• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

I want to believe Volvo discontinuing Tier 2 means they will try to get individual pricing for different European countries.

Arthea

The game should be garbage and also I remember posts by Frosty saying it run very bad.

I remember I think Lain kinda liking it or something?
I don't remember frostie posting about it, tbh

anybody else played it?

I want to believe Volvo discontinuing Tier 2 means they will try to get individual pricing for different European countries.

not gonna happen, at least not for those in Euro zone

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178513.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blacklight Retribution DLC -- MB-DDC6FBC7C0E66206 - Taken by UnderWaterTree

Uzzy

Rate of fire too low would not use...just like last game, killing with pistol headshots are so much more efficient.

There's even a post credits sequel hook, what makes CD thinks that the story is engaging enough for people to care lol?

But it has the best writing in video games from last year. The WGA said so. So clearly people would care about something that good!

Rate of fire too low would not use...just like last game, killing with pistol headshots are so much more efficient.

There's even a post credits sequel hook, what makes CD thinks that the story is engaging enough for people to care lol?

ROF is low, but lock on headshotting 3 at time works pretty well.

When that doesn't work I use the shotty.

Turfster

What are you talking about, I've done everything so far with bow headshots only.
Are you guys playing with a... controller?

Also, has anyone gotten their squenix actual hitman beta key mail yet?
It's all well and good to start the preload from the 17th, but if you're not sending out keys...

MUnited83

For you.

8/10, would fap to long dead English poets again.

ebi-hime does great stuff. I recommend every one of his/her games on Steam, every one is pretty well written.

I recommend playing The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns

Short, good and free

There's several different bows. One of them is pretty damn quick, and still kills on headshot. The pistol sadly doesn't, at least on the difficulty i'm playing on.

Lain

I remember I think Lain kinda liking it or something?
I don't remember frostie posting about it, tbh

anybody else played it?

Yeah I liked it for what it was (a co-op brawler) instead of what it should have been (open world diablo clone) because of its name. I also liked it because I found the storytelling silly (it's meant to not be taken seriously, but the humour can definitely be hit or miss). Add the fact that I paid the Russian price for it and I learned about some of the changes (no loot) just a little bit before release, so I wasn't expecting much and because of that my experience with it was fine.

Frost had problems with the game after some patch or something, I don't remember if he ever managed to fix that.

What are you talking about, I've done everything so far with bow headshots only.
Are you guys playing with a... controller?

Yes.

Lock on headshots OP

Also, has anyone gotten their squenix actual hitman beta key mail yet?
It's all well and good to start the preload from the 17th, but if you're not sending out keys...

Nope. Last email I have from them is saying they'll send it out. Nothing today either.

Messiah

So, I bought Gone Home. Plugged in a wired xbox one controller. Installed the Drivers. Launch Gone Home and the menu acts as if I have the left dpad or joystick being held down. All other games work fine.

What gives?

Do you have a flightstick or racing wheel plugged in by any chance?

So, I bought Gone Home. Plugged in a wired xbox one controller. Installed the Drivers. Launch Gone Home and the menu acts as if I have the left dpad or joystick being held down. All other games work fine.

What gives?
Have you tried calibrating the joystick?

Also, not Gone Home, but I've seen a lot of people run into that exact problem with Street Fighter IV, due to software such as vjoy. Might be worth trying to disable any joystick related middleware you have installed, and see if that helps.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

What gives?

I don't have an answer for you, but the same thing happened to me when playing Blues and Bullets. It was a downright pain to manage the sections that required the use of the D-Pad.

It is almost exactly like the original X-Com games. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it is a different beast from the firaxis games. Way harder and unforgivable.

nevvvverrrrrrminnnndddd lol. I have to constantly save scum on normal difficulty for xcom and that's stressful enough as it is.

Maybe i'll finally play the shadowrun turn based games instead

I tried playing BLOPS with my steam controller, it was impossible. I didnt change any settings so maybe that is why. Anyone able to play an FPS well with a steam controller?

Ban Puncher

cotzw1X.gif

I haven't tried calibrating it. I feel dumb for asking but how would I go about doing this?

I know for a fact I do not have Vjoy. I read someone on a forum mention disbaling that as well.
I don't know what it's called in English, but you should have an entry for something like USB gaming devices if you search the start menu. That program shows your joysticks, and allows you to calibrate them.

I dont even know what that means, keep in mind this is the first time I have used my steam controller. I will try to look at different loadouts.

oh then yeah there's definitely a learning curve. you might want to find a community profile that at least has the right pad set to either mouse or mouse-like joystick, depending on whether the game supports the former or not.

Gyro controls are basically like what Splatoon does on the Wii U if you've played that, or what some shooters on the vita did when that thing was relevant: you move the controller itself to aim.

The game should be garbage and also I remember posts by Frosty saying it run very bad.

When I installed Win10, the problems with that game cleared up. Ran a 60+ no problems.

Movement is kind of slow and I don't know that I'd really recommend the game if you don't play it co-op with someone else. It's a generic brawler/hack and slash, which is why all the reviews were trashing it for "not being a Sacred game". It might play more like an isometric Sacred Citadel* though...

*I have not played Sacred Citadel yet, though it's on the co-op list for play with Ningen at some point. However, I know Sacred Citadel is something along the lines of a D&D:Chronicles of Mystara, so the combat comparison/level structure is likely to hold, I would think.

It's so fucking bad.

At least the bow is legit.

It's not that bad. It's generic-ish "Uncharted" plot and writing. And it's still miles ahead of Uncharted 2 in terms of story and writing.

Story doesn't have to be "engaging for enough people" to sell or warrant a sequel. Look at the Gears of War trilogy. Look at the Uncharted trilogy (+ Golden Abyss). Look the Killzone games. Look at the 7 main line Resident Evil games.

ROF is low, but lock on headshotting 3 at time works pretty well.

When that doesn't work I use the shotty.

The military rifle works pretty nice, especially with the silencer and a few upgrades.
CD really needs to patch in the ability to remove attachments from weapons though... it's not the end of the world that your handguns are forever silenced... but if you have other options, you may not care and would rather remove the silly looking silencer (or remove the attachment [that I don't even know where it came from] that changes the shotgun spread).

That Bow technique can be super overpowered if you're using stealth (and it's functioning correctly).

Sacred 3 is a lot of fun, for some reason it's just not optimized for some drivers or something.

Yeah, we mostly had a good time. ;)
I still don't know what the hell was wrong with my Win8.1 install that was killing the framerate in Sacred 3. I wonder if it fixed the other games who would just have the framerate dwindle to single digits.

It's completely different from the old Sacred games, but it's still good and a lot of fun, specially in coop.

Yeah, for the most part. Though you need to make sure both parties have the same DLC. So playing with a cheap ass who hasn't picked up a Sacred 3 Gold key or the same DLC you have means you get to uninstall it and not play with those particular DLCs. ;)

That part is really shitty. I can understand maybe the extra story levels being designed like that, but usually when games patch in extra characters/abilities/etc. they make it so you can play with those who bought it, you just can't use them yourself unless you unlock them.

oh then yeah there's definitely a learning curve. you might want to find a community profile that at least has the right pad set to either mouse or mouse-like joystick, depending on whether the game supports the former or not.

Gyro controls are basically like what Splatoon does on the Wii U if you've played that, or what some shooters on the vita did when that thing was relevant: you move the control itself to aim.

Ah makes sense, I will check out some community profiles tonight.

tuxfool

Banned
Uncharted 2 writing isn't exactly Shakespeare but it is certainly much much better than the shitshow that Rise and TR2013 are.

Truly. It understands what it is. Also the TR writers seem to have some bullshit grandiose ideas as to what their shit tier characters represent.

Whenever I read anything said by the TR writers I can only shake my head. They have a strong case of head up rear syndrome.

Knurek

What betrayal is in store for us today?
Humble Dakimakura Bundle with all your favorite Winged Cloud games?
Humble Cryptolocker Bundle with all games infected by a different 0-day exploit ransomware?
Humble Fallout 4 Bundle? Pay $1 for some wallpapers, Beat the average of $70 to get Fallout 4 and a third, $120 tier with Fallout 4 and Fallout 4 Season Pass?

What betrayal is in store for us today?
Humble Dakimakura Bundle with all your favorite Winged Cloud games?
Humble Cryptolocker Bundle with all games infected by a different 0-day exploit ransomware?
Humble Fallout 4 Bundle? Pay $1 for some wallpapers, Beat the average of $70 to get Fallout 4 and a third, $120 tier with Fallout 4 and Fallout 4 Season Pass?

Humble Windows Store Bundle.

I liked the writing and characters of uncharted but prefer the gameplay in the new TR games much much more.

It wasn't till the last of us that naughty dog got the gameplay to actually be as enjoyable as the rest of the package.

MUnited83

For you.
Truly. It understands what it is. Also the TR writers seem to have some bullshit grandiose ideas as to what their shit tier characters represent.

Whenever I read anything said by the TR writers I can only shake my head. They have a strong case of head up rear syndrome.

I'm convinced that the TR writers live in a echo chamber where everyone on the team constantly tells them how good and deep they are and they end up convincing themselves of it. In reality it just comes across as cliched empty garbage.

fantomena

Lol, when I think about it, I don't really know if i want the new high-end Pascal cards to release asap or to be far off:

Asap: I will know the price, but I will be super tempted to buy it even if i don't have the money. And I want my GTX 690 to retire asap because 2 GB VRAM is too little (it does have 4 GB VRAM ,but I can't use all of it) and I hate that I need SLI support for most games these days. Super annoying.

Far off: More time to spare money, but I don't know the price so I don't know how much I need. Also, I want to retire my GTX 690 asap.

rtcn63

I liked the writing and characters of uncharted but prefer the gameplay in the new TR games much much more.

It wasn't till the last of us that naughty dog got the gameplay to actually be as enjoyable as the rest of the package.

Gameplay-wise for me it's

TR 2013 > Uncharted 1 + 2 (haven't played 3)
Uncharted 2 > RoTR

Story I'd give to the Uncharted series because it's actually self-aware that it's a tongue-in-cheek, cinematic shoot-bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom