• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
my activity feed is all in despair right now, such a nice sight to behold

also I get no confirmation e-mail from make war not love bundle, anybody in the same situation? there is no repeat confirmation e-mail option as far as I can see.

it can take a few minutes to get the e-mail confirm stuff...and after that it says it can take up to 24 hours to get a key

Lomax

*I have not played Sacred Citadel yet, thoughpit's on the co-op list for play with Ningen at some point. However, I know Sacred Citadel is something along the lines of a D&D:Chronicles of Mystara, so the combat comparison/level structure is likely to hold, I would think.

I haven't played Sacred 3 (never put a lot of time into Sacred 2 either) but Sacred Citadel is absolutely awful, the worst game in that genre I can remember playing. It's super slow and super simple.

The make war not love website doesn't seem to be functioning for Chrome. i loaded up edge and it worked fine. Still haven't received the email with codes but they said it could take 24 hours. I did get the subscription confirmation.

strafer

i hate waiting...I wanna play now..

giphy.gif

Maniac

Banned
It seems (according to a giant banner on Steam) that Plague Inc is out of Early Access. I bought it almost 2 years ago and haven't played it much since then, but even then it was pretty great.

Last I heard it got a pretty cool "coop" gamemode. Definitely gonna pick it up eventually; Paid full price on Google Play a good while ago and definitely got my moneys' worth ten times over.

Parsnip

I didn't grab SF5 because Ibuki isn't in yet, and knowing what I know now, I feel pretty good about that decision.

So, I bought Gone Home. Plugged in a wired xbox one controller. Installed the Drivers. Launch Gone Home and the menu acts as if I have the left dpad or joystick being held down. All other games work fine.

What gives?
I'm going to guess you are on Win10.
Some Unity games don't play nice with the way MS changed the xinput stuff for the Win10 drivers.
This also affected FF13 and FF13-2 because they used some inhouse xinput wrapper I guess.

Supposedly MS has a fix in the pipeline that fixes the FF games, but I don't know if affected Unity games will also work after the driver update is out.

UltraJay

I didn't realize Make War Not Love allowed you to play the games for free during the promotion. I'll be too busy with the free weekend with Cities but I don't seemed to have any way to install CoH2 or anything if I wanted to. I installed Cities by clicking "FREE WEEKEND".

Eila

Didn't expect Danganronpa to be so pricey here in Brazil. Welp, guess I'll have to put it on hold for a while. Bummer :(

Seems priced in line with other $30 games when converted to regional pricing. I don't think $13.86 is too much for it.
That said, I just spent a good chunk of my steam wallet on the new CS: GO contract.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hm, I installed the same benchmark and it has no DX12 option. And I thought 970 is fully DX12 compatible DX
Might be a kink of Unigine since this article lashman replied to me with on twitter suggest Win10 gives slightly better results (http://www.*****************/2015/0...omparison-which-os-grants-better-performance/). Still weirded me out tbh.

Basically, DX12.0 is something of a "lite" version of DX12 and DX12.1 is the full version. The 980 and its ilk support the former whereas the somewhat newer Titan X and 980 Ti support the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom