• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
Basically, DX12.0 is something of a "lite" version of DX12 and DX12.1 is the full version. The 980 and its ilk support the former whereas the somewhat newer Titan X and 980 Ti support the latter.

I'm not sure how that is possible given that all those GPUs are exactly the same architecture. Maxwell V1, Kepler and Fermi support DX12 and Maxwell V2 support 12.1.

Basically, DX12.0 is something of a "lite" version of DX12 and DX12.1 is the full version. The 980 and its ilk support the former whereas the somewhat newer Titan X and 980 Ti support the latter.
Nothing can ever be easy can it
( ._.)/ ┻━┻

that's why we can't have nice things

i just have a tough time paying more than $10 for a VN. Free sounds even better so i hope it goes to ps+ now.

If VLR didn't go PS+ i wouldn't have gotten back into VNs in the first place. It made me go buy 999 on my ipad and now im playing the Ace Attorney games and adding daggedrogers to my wishlist.

so sometimes free is good

i just have a tough time paying more than $10 for a VN. Free sounds even better so i hope it goes to ps+ now.

If VLR didn't go PS+ i wouldn't have gotten back into VNs in the first place. It made me go buy 999 on my ipad and now im playing the Ace Attorney games and adding daggedrogers to my wishlist.

so sometimes free is good
I put a price on the number of hours of enjoyment that I get from a game, regardless of genre. I'll happily spend £18 on Danganronpa because it sounds like a great 20+ hour experience. Less than £1 per hour of great gameplay is a bargain, in my view.

MUnited83

For you.
Solid 1$, and 2.80$ for Dead State...
latest

Lomax

Dead State and Grim Fandango for $3 seems well worth it and if somehow you don't already have Speedrunners everyone loves it. Divekick can be pretty amusing as well.

I put a price on the number of hours of enjoyment that I get from a game, regardless of genre. I'll happily spend £18 on Danganronpa because it sounds like a great 20+ hour experience. Less than £1 per hour of great gameplay is a bargain, in my view.

but some of my favorite games are like 6-8 hours long. I don't work on a playtime=dollars ratio, as a matter of fact i would prefer shorter games with better pacing than longer games where things are dragged out.

So yeah, it's just what i perceive the value of VNs to be at. While most of the VNs i've played take 15-30 hours to finish, i just don't wish to pay more than like $10 for them. That's just my personal limit on that genre.

but im also a cheapass in general so i wouldn't take that as much of anything. I haven't paid full retail/day one price for a game in years. I think the last time i did was Advanced Warfare on the PS4

yo i didnt say that lol

well, i was comparing the writing directly to the last TR games. As far as comparing the writing in general, yeah, it's no fallout new vegas or anything.

I can tell you what happened in all 3 uncharted games (the vita one not so much) yet you could waterboard me and i have zero memory of the plot of TR2013. I do remember certain set pieces and loving the gameplay, though.

I could tell you the basic plot of all 6 of them, though Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a little fuzzy and I've erased as much as I could of Uncharted 2 from my brain (but still remember most of it unfortunately).

And from what I've played of F:NV, I have no idea why some of you seem to think it's a masterpiece. :shrug:

1$ tier is nice, but i already have everything. Meh.

Only for speedrunners, unless INK is something special. I don't seem to own it though, so I must wonder if it's worth the $1 by itself.

I always wanted to play Danganronpa but didn't want a Vita.
I'll give them 26$ for saving me from buying a Vita.

They should be giving you $26. The Vita is an amazing little handheld and it's a shame that it's met with a terrible fate in NA. At least Japan seems to love it. :3

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Shit, this weekly bundle was a trap.

The average sunk so low that I had to buy it at 2.84, and now Party Hard is only like 5 bucks away from that.

I could tell you the basic plot of all 6 of them, though Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a little fuzzy and I've erased as much as I could of Uncharted 2 from my brain (but still remember most of it unfortunately).

And from what I've played of F:NV, I have no idea why some of you seem to think it's a masterpiece. :shrug:

i remember something about a sun queen and natives and a curse maybe?

that's all i remember from the plot of TR2013. As a matter of fact, when i loaded ROTTR to just see how it runs, I was surprised that guy was with her because i thought for sure all her friends died in tr2013.

i'll ignore the FNV comment because no one is perfect

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-47C42A455B3F21D5 - Taken by Kifimbo. 13 entrants total.
INK -- MB-D533016AB3E8837C - Taken by fspm. 7 entrants total.

t1455823793z1.png

Video games I don't want.
Maybe you do?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not sure how that is possible given that all those GPUs are exactly the same architecture. Maxwell V1, Kepler and Fermi support DX12 and Maxwell V2 support 12.1.

Ah, that's probably what I was thinking of.

Edit: I don't think the Steam version of Yohjo Simulator is going to be patched. It's been two-and-a-half months since Sekai announced that intention but the app hasn't been touched at all and four hours ago I was told "we have no further information".

yuraya

ModBot said:
Instructions for yuraya:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yuraya, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-2131686272F6F18E - Taken by Dragon1893. 1 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-AFF8C2F799E1AE68 - Taken by pantsattack. 2 entrants total.

t1455824213z1.png

Vlad

More stuff:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Divekick -- MB-BA72080534B81D2E - Taken by PandaPedinte. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dead State: Reanimated -- MB-646654564A223A69 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 29 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-DEB0227D35C15ABB - Taken by laserlaser. 3 entrants total.

t1455834173z1.png

Ah, that's probably what I was thinking of.

Edit: I don't think the Steam version of Yohjo Simulator is going to be patched. It's been two-and-a-half months since Sekai announced that intention but the app hasn't been touched at all and four hours ago I was told "we have no further information".

I still wonder who reported that game to Valve. I mean I think the people who bought that game wouldnt really be pissed about such scene.

Knurek

Helpful reminder to people playing Dangan Ronpa for the first time:

STAY OFF THE INTERNET
REALLY
IT'S CHOCK FULL OF SPOILERS
MASSIVE SPOILERS THAT WILL ROB YOU OUT OF ANY ENJOYMENT YOU SHOULD DERIVE FROM PLAYING THE GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom