to tide folks over until the proper story mode'. Then I pop my head in the review thread and there's a few folks saying the same thing in there.

Oh that data was from the Trophy Statistics for the trophy of beating Arcade Mode on Medium or Higher without a continue. Aside from that I get what you mean. I feel like that was their plan at one point, but the release schedule got away from them thus as you said they ended up with a product better suited to fighter fans than any casual buyers. It's pretty obvious especially after seeing the art work that they had to rush it, while keeping it balanced and polished.

Khronico

I've only completed like 2 or 3 games so far, I blame finishing The Witcher 3 and starting Dragon's Dogma :/

I can't even remember what games I completed the last 2 months.

All I know for sure is I played a ton of Dragons Dogma and DS2 SOTFS.

Oh wait I completed Gunslinger TOO

Ludens

Banned
So people who buy Downfall on GOG get also the original for free, on Steam purchasers get nothing but they pay the same?
Man, purchasing the game on Desura for full price was a big mistake, never do that again.

Sch1sm

Apparently there are people who have already completed ~30 games this year.

Oh well, I'm still well on track to have 52 done before Summer Seal. Good enough for me.

I'm just at 11, which beats what I was at last year, and only because I played The Crew: Wildrun edition for like...20+ hours or something. How do you even finish them that quickly? I get tired of my library every now and then and have to take a break. Like, in January I played 8 of those titles, most done within the first week and a half. This month I've had z e r o motivation to complete anything. I know Jaw is king complete on easy, so what's your secret? :p

zkylon

zkylewd
oh yeah bamco is totally gonna screw ppl who preorder the game and the dlc again i bet

and you can't really do anything about it cos if u don't play dark souls at release u miss out on so much mystery and unknownness

we're fucked

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Neverending Nightmares -- MB-8654A7CD45ABC8E6 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded -- MB-C1817A9086EC78A7 - Taken by the_firewithin. 2 entrants total.
Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign -- MB-1D5F331A173E74DF - Taken by NingenJanai. 4 entrants total.

t1455564276z1.png

giphy.gif

edit: yes I always forget freeforall, fuck all of you :/

cyba89

I completed five games this year: Far Cry 3, The Room Three, The Witness, Rise Of The Tomb Raider and Firewatch.
But I also played a lot of Mario Maker and Smash which you can't complete.

Unai

I fell like playing Dark Souls III as soon as possible because it will be my first souls game that I'd play right when it releases. The community and online play must be insane.

Fuck it.

FIFTY MINUTES UNTIL SOMEONE FINDS A BUG I MISSED.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ARMY OF TENTACLES: (NOT) A CTHULHU DATING SIM -- MB-70E70EE68E70F718 - Taken by Khronico

Annubis

SteamGAF, I request your opinion!

PoE tomorrow. Do I start a new game and play with the story NPC or make custom chars and bulldozer the game this time?

I kinda want to try an OP team.

Dr Dogg

Oh that data was from the Trophy Statistics for the trophy of beating Arcade Mode on Medium or Higher without a continue. Aside from that I get what you mean. I feel like that was their plan at one point, but the release schedule got away from them thus as you said they ended up with a product better suited to fighter fans than any casual buyers. It's pretty obvious especially after seeing the art work that they had to rush it, while keeping it balanced and polished.

Ah right that makes sense now. Yeah I did have a look at the achievement ratios on Steam and PSNProfiles but it's next to impossible to get any information back regards to player enegament levels due to things like you could blast through Arcade Mode a bajillion times on Easy and not get a single achievement for it. I was looking for an example like the one I mentioned the other day for Mortal Kombat X and how not having a strong single player component (I guess that's Komponent in MK's kase) is probably going to detract from that casual crowd they're after. For example...

Regardless of difficulty level you get the achievement for completing 50% and 100% of the story mode as you do for completing (not winning just completing) an online match for the first time. So we can see that 36.8% of the owners went through the 4-5 hour story mode compared to 34.2% even finishing 1 online match.

It's a bit different for MK9 though with 25.1% winning an online match and 21.9% completing half the story and 13.1% finishing it. You might think that's due to the horrible PC port of MKX but PSN Profiles puts 50% story at 64.2%, 100% story at 58.15% and 1 online match played at 50.20% and MK9 is in favour of the story over online on PS3.

For sure the crowd attracted to MK is somewhat different than SF but if you want to widen your audience these are the guys you're probably going to be targeting.

zkylon

zkylewd
i remember playing the army of tentacles beta a long while ago and not getting anything about it

i think i still don't get it

it seemed like a game for a specific type of lunatic that isn't really my kind

i bet those lunatics are super into it tho lol

PoE tomorrow. Do I start a new game and play with the story NPC or make custom chars and bulldozer the game this time?

is it ur first playthrough?

cos like, the companion writing is excellent, you're not gonna want to miss that

Knurek

I'm just at 11, which beats what I was at last year, and only because I played The Crew: Wildrun edition for like...20+ hours or something. How do you even finish them that quickly? I get tired of my library every now and then and have to take a break. Like, in January I played 8 of those titles, most done within the first week and a half. This month I've had z e r o motivation to complete anything. I know Jaw is king complete on easy, so what's your secret? :p

Oh, it's not me, I'm still at 12 (closing in on #13).
I don't really want to be the #1 person this year, last one was enough for me.
Looking at that person list of games, he mostly has short-ish games, I guess you could just play arcade titles/TWINEs exclusively if that's what you're after.
Although that seems like a terrible way to spend your time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah, second.
ahh, then yea, maybe create ur own dudes so u can try out the other classes

Just saw that PCGamer confirmed another PC Show this E3. Last time was not bad, just a little boring at times. (hope I didn't miss if posted already, sorry lashman if so)
----

Looks good to me ;)
that's like the worst character design i've ever seen

and like league has some really really bad characters

gurm3n

Neo Member

Maybe if you mix the companion characters? I did my first playthrough with the story NPCs with the exception of 2 or 3 of them, so I can start over and play with the other ones. It also depends on how much you liked the story...

The SFV reviews are as expected. Good gameplay but lacking in content. I thought the aggregate percentage would be a few points lower than it is on Metacritic.

If Capcom keep their word and this is the only SF release for a generation, they're always going to have this (admittedly decent) 80% Metacritic score... even if they eventually triple the amount of content in the game. I wonder if they would have been better off by splitting things up the way Star Citizen just did it. Launch as a multiplayer only title at $45 or $50 and then sell the single player story mode for $10-15 later. So it kind of fulfills the early access model and reviewers would be kinder to it for sure. Of course the risk here is that they realize later that nobody (or very few people) actually give a damn about the upcoming content/story and they never get more than $45 from most of their customers.

Anyway my real issue with the game is that every single Amazon site around the world offered a pre-order bonus for the game except the one I ordered it from, Amazon.in. What an injustice! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom