• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Could be a case of miscommunicstion between nis japan and nisa? The tracks are prob not allowed to be made avilable digitally this way

Just like KH and Disney, Crisis Core, every other BS audio licensing deal for Japanese games.

Was going to say Non-Western, but can't think of an instance where this stuff comes up outside of Japan.

Lain

The retail version still comes with the OST at least apparently ...

If it wouldn't cost me 44€ to get the physical version, I'd go with it.
If the physical version really has the complete thing though, I'll feel somewhat more bullshitted. The 10 tracks sampler reminds me of the kind of OSTs AtlusUSA usually offers.

It might just be an OST, but it's kinda disappointing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just like KH and Disney, Crisis Core, every other BS audio licensing deal for Japanese games.

Was going to say Non-Western, but can't think of an instance where this stuff comes up outside of Japan.

In the west, voice acting, music composition and other "peripheral" elements of game development are contract jobs and the creators involved don't earn royalties. Or perhaps more accurately, there's no legal obligation for publishers to pay royalties (I'm sure there's an exception somewhere). Many voice actors were contemplating a strike late last year for this reason.

I'm a terrible person. I got back into Dawn of the Dragons, and now I'm neglecting my Steam account.

Oh well. At least I'm still at a high level and chainsaw virtually any raid boss in the game.

Apparently Danganronpa is broken on PC... like really badly:

PistCYX.gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

This is an issue with the build sent to reviewers, which has since been taken care of by Abstraction Games in time for release:

We received similar reports of graphical glitches from other reviewers

and the port team at Abstraction Games has been working hard to address them.

For review builds, there’s a simple workaround: When you launch the game, go to Video Options and change Direct 3D9 to OpenGL, or vice-versa.

(I recognize the problem with the UI flicker from the screenshot. Changing to OpenGL will get rid of it.)

Long story short, this issue has been fixed for the release build!

accel

Sorry for the off-topic, that's not about Steam and not even about games, but I just have to say it:

I am completely blown away by the pilot of Vinyl. It's a masterpiece.

kagamin

OK PEOPLE, NO NEED TO GO INTO DIS-BEAR ANYMORE! WRAP IT UP!

Sorry for the off-topic, that's not about Steam and not even about games, but I just have to say it:

I am completely blown away by the pilot of Vinyl. It's a masterpiece.

It's ok to be off-topic sometimes. ;)

Dsyndrome

In the west, voice acting, music composition and other "peripheral" elements of game development are contract jobs and the creators involved don't earn royalties. Or perhaps more accurately, there's no legal obligation for publishers to pay royalties (I'm sure there's an exception somewhere). Many voice actors were contemplating a strike late last year for this reason.
I feel like the lack of desire to renegotiate whatsoever is flawed, the fact that publishers see renegotiating the contracts as an investment they don't want to be part of is short-sighted, provided there's a modicum of effort (in PC land at least, including not putting your game on a platform you know won't sell).

I do agree that contractual employment and the attitude in the west aren't where they need to be, however.

Hektor

Sony backed the game so that might be the reason.

God bless Sony.

But the music is at least still in the actual game, right?

The way (japanese) licensing works sucks donkey balls.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

I'd wish you happy birthday, but other people don't like that we do that, so i won't, sorry.

OK, Adobe ads on GAF pulled my browser window about a dozen times in the last two days. I just had a page load with one on the top and bottom and it changed the view TWICE.

People get banned for adblocking, but come on.

No one gets banned for adblocking unless you're being an asshole about it. And you're definitely not getting banned for a legitimate reason like shitty ads hijacking your browser.

Yeah texture flickering and audio looping synchronization issues were fixed in a patch a couple of days ago.

Knurek

The post below contains major Dangan Ronpa spoilers. Don't click if you haven't played the game.

Aerith dies
Bruce Willis was dead all along
Rosebud is the sled
Lord Vader is Luke's father
Titanic crashes into an iceberg and sinks at the end of the movie

milena87

We just hit 12PM here, which means...

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday!

i feel like i spend most of my time in photoshop instead on the actual game when playing the witness

got two lasers down now

some fun stuff in the desert area, definitely much easier than the nightmare of tetris panels in the swamp

I struggled with the Tetris panels as well, then they clicked and all was well, then the game introduced a new kind of tetromino. Back to struggling.

kagamin

The post below contains major Dangan Ronpa spoilers. Don't click if you haven't played the game.

Aerith dies
Bruce Willis was dead all along
Rosebud is the sled
Lord Vader is Luke's father
Titanic crashes into an iceberg and sinks at the end of the movie

You're an evil monster you know no one can resist the spoilers!

Tizoc

why do people keep bringing up the rosebud thing? What does it mean or its significance within the context of the movie? U see it brought up but even the person who mentions it would not know what it is about

kagamin

why do people keep bringing up the rosebud thing? What does it mean or its significance within the context of the movie? U see it brought up but even the person who mentions it would not know what it is about

Yea you're right! The cane is way more significant!

Ludens

Banned

Rosebud is basically the memory of the unique happy moment in the entire life of Kane before he left his parents' house, I don't know about people using it, too often is out of context anyway.

Also happy birthday to the fellow dude who turns 22!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I'm gonna spoiler this just in case someone here has yet to sit and watch Citizen Kane:

At the beginning of the movie, Charles Kane mutters the word 'Rosebud' before he dies. Being a major figure in the movie's world, his death and the circumstances surrounding it become a big deal. A reporter interviews friends, 'enemies' and associates of Mr. Kane in hopes of unraveling the secret of what 'Rosebud' is and why he/she/it was so significant to him.

What's revealed to the viewer, but not discovered by anyone in the film, is that Rosebud was the name of the sled he used before he left his family's home. It was one of the last memories he had where he felt he was truly happy, and supposedly hung onto this even as his empire grew and his power reached far and wide. One of the final shots of the film is of the sled being burned, along with many of Mr. Kane's belongings. Thus, the mystery of 'Rosebud' remained unsolved, and died with him as a cherished memory.

Endruen

Well, that kinda sucks. At least they're trying to make up for it. 10 remaked songs sounds great.

Happy birthday, Endruen.

Happy Birthday Endruen.

Happy Birthday, Bernardo and Endruen.

Time to eat cake.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks to everyone, but if someone else wants to wish me a happy birthday, maybe they should send me a PM or tell me through Steam so we don't derail the thread.

I'd wish you happy birthday, but other people don't like that we do that, so i won't, sorry.

Don't let the others tell you what to do.
I appreciate the thought, thanks.

At 12 PM?

Well, Happy birthday!

Thank you. It was 12 PM in Spain, so it was officially 18th of February, even though I was born at 7:30 AM, but who cares, right?

Jadax

Some of y'all need to see Citizen Kane.

I've never understood why people consider this movie to be an all time classic. I found it super boring.

Right, the story implies something nice and it's all about the 'feels' at the end, and how no one bothered to think it could have something to do with his innocence being lost when he was taken away, that there is more to life than money/power etc etc. But does it really deserve the praise it constantly gets?

AHA-Lambda

I admit I never really 'got' Citizen Kane. I mean it was enjoyable, and had a neat twist, but greatest film ever made?

I guess it was more impactful at the time.
Sums up my feelings on the Beatles quite well too :/

Edit: well there you go :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom