• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

7Q19QWT.png

Fast response!

they fixed most of the issues with the mobile version when they ported them to the 3DS, though. typos were corrected along with performance hitches and the correct (DS) soundtracks were used for all 3 of the games. The 3DS version is basically the best HDish version of the first 3 games.

Oh that's right they ported the older games to the 3DS, forgot about that.

7Q19QWT.png

Fast response!

I really do feel for Shini, never gets a break when it comes to Arcsys stuff happening on Steam.

Arthea

not that it changes anything, we had one game - Talos that had different price.

still sucks for a poor part of Europe, but not like anybody cares about us anyway.

Shiness is looking good. Just started watching the trailer from that other thread. This is getting a PC release right.

It was almost released several months ago, but as it was far from finished devs changed their mind and yanked a game from steam (yeah, it had store page, I still have it wishlisted)

steam release is given, yes. The game was kickstarted with steam in mind.

MUnited83

For you.
Why expected? I dont get the reason. People in eastern europe earn far less than in middle europe, so why do they have to pay double or three times as much as before now when they earn less than half of what "we" earn?

Oh, I'm pissed too, being one one of the poorest "western" europe countries. Not quite as bad of a economic situation than many eastern countries, but definitely much shittier than on countries like germany or france to justify having the same prices. Anyway, I said it was expected since the abolition of it has already been leaked a few months ago I believe. I guess Valve saw that not many devs actually bothered to make prices any different between the two anyways :(

still sucks for a poor part of Europe, but not like anybody cares about us anyway.
There were quite a few games that were cheaper, actually, but yes, Talos was one of the most significant cases.

Knurek

It should have been the other way honestly. EU1 should have been downgraded to EU2.

These days, in Paris, there is a beggar every 50 meters in the streets. Sometimes they fight against each other because there is no enough room for two of them.

And yet, a beggar in Paris makes more money in a week than a working person in Poland or even better, Romania.

dex3108

Instead of playing games i decided to chase apparently unsolvable quest called "Missing DLCs on UPlay". Issue is that if you had ACR and/or AC3 with DLCs before UPlay 3.0 update (or UPlay 4.0) you can't download DLCs on UPlay. There is DLC section but it just has Buy button. Support says that DLC files are now included with main game download but that is not true. So now i am arguing with Ubi support and there is no solution on sight :D But it is serious issue and i will push them hard to solve it.

What else to expect from Valve these days.

Lain

Why expected? I dont get the reason. People in eastern europe earn far less than in middle europe, so why do they have to pay double or three times as much as before now when they earn less than half of what "we" earn?

Maybe expected because there hasn't been much of a difference between EU1 and EU2 prices. You even had the weird prices like Bad Rats being more costly in EU2.

Wok

what difference does it make again when EU2 was always = EU1, as I said, I know only one exception, and I have a bunch of games and usually check prices on steam.

Oh, right. Then please make EU1 <- Russia. When I see that Michonne price...

Dr Dogg

To be fair you can moan about your region being ripped off because it's lumbered with a bunch of others with different economic factors but even those that now have a singular currency represented on Steam you can still get some fucking crazy discrepancy from publish to publisher. One region can have the cheapest price for one product and be among the most expensive for another. Well unless your from Blighty where we regularly get the brunt end of the pricing stick.

Arthea

https://www.steamprices.com/eu2/tracker?p=1

I'm surprised how many were higher on EU2 than EU1.

quite a few of those are rather surprising, as I remember them being priced the same on steam, odd.

I also somehow managed not to notice how many games are priced even higher in EU2!

To be fair you can moan about your region being ripped off because it's lumbered with a bunch of others with different economic factors but even those that now have a singular currency represented on Steam you can still get some fucking crazy discrepancy from publish to publisher. One region can have the cheapest price for one product and be among the most expensive for another. Well unless your from Blighty where we regularly get the brunt end of the pricing stick.

well, there is always a way of Arthea, you just don't buy overpriced games until they meet your price point, simple. Not that we lack of quality games anymore. It can be a bit harder on those that prefer AAA games, but it's their own fault for being so budget aware, no?

Oh well, that's a low price to pay for breaking EU up, is it?
Well, if you manage to do it before Hungary or Poland succeeds

is it your plan?
evil!

Knurek

Oh well, that's a low price to pay for breaking EU up, is it?
Well, if you manage to do it before Hungary or Poland succeeds

is it your plan?
evil!

Our current leaders.
And by proxy tovarich Putin.

Lain

You're EU but refused to drop your Sterling, you deserve the pounding!

Arminsc

So people with low income in e.g. eastern europe have to pay high prices now?

Seems that way, yes.

I wish it was just Talos, some of the changed prices:

- Rust: 13,99€ before, 19,99€ now
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: 10,99€ before, 13,99€ now
- The Talos Principle: 19,99€ before, 39,99€ now
- Endless Legend: 19,99€ before 29,99€ now
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition: 13,99€ before, 19,99€ now
- Killing Floor 2: 19,99€ before, 26,99€ now
- Garry's Mod: 6,99€ before, 9,99€ now

But yeah, talos has the biggest price increase.

Arthea

https://www.steamprices.com/eu2/tracker?p=1

I'm surprised how many were higher on EU2 than EU1.

What is this list?
I just checked some games on steam I remember being priced the same in both EU regions and they are priced the same.
Unless they already changed prices to match

edited: yeah, prices have been already changed, just checked Talos.

"Valve has discontinued the 2-tier pricing system on Steam for European countries"

It says "has discontinued, not "it's going to be discontinued" :p
yeah, already noticed

MUnited83

For you.
What is this list?
I just checked some games on steam I remember being priced the same in both EU regions and they are priced the same.

"Valve has discontinued the 2-tier pricing system on Steam for European countries"

It says "has discontinued, not "it's going to be discontinued" :p

madjoki

What is this list?

edited: yeah, prices have been already changed, just checked Talos.

It's site tracking changes in prices, so those are changes caused by merging of tiers until 9th page or so. So difference between EU1 & EU2.

Well the new mission in The Division beta is a bit more involved and longer than the hospital one in the last beta. Area is pretty cool too and while I did die twice doing it solo because it's slightly harder than the other mission I managed to cheese the boss enemey without him even getting a shot off at me.

Also there's less dogs but more people out on the streets, peeps are still dicks in the Dark Zone but there's 2 new Legendary guns in there that have some nice perks on them. Oh and the reward for completing the new story mission in a new skill (I won't spoil what it is but you can kind of know if you look in the menu). Plus there's also some daily challenge stuff going on with a reward for all participant and a unique reward for the player with the most in the activity. Today it's helping survivors by giving them medkits.

Anyway only game I'm likely to cry over right now is seeing folks playing Fire Emblem Fates before there's even a EU release date :(

Damn you Nintendo and your cursed region locking! I know Awakenings came out about 2 months after the NA release but did that even have any other supported languages other than English?

You know I was kind of thinking Limbo of the Lost would take the cake as the closest thing to Plan 9 but...

Well didn't know this was a thing. See guys Konami isn't that bad after all.
I was unreasonably close to buying an American 3DS just to play Fates. The fact that I have Enemy Within to finish is pretty much why I didn't do it.

I was unreasonably close to buying an American 3DS just to play Fates. The fact that I have Enemy Within to finish is pretty much why I didn't do it.

Hang tight, I'm sure a release date announcement for your region is right around the corner. I'd be surprised if EU didn't get the game within the next 3 months or so.
Meanwhile I'm sweating because Amazon hasn't shipped out one of my special edition orders, which they started doing over 24 hours ago. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.

Back on topic, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but the Disgaea soundtrack on Steam will only be available for pre-orders. And they've had to cut the soundtrack down from the originally promised full 32 tracks to a 10 track sample. Apparently it's an issue with the rights to distribute the soundtrack. Very strange problem to run into less than a week before release, especially for an established publisher like NISA.

Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, the amazing graphics allowed me to tolerate the C-tier direct to video writing. A pretty game with very little else.

Arthea

that's an odd bundle, so what about Sacred 3?

Pay only $6.99 and Get these 2 great games!

Sacred 2 Gold (STEAM)
Metro 2033 Redux (STEAM) + :tradingcard:

Pay only $12.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 6 Steam Games!

Metro: Last Light Redux (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Sacred 3 Gold (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Sacred Citadel (STEAM)
Sacred Citadel: Jungle Hunt (STEAM)

SACRED 3 GOLD EDITION comes in form of a single Steam key and includes the following elements:

Sacred 3 (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Sacred 3. Orcland Story (STEAM)
Sacred 3: Malakhim Hero (STEAM)
Sacred 3: Orc of Thrones (STEAM)
Sacred 3: Underworld Story (STEAM)
Sacred 3: Z4ngr13f Weapon Spirit (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/sacredmetro

I mean do I even want Sacred 3?
The price seems to be lowest for the package

Ludens

Banned
that's an odd bundle, so what about Sacred 3?

Pay only $6.99 and Get these 2 great games!

Sacred 2 Gold (STEAM)
Metro 2033 Redux (STEAM) + :tradingcard:

Pay only $12.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 6 Steam Games!

Metro: Last Light Redux (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Sacred 3 Gold (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Sacred Citadel (STEAM)
Sacred Citadel: Jungle Hunt (STEAM)

SACRED 3 GOLD EDITION comes in form of a single Steam key and includes the following elements:

Sacred 3 (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Sacred 3. Orcland Story (STEAM)
Sacred 3: Malakhim Hero (STEAM)
Sacred 3: Orc of Thrones (STEAM)
Sacred 3: Underworld Story (STEAM)
Sacred 3: Z4ngr13f Weapon Spirit (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/sacredmetro

I mean do I even want Sacred 3?
The price seems to be lowest for the package

The game should be garbage and also I remember posts by Frosty saying it run very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom