• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Why do i always have connection issues with fighting games? 9/10 times i can't connect to a friend or find people on matchmaking. And when i do it sometimes lags.

SFIV, SFV, GGXRD, and some others.

All other online games work perfectly fine for me. Just fighting games don't.

Uzzy

Why do i always have connection issues with fighting games? 9/10 times i can't connect to a friend or find people on matchmaking. And when i do it sometimes lags.

SFIV, SFV, GGXRD, and some others.

All other online games work perfectly fine for me. Just fighting games don't.

You do have a wired connection right?

I liked the writing and characters of uncharted but prefer the gameplay in the new TR games much much more.

It wasn't till the last of us that naughty dog got the gameplay to actually be as enjoyable as the rest of the package.

It wasn't until The Last of Us that they finally delivered something worthy of that awards they were winning for writing. Uncharted and Uncharted 3 were fun, but they were like one of those Summer action movies that doesn't really win anything come award season. TLoU... I didn't think it would honestly be so good. And Nolan North's performance is absolutely mind-blowing.

Story I'd give to the Uncharted series because it's actually self-aware that it's a tongue-in-cheek, cinematic shoot-bang.

I wouldn't classify the writing in any of the Uncharted games to be "self-aware" or "tongue in cheek". The "cinematic shoot-bang" is right on though.

Arthea

ebi-hime does great stuff. I recommend every one of his/her games on Steam, every one is pretty well written.

I recommend playing The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns
[IMGhttp://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/429940/header.jpg?t=1452037173[/IMG
Short, good and free

yo! thanks for reminding me I planned to play it, need to install again, as it got removed from my games to play list as my HD died and I moved from pc to laptop.
I wonder which else free games I forgot I planned to play because of that.

Yeah I liked it for what it was (a co-op brawler) instead of what it should have been (open world diablo clone) because of its name. I also liked it because I found the storytelling silly (it's meant to not be taken seriously, but the humour can definitely be hit or miss). Add the fact that I paid the Russian price for it and I learned about some of the changes (no loot) just a little bit before release, so I wasn't expecting much and because of that my experience with it was fine.

Frost had problems with the game after some patch or something, I don't remember if he ever managed to fix that.

You know what? I'm going to buy it, thanks, although I'm not sure I'll find somebody to play it with. Have you played it alone?

2-8 hours, I guess, depending on how fast you read and whether you want to go through all routes.
I see it's already in my to play category, thanks anyway

rtcn63

Really? Drake and the other characters seem to be for the most part aware of what they're intended to be. Crackin' jokes while moving down hundreds of dozens, coincidental plot devices, etc. And I'm not necessarily saying the writing is good, but that it doesn't try to be more than what's being sold in the colored-in newspaper adverts.

Messiah

I play fighting games on wifi for the true experience.

I always play on WiFi, no problem.

yutRrqm.gif

At least for fighting games that's the worst.

Guess the DR discount ends in a week. Gives me time to debate whether I really want to buy it. Also kudos for including FLAC files along with MP3.

I don't know what I'm looking at exactly, but it's making me feel uncomfortable.

You've already experienced mod life. Now, your school life awaits.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It seems (according to a giant banner on Steam) that Plague Inc is out of Early Access. I bought it almost 2 years ago and haven't played it much since then, but even then it was pretty great.

Really? Drake and the other characters seem to be for the most part aware of what they're intended to be. Crackin' jokes while moving down hundreds of dozens, coincidental plot devices, etc. And I'm not necessarily saying the writing is good, but that it doesn't try to be more than what's being sold in the colored-in newspaper adverts.

yo i didnt say that lol

It wasn't until The Last of Us that they finally delivered something worthy of that awards they were winning for writing. Uncharted and Uncharted 3 were fun, but they were like one of those Summer action movies that doesn't really win anything come award season. TLoU... I didn't think it would honestly be so good. And Nolan North's performance is absolutely mind-blowing.

well, i was comparing the writing directly to the last TR games. As far as comparing the writing in general, yeah, it's no fallout new vegas or anything.

I can tell you what happened in all 3 uncharted games (the vita one not so much) yet you could waterboard me and i have zero memory of the plot of TR2013. I do remember certain set pieces and loving the gameplay, though.

Arthea

my activity feed is all in despair right now, such a nice sight to behold

also I get no confirmation e-mail from make war not love bundle, anybody in the same situation? there is no repeat confirmation e-mail option as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom