• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I've never understood why people consider this movie to be an all time classic. I found it super boring.

Right, the story implies something nice and it's all about the 'feels' at the end, and how no one bothered to think it could have something to do with his innocence being lost when he was taken away, that there is more to life than money/power etc etc. But does it really deserve the praise it constantly gets?

The techniques, narrative, and aging effects were all new at the time. You have to view it in a historical context.

kagamin

Now you guys can enjoy Danganrongpa without feeling bad about the state of the port. :p

Don't forget anime gifs ;)

You done did it now!
aAmVfHY.gif

accel

What we need is a return of flash sales. That will quickly move the discussions back to Steam. (Someone call Gabe.)

dex3108

What is the sp content like?

I think they said there will be around 12 main missions but i may be wrong but SP "story" is around 10 hours but you have side missions and tons of stuff to unlock. Dogg managed to play dozens of hours in closed beta so i guess buying Nvidia code is good deal if you like loot shooters :D

Tizoc

I think they said there will be around 12 main missions but i may be wrong but SP "story" is around 10 hours but you have side missions and tons of stuff to unlock. Dogg managed to play dozens of hours in closed beta so i guess buying Nvidia code is good deal if you like loot shooters :D
After toom braider i am a but selective of which shooty bangs i would play :p

Dr Dogg

Well, we had a good run.

I refunded SFV before it even came out. I wasn't about to get got like that. I'll try again once it leaves Early Access.

It's kind of in this weird place right now. Mechanically it's one of the better if not best first iteration of a numbered Street Fighter. Every character feels unique, plays well at a specific range while all being deadly up close and has suitable tools to deal with most types of foes, especially as each has a move or two to get them out of trouble/cheap shit. But the only reason I know this is because I can't for the life of me get an online game and even though I've busted out the placeholder story mode I'm not touching the Survival mode past beginner as I've been disconnected from the server on a 25-29 win streak to have victory snatched away without being beaten.

You can say 'but an online game is always unstable at launch' but how many titles have 4 betas and a number of small stress tests month and months before launch? I get that trying to tie up cross platform multiplayer and incorporate a residual social network for replays, stat tracking and networking between players is quite a complicated affair but it's still bitterly disappointing and the single player and offline content really doesn't fill the hole unless you have people to play with in person.

Right now it's pretty much an inconsistent online experience and for me pretty much an offline one. Might be in part due to my biscuit tin internet but first chance I'm probably going to get fighting a human opponent is going to be Sunday but that's going to take press ganging one of my mates round or convince the other half. Kind of miss not having an arcade release as I could roll up to the grotty bowling alley not too far from here and probably find a cabinet and if not the seaside resort 10 miles down the road definitely would have.

dex3108

After toom braider i am a but selective of which shooty bangs i would play :p

If you are hoping that The Division will have amazing story then don't buy it. There will be story (probably better then in vanilla Destiny) but in the end this is loot shooter where upgrades, skills and loot are most important things. Also The Division is way, way better with friends.

Smash88

Banned
I've played GTA4, the Citizen Kane of video games. I think that's close enough.

l4KhJn5CwsV0neDK0.gif

Listen I love video games and the GTA series as much as the next guy, but it wasn't the best of stories. GTA V was better IMO.

This is my favourite anime image:

vDf2P3R.jpg

No clue what it's from, but it makes me chuckle every time.

Dr Dogg

Come on, we all know Metroid Prime is the Citizen Kane of videogames. IGN said so.

If you are hoping that The Division will have amazing story then don't buy it. There will be story (probably better then in vanilla Destiny) but in the end this is loot shooter where upgrades, skills and loot are most important things. Also The Division is way, way better with friends.

The story of The Division will be the misadventures of Ryan, Meghan and Bronson and how through the power of scripted team chatter they take back New York and save the world!

Dr Dogg

Anyway who want's know what the Citizen Kane of gaming is. I'm much more interested in what's the Plan 9 From Outerspace or The Room of gaming is. Off to Steam Early Access I go.

My The Division beta client is ready!

A quick google search netted me an answer for where that image is from: Gundam Reconguista in G

A.k.a. the best gundam series of the decade.

Out of topic counter spell: I hope we can get Gundam games on Steam in the future.

Corpekata

Banned
Whatever The Room of gaming is, it's probably got anime in it.

Probably Huniepop.

waits for someone to get all nerdy on me and correct me that it can't be anime because it's not made by the Japanese

Messiah

Finally managed to play some rounds with ViviOggi in SFV. The game feels so good when it works.

This makes me even more bummed out about the shitty launch and lack of content.

Anyway who want's know what the Citizen Kane of gaming is. I'm much more interested in what's the Plan 9 From Outerspace or The Room of gaming is. Off to Steam Early Access I go.

I may not know much about every video game or played every video game, but I do believe there may be a contender for that throne a-comin'.

I decided to wait couple of days before starting it, in case there are game breaking bugs, or bugged cheevos, will buy nevertheless, I can bear waiting if there are until fixed.

From what I hear, Spike Chunsoft and Abstraction Games put out patch for the review builds addressing some of the problems folks have been experience like flickering and junk. I think this will be one of the more competent ports.

Arthea

My bear body is ready.

http://mecha-guignol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/dancingmonobear.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I decided to wait couple of days before starting it, in case there are game breaking bugs, or bugged cheevos, will buy nevertheless, I can bear waiting if there are until fixed.

[quote="Dr Dogg, post: 195731801"]Anyway who want's know what the Citizen Kane of gaming is. I'm much more interested in what's the Plan 9 From Outerspace or The Room of gaming is. Off to Steam Early Access I go.[/QUOTE]

Citizen Kane of gaming is Suikoden 2, which I hope you all bought when I said you to!
if not, karma will get you

unrelated:
it really gets to me that steam keeps accepting different games with the same names, there are two Flocks (actually there are three!), three Reflex, etc. Why?! That's outright confusing. Shouldn't volvo demand to add some suffix or prefix or whatever to avoid that?

Uzzy

Insane creators convinced of their own genius create a video game that's so unbelievably awful that it becomes a legendary cult classic? Devil's Third sounds close. Anyway, SFII, Doom, Everquest are the kind of games that are the 'Citizen Kane' of gaming, given their influence on the genres they practically created.

In game related news, just completed Chun-Li's normal survival mode. Woo, new colours. Now to do it again for her default outfit! Some great looking concept pieces in the Japanese art book too. The bandaged up Ryu looks fantastic, I'd have loved to see that design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom