• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Fallout 4 season pass is the bestseller?
like for reals?
We should just abandon this civilization, it failed, high time to move on.

Saty

I think I mentioned months ago that some random person friended me on steam say I was influential (lols) and they would be sending my free keys, well they finally came through but I already have it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

polarity -- MB-1E66DA507C01BD4C - Taken by ctw0e

Ludens

Banned
slow movement? nope.gif

is it Sanitarium clone or something?

Sanitarium? I don't know. It's located into a real existing italian madhouse anyway, but I think the gameplay is pretty different.

MGSV The Phantom Pain €24,99 on GamesPlanet FR and DE.

Hmm, this or Danganronpa...

Go for it, ManPuncher will be with you in this journey.

Cbc09qCW8AArzGe.jpg

accel

unrelated:
it really gets to me that steam keeps accepting different games with the same names, there are two Flocks (actually there are three!), three Reflex, etc. Why?! That's outright confusing. Shouldn't volvo demand to add some suffix or prefix or whatever to avoid that?

I guess they want to avoid name wars ("it's my name! no, it's mine!", "yours is too close to mine, change it or I will complain", "but this guy is a troll, he reserved my name when I was not yet on Steam, although it's well known that the name is mine", etc). Maybe they don't / didn't want to get into this just yet, they have their hands full as it is.

Arthea

I guess they want to avoid name wars ("it's my name! no, it's mine!", "yours is too close to mine, change it or I will complain", "but this guy is a troll, he reserved my name when I was not yet on Steam, although it's well known that the name is mine", etc). Maybe they don't / didn't want to get into this just yet, they have their hands full as it is.

you have a point, but it really is getting confusing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Endruen, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-40A3AB30B77D3089 - Taken by Catshade. 71 entrants total.
The first game I beat in 2016. Awesome game and probably 2015's GOTY.
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ -- MB-0181C1E3D978401D - Taken by Deques. 35 entrants total.
The last game I beat in 2015. A short kinetic VN. Very emotive and well written.

t1455836268z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Endruen, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-40A3AB30B77D3089 - Taken by Catshade. 71 entrants total.
The first game I beat in 2016. Awesome game and probably 2015's GOTY.
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ -- MB-0181C1E3D978401D - Taken by Deques. 35 entrants total.
The last game I beat in 2015. A short kinetic VN. Very emotive and well written.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Undertale was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1455836808z1.png

Arthea

Inwish there was angoty like edition for it releasing soon :x

I'm waiting for GOTY or collection myself, but that won't happen soon, what's OK, considering I'm still drowning in great games that need to be played.

Although, I would have bought a game when it was $8 if I knew, but steamgaf haven't told me then.

Balthuk

So I'm looking at ultra SF IV from de.gamesplanet.com ( currently 8,99€ ) .
1. I don't need to worry about region locked key or anything do i?(I'm also in europe)
2. Steamcharts report 397 concurrent atm, that's not too low is it? Plus it seems that through '16 numbers have been dropping which seems kinda weird. I thought more people would play IV in anticipation of V

Plus it seems that through '16 numbers have been dropping which seems kinda weird. I thought more people would play IV in anticipation of V

I'm assuming game competitions will stop focusing on IV now that V is out, so players will stop bothering. The ones that are left might be the ones who play for - gasp! - fun.

bloke

Bought next month's Humble Monthly with Ark for $12.
Resold Ark key for $20.
Should I feel bad?
Also I have a feeling general public is not really aware of HM.

Balthuk

I'm assuming game competitions will stop focusing on IV now that V is out, so players will stop bothering. The ones that are left might be the ones who play for - gasp! - fun.

Heh I'm fine with that, I'm more afraid that only mid to high level players will play the game

------

For now. But nobody can truly escape the murderous tumbleweeds. They'll pass through town after town until nobody is left.

Every day there must be like an action movie.

Jawmuncher

Both camps for SFV have their right about how they feel about the game. The gameplay is good, there just isn't much to do outside online. But if you play online all day in the first place it's not much to complain about (aside from current online issues). So it's understandable that some feel 60 is fine especially with the current promised. While others expect more from their initial purchase. Especially compared to other same priced games on the market.

Hektor

OlliOlli 2 and Not A Hero are coming to XB1 with new content

Don't know if this new stuff will come to PC or not :/

I think the new content is there due to the parity clause or whatever it's called. But with MS going in so hard on PCgaming i could see them allowing the content to be released on PC at least.

Somebody should ask them on twitter or something.

madjoki

I think the new content is there due to the parity clause or whatever it's called. But with MS going in so hard on Windows 10 gaming i could see them allowing the content to be released on Windows 10 Store.

FTFY.

Lain

I think the new content is there due to the parity clause or whatever it's called. But with MS going in so hard on PCgaming i could see them allowing the content to be released on PC at least.

Yep, I can see that content appear as exclusive content for the Windows Store versions of the games. Hopefully I'm right.

Messiah

People keep disconnecting when they lose in SFV, Capcom was really smart on giving no penalities for disconnection.

Servers are just busted at the moment so it won't save most of the match results so I wouldn't assume most of them are ragequitters. The point after the comma still stands though.

Ludens

Banned
Servers are just busted at the moment so it won't save most of the match results so I wouldn't assume most of them are ragequitters. The point after the comma still stands though.

Well, I assume those are ragequitters when you see people with 7 victories and the connection falls right after the end of the match.

Both camps for SFV have their right about how they feel about the game. The gameplay is good, there just isn't much to do outside online. But if you play online all day in the first place it's not much to complain about (aside from current online issues). So it's understandable that some feel 60 is fine especially with the current promised. While others expect more from their initial purchase. Especially compared to other same priced games on the market.

Unless you've followed Capcom closely, then the current state of SFV is going to come as a rude surprise, since the product description does not acknowledge the bare-bones nature of the game, and you could well have pre-ordered before Capcom sprung this information on the community. And I would not expect that most people have been following what Capcom has been saying, that's something for the more dedicated SF players and gamers.

And even ignoring the contents that will be added later, the game still feels rushed. A lot of options are not saved, including match-making and training mode options; controller support is anemic, and you are in a very poor position if you play on a keyboard (which a lot of people did do with SFIV). Not to mention that you are throw into the tutorial before you even have a chance to setup your control scheme, which in my case meant pressing random buttons on my keyboard until I figured out how to skip it; integration into Steam (and probably also PSN) is near absent, making it much harder than it needs to be to find people on your friend-list, or view their profiles after a match. I couldn't even find a way to favorite somebody when viewing their profile after a match, so it is either hidden away or outright missing. Not to mention that CFN is not just overloaded, but has been outright broken with regards to several features that are in the game.

Honestly, if (online) vs is not what you expect to spend the majority of your time playing, then there is very little reason to get in on SFV now. And people who don't spend most of their time playing (online) vs are probably the majority of potential buyers.

Lain

What do you mean hopefully? :-/
We need competition for Steam and who could compete better with Valve than MS. The more games and content they can lock down the better so we can have the same healthy competition we have on consoles.
We don't want Valve to keep its monopoly and Park Lane right?

We need competition for Steam and who could compete better with Valve than MS. The more games and content they can lock down the better so we can have the same healthy competition we have on consoles.
We don't want Valve to keep its monopoly and Park Lane right?
Hopefully GOG will grow even bigger and give Valve a run for its money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom