• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

It's a little disappointing to see indies supporting Microsoft's attempt at building a walled garden on the PC, quite frankly. I say "a little" as I realise that, by and large, the reality of a self-publishing indie developer is that every ounce of availability counts, so I certainly understand why the game is up on the Microsoft App Store for Windows PCs. But that doesn't mean I can't briefly utter "Tsk, tsk" towards what Microsoft is going to consider tacit approval.

Eh, think of it this way - if the game sold 15k copies on Steam, it will sell 15 copies on Win10 store.
Sooner or later the devs will realize this distribution method is not worth the effort.

Hi y'all I'm just poking my head in to ask how everyone feels about the Steam controller. I frequent the Steam Controller thread, but obviously we're all pretty on board with it there.

For myself, I've found it to be far more useful, accurate, and versatile than even my most optimistic hopes.

hi guys, any one remember him ?

CbcK46hW8AAVbXc.jpg

hide_the_pain_harold_old_guy_stock_photo_model_tortured_soul-504145.jpg

This is him now. Feel old?

http://steamcommunity.com/games/250820/announcements/detail/666900903125333728

As we’re heading into the launch timeframe for both the Vive and Rift VR systems, we ask that you update your storefront and Steamworks metadata to reflect support for various VR hardware and features. The following is an overview of the new tools on our partner site which allow you to do this.

Please plan to have this information, along with any other necessary Steamworks storefront information, prepared in time for the upcoming Vive pre-order and subsequent Vive and Rift hardware launches soon thereafter.

STORE PAGE SETTINGS
On the Basic Info tab in the Supported Features section, Select VR Support to indicate your title supports VR in the Steam Store. Once checked, a handy link to the following Steamworks settings will appear just below this.

Store Admin / Basic Info
Supported Features
_ VR Support

STEAMWORKS SETTINGS
Under Steamworks / App Admin visit the Application / Virtual Reality section, provide the following information.

App Admin / Application / Virtual Reality
Target SDKs
_ OpenVR
_ Oculus PC SDK (must use Oculus PC SDK V0.8 or newer)

Controller Support
_ SteamVR Controllers
_ Oculus Touch Controllers
_ XInput Controller
_ Keyboard / Mouse

Play Area Support
_ Seated
_ Standing
_ Room-scale (2m x 1.5m) or larger [enter values if larger]

These settings allow your app to appear in the SteamVR category of the user’s library. This is important, as the library is filtered to display only these titles when running in VR. They also specify the appropriate behavior when launching your title using any of a variety of VR hardware, taking into account the SDKs you’ve used to author your app.

Installation / General / Launch Options
To further configure an app with VR support, just change at least one Launch Option to specify one of these three Launch Type settings under Installation / General:

Launch Type
• Launch SteamVR App - Use this for VR apps that use SteamVR.
• Launch SteamVR Overlay - Use this for apps that supply a SteamVR dashboard overlay.
• Launch in Other VR - Use this for apps that provide a VR mode other than SteamVR, for example those implemented using the Oculus SDK.

Just picking one of these three options will cause the app to appear in the SteamVR group in the user’s Library. It will also cause that launch option to be presented to or chosen for the user at the appropriate times in the Steam client.

yuraya

This is how it all starts.

First Microsoft will get the big AAA exclusives.

Then they get all the indies.

Soon Steam will have nothing.

Nothing!

You guys better head over to live.com and make yourself an xbox account. And don't forget to pin that windows 10 xbox app to your taskbar. Its very convenient.

Yeah, and CDPR still won't discount the expansion pass. But I bet the combo probably dropped in price too, right? :\

Whenever I see him, I can't help but picture

2cogehf.gif

Can't unsee. Excellent.

54 days... man I pray the PC version is decent

Why wouldn't it be? DS2/SotFS were both fine.

Very fucking bad.

You say that about everything, pretty much.

I didn't know we had our own Win Store region. That's probably the only thing it does better than Steam (and just barely, going from that price)

Price is half off, just about. That seems pretty decent to me.

It has some forced stealth sections that are incredibly awful. Other than that, it's not so bad.

i've had enough of those for one lifetime. And 13 hours is a bit much for what i understand to be a character action game. I have my fill of those at the 6-8 hour mark.

As an aside, i would pay fight money for SFV background characters to run at 60 fps. I can't stand it when devs do this shit, i hated seeing it in the brief time i played Halo 5 for example. Shit looks fucking awful

Yeah, and CDPR still won't discount the expansion pass. But I bet the combo probably dropped in price too, right? :\

Can't unsee. Excellent.

Why wouldn't it be? DS2/SotFS were both fine.

You say that about everything, pretty much.

Price is half off, just about. That seems pretty decent to me.

Oh, I thought it was almost the same. Then yes, they are doing one thing better than Steam here in Argentina.

Messiah

i've had enough of those for one lifetime. And 13 hours is a bit much for what i understand to be a character action game. I have my fill of those at the 6-8 hour mark.

As an aside, i would pay fight money for SFV background characters to run at 60 fps. I can't stand it when devs do this shit, i hated seeing it in the brief time i played Halo 5 for example. Shit looks fucking awful

I wish you could just disable the background characters to be honest. The stages look really bad.

Yup. But it's one cent cheaper to buy separately. (Well until sale hits).

I'll not be bothering with The Witcher 3 until CDPR actually takes their head out of their ass and discounts the expansion pass during a sale, since they've discounted everything but during the last 2-3 major sales.

Holy crap, Army card are apparently going for $2.

Supply and demand, I guess. That and I don't have it, so I can't get in a race to the bottom with the other sellers that keep undercutting me.

Appreciate you going for Webm finally. Much easier to ignore than your gifs :)

ice. cold.

I'll not be bothering with The Witcher 3 until CDPR actually takes their head out of their ass and discounts the expansion pass during a sale, since they've discounted everything but during the last 2-3 major sales.

Why would they discount the expansion pass when the final (and larger) piece of content hasn't even been released yet?

I don't understand your reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom