• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

Not sure how I feel about Terry turning his cap backwards

ash-spins-his-hat.gif

Tizoc

For reals doe, who do I gotta smooch to have my title be
King of Dinosaurs

Oh wait does he do it during burning knuckle it's been awhile

I know he does it during his Power Dunk in a few games
terry-cvs2-powadunk.gif

One of the frames SHOULD show him with his cap turned.

In short they are working on everything except games these days :D

I'll be honest... I did not expect to see this kind of ignorance in the Steam thread. Do you reckon getting 10 million people to play Dota 2 and CSGO every month is just a fluke? Or are you one of those who pretend that games they do work on don't exist because they don't interest you and then go on to bemoan how they've stopped working on games altogether?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If Valve keeps working on things that push the PC platform forward, like the Steam controller and their VR implementation, then they can take as long a break from making new games as they want, in my opinion.

Safe to say this an AMD favored game, that 7950 beating out SLI 970/780 ti's...

Yeah... ouch.
Were the most recent Wolfenstein games like this? I know I got solid performance on my 770 when I had it (60fps, I believe).

If I'd been disappointed in it, I'd have sucked it up,and made a mental note not to buy into short games on day one, until the dust has settled.

And then I'd entirely ignore that advice.

Not sure steam should have a 'no reasons' refund policy. Should be technical issues only. Of course you can still lie about that.

For the record, I said I'd consider it, not that I actually would. Meaning more that I can understand why people are refunding it after beating it, even if I do not quite agree with the morality behind it.

The fact that you can fucking dc without any penalty whatsoever

What year is it

Apologists be like "they'll reset the servers before release surely this will be fixed" (what does a server reset have to do with anything)

Now you got your standard Kenlords with the power of infinite ragequits, when you can actually find a match that is

Are lobbies fixed yet

Granted, I have a small sample size (I think I've only fought 4 matches in ranked), but I haven't seen a DC yet.

Beat a Ken.
Beat a Karin.
Beat a Nash.
Lost to a Cammy.

So Ken's V-Skill is actually Alt+F4?

Nicely done.
Y'know, except that's only for the scrub kb/m Ken players.

Teslagrad and Badland?? thats really good

Yeah, solid, except both have been bundled before, I believe.

No 60 at 1080p for a 970. Shockingly crappy. idtech5 in general bad on Nvidia?

I didn't think so, but yeah, jeez, 30-44 fps on a 970?

My main hombre going back to the roots
tizok-g-360throw.gif

NEVER
NEVER
in my life did I think me and Jaw would agree on something together.

So, he's sort of like King from Tekken but with a Raptor motif?

So what's the over/under on you and I agreeing on something if you thought you'd never agree with Jawmuncher? :-K

Is doom gonna require 40GB+ to download

Of course it will. Why wouldn't it? It's idTech.

If Valve keeps working on things that push the PC platform forward, like the Steam controller and their VR implementation, then they can take as long a break from making new games as they want, in my opinion.

I'd agree. I'm not a huge fan of anything Valve has ever developed, so I don't feel like we're missing out because they haven't released any games lately.
Steam controller and the Steam platform -- that's where I'd like them to concentrate, personally... but I guess we'll see what happens with VR too.

How do you find these? Is there some website that post them? Epicbundle use to be good but they have really slipped.
In the case of that one I found it in the deals section of steamgifts*. Also containing more bundles than you can care to know about.

*-That site is one hell of an odd stamina based f2p game. You have a stamina cap but no idea of when you will hit it nor will you have any idea what you can spend stamina on...

Not sure how I feel about Terry turning his cap backwards

And Kyo's Japanese voice sounds like 10 years older

Angel's voice is worse

Actually Terry turns his cap backwards during a few moves in a few of the game's he's been in ;)

My main hombre going back to the roots
tizok-g-360throw.gif

NEVER
NEVER
in my life did I think me and Jaw would agree on something together.

I think King of Dinossaurs is related to Tizoc

It has Dinosaur Representation. It has to come to PC now.
Also the graphics seem to get a little bit better every time. Nothing mind blowing but they'll do.

I think it'll come, their games were doing well.

Nzyme32

I mean people like to point towards the Jira leak as an absolute proof that L4D3 and HL3 will be things eventually. But since then we know several people of those groups have either left the company or moved on to other groups, especially the VR group. Who's to say they were the only people? Last year Chet tweeted how the VR group is growing day after day...

That JIRA stuff is far too outdated to use. Considering all that happened in between, particularly with the change of having Oculus as bosom-buddy, turn toward facebook and presumably scare Valve into taking on VR more fully, I'd guess much has changed on internal projects. Also their speculative approach to most things probably also results in a lot of dead projects along the way

Uzzy

At least if the new KOF doesn't come to PC we'll be able to emulate it on PCSX2.

Pretty shocking that SFV doesn't punish disconnects. I could be generous and say that that's probably a temporary measure until the servers get fixed, but the servers shouldn't be in this state in the first place. Still, it's a bold move for Capcom to release their online only game without online.

dex3108

I'll be honest... I did not expect to see this kind of ignorance in the Steam thread. Do you reckon getting 10 million people to play Dota 2 and CSGO every month is just a fluke? Or are you one of those who pretend that games they do work on don't exist because they don't interest you and then go on to bemoan how they've stopped working on games altogether?

First that post was meant to be joke that is why i put smiley face at the end. But i also think that CSGO and Dota 2 are more like services that Valve has to update and maintain regularly. And they are working on them just because huge money is involved not because they love and want to work on game itself. You can see how fast they respond to those communities (for example OP weapon in CSGO) and yet they treat some of their oldest fans (Half Life fans) really bad. They couldn't even tell them that main HL writer left the company. You can;t ignore huge part of your fan-base just because they don't bring you money.

In the end i respect Valve for updating their games for a long time and working on some nice ideas outside games but for me they are now company that instead of nice and innovative games works on nice and innovative ways to get more money per customer without pissing community. Will we ever see SP game from Valve ever again i don't know but i am 100% sure that whatever game they release next will be monetized heavily after release and i don't like that.

Ludens

Banned
SFV is garbage. I reached Hard Survival level 47 with Ken, error 10007 or something like this and I got disconnected from the servers.
I won't try this again, like never.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
780 and 780 SLI have the exact same score... why not just put a note that says SLI doesn't work.

Because it's obvious that SLI isn't supported? ;)

Oh, thought it'd be something different (as in, no more megatextures, etc)
Is it still using OpenGL?

Well, there's nothing to suggest it's not OGL-based. I imagine OGL being ditched for D3D is something that GI would have mentioned if it were the case since it'd represent a radical shift for id -- exactly zero of its PC games have a D3D-based renderer.

zkylon

zkylewd
First that post was meant to be joke that is why i put smiley face at the end. But i also think that CSGO and Dota 2 are more like services that Valve has to update and maintain regularly. And they are working on them just because huge money is involved not because they love and want to work on game itself. You can see how fast they respond to those communities (for example OP weapon in CSGO) and yet they treat some of their oldest fans (Half Life fans) really bad. They couldn't even tell them that main HL writer left the company. You can;t ignore huge part of your fan-base just because they don't bring you money.

In the end i respect Valve for updating their games for a long time and working on some nice ideas outside games but for me they are now company that instead of nice and innovative games works on nice and innovative ways to get more money per customer without pissing community. Will we ever see SP game from Valve ever again i don't know but i am 100% sure that whatever game they release next will be monetized heavily after release and i don't like that.
from the start all of valve's games had the goal of advertising steam

that's been the goal from the beginning, hence half life 2 being like the first steam-only game ever, the orange box being such an awesome deal, tf2 going f2p, the games as a service mantra, doto going all heroes for free and the cs go esports stuff

getting ppl into their store is their business and so that's been the the goal of valve's games from the beginning, the big difference is that multiplayer games are way better for building a community and attracting recurrent customers than a heavily scripted, linear, single-player game is.

this doesn't mean their games aren't good or earnest or whatever, but that's the whole business of games for valve, they don't need to sell you doto heroes cos they want to sell you games. they sell cs:go cos that's the genre standard and why turn down money, but doto has to be free cos league is free.

Volimar

At some point these games are just going to be two giant sized breasts with blue hair on the top and tiny feet pushing the massive mammaries around.

ArjanN

Vlad

Some dupes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Pilgrim Episode One: Alpha Centauri -- MB-B4ACC7CE6E8697B6 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
The Deer God -- MB-0E82E73BE166E0C8 - Taken by bloke. 5 entrants total.
Sword 'N' Board -- MB-5FDDEFE1B57B5ECE - Taken by Henry Swanson. 11 entrants total.
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-CBFD6413D0A06287 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Pixeljunk: Eden -- MB-E013F32C48359420 - Taken by laserlaser. 1 entrants total.

t1455742844z1.png

dex3108

from the start all of valve's games had the goal of advertising steam

that's been the goal from the beginning, hence half life 2 being like the first steam-only game ever, the orange box being such an awesome deal, tf2 going f2p, the games as a service mantra, doto going all heroes for free and the cs go esports stuff

getting ppl into their store is their business and so that's been the the goal of valve's games from the beginning, the big difference is that multiplayer games are way better for building a community and attracting recurrent customers than a heavily scripted, linear, single-player game is.

this doesn't mean their games aren't good or earnest or whatever, but that's the whole business of games for valve, they don't need to sell you doto heroes cos they want to sell you games. they sell cs:go cos that's the genre standard and why turn down money, but doto has to be free cos league is free.

To be honest i really believe that Valve had really good intentions when they created Steam and that it wasn't all about money when they pushed Steam with HL and CS. At that time they just wan;ted to create better platform for PC. Fast forward to post 2010. we see different Valve that do things mostly because of money (there are exceptions like Steam VR and whole VR tech and Steam controller).

Wok

To be honest i really believe that Valve had really good intentions when they created Steam and that it wasn't all about money when they pushed Steam with HL and CS. At that time they just wan;ted to create better platform for PC. Fast forward to post 2010. we see different Valve that do things mostly because of money (there are exceptions like Steam VR and whole VR tech and Steam controller).

Portal 2 is still a game about gaming.

Dr Dogg

At least if the new KOF doesn't come to PC we'll be able to emulate it on PCSX2.

Pretty shocking that SFV doesn't punish disconnects. I could be generous and say that that's probably a temporary measure until the servers get fixed, but the servers shouldn't be in this state in the first place. Still, it's a bold move for Capcom to release their online only game without online.

I had hope when I got in after seeing better reports in the OT. Connected straight away as well... and then disconnected 30 seconds later :(

Still it's given me more time in the training room where I'm finding out all my SFIV Cammy shenanigans still work on Ryu and even better than expected thanks to 2 extra frames to buffer inputs during his Critical Art animation. I've got about 5, maybe 6 moves depending on distance and meter levels that would make any Ryu player never want to fire off a raw or on wake up CA on Cammy ever again. Shit is nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom