• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Whenever there's a giveaway like that I always have ot fiddle with noscript to give permissions to the right scripts so I can enter. Sometimes there are dozens of scripts that want to run.

I know im late on everything but the Shovel Knight DLC is a ton of fun. I would've paid for this DLC, it's dripping in quality and already is one of my favorite DLCs for anything ever.

Adr1ft got a Steam Store page:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3..._medium=SteamDB&utm_campaign=SteamDB App Page

I did it, I'm gonna be working at a veterinary clinic in two weeks!

Go to hell mcdonalds.

Congratulations, that's great!

And here's a Grim Fandango key if anyone wants it:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ucchedavāda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-C08CD3D9609B31DA - Taken by Blu(e). 10 entrants total.

t1455829613z1.png

Parsnip

I wonder if Wadjet Eye is ever going to move from AGS to some other engine.
I suppose it continues to fit their needs and there's no reason to move, but man last I tried AGS it was clunky as hell. Makes me wonder if a modern engine with modern dev tools would work for them at all.

Amazon, with everyone else.
Everyone who wasn't asleep at the time.

:(

honest question: on a scale of Virtue's Last Reward to MGSV, how pervy does dangyronppapa get?

There was some fanservice stuff that VLR did that bothered me a bit but it looks like ZE3 will rein that in. Just asking because i want to be able to play dangerranger on the tv without feeling like i should make sure my wife isnt home

Messiah

honest question: on a sale of Virtue's Last Reward to MGSV, how pervy does dangyronppapa get?

There was some fanservice stuff that VLR did that bothered me a bit but it looks like ZE3 will rein that in. Just asking because i want to be able to play dangerranger on the tv without feeling like i should make sure my wife isnt home

Danganronpa 1 has only like one scene that is a bit fanservicey iirc and even that is optional.

Well dangitronpaul has an anime lady with some cleavage.
She's probably in high school or something.
And this.

Phawx

You inject a DLL (with your code) into a process, not inject "into a DLL". The gist is correct, you do this in order to add functionality to, say, a game, and you do this by hijacking some calls and performing additional processing.

Thanks for the correction

Parsnip

Well dangitronpaul has an anime lady with some cleavage.
She's probably in high school or something.

So get your kleenex ready.

Hektor

honest question: on a scale of Virtue's Last Reward to MGSV, how pervy does dangyronppapa get?

There was some fanservice stuff that VLR did that bother me a bit but it looks like ZE3 will rein that in. Just asking because i want to be able to play dangerranger on the tv without feeling like i should make sure my wife isnt home

DR1 got like 3 or 4 fanservice moments in the enitre game, those will probably bother you if you don't like it, but it's not much overall. And well, Monokuma makes some lewd jokes here and there.

DR2 got a bit more, but if you think DR1 is/was managable, you'll think the same way there.

DR:AE tho, the shooter spin-off, can be considered a hentai game at moments, that one you probably don't want to play ever. Not a huge loss tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So when I eventually get online to sort of work in SFV it's not quite the peachy experience I've been hearing about. I don't know if Spain and Italy have questionable internet but dealing with a teleporting Rashid is in-fucking-uriating. Watching back the replay of that makes me look like I'm just sat there doing nothing half the time. France not so bad and Germany is a-ok but any further a field than that and the peeps I'm getting paired up with outside of that are lagging like crazy. Even when searching myself and setting 5 as connection status that's what I get paired up with. It's bad enough dealing with an additional 2 frames of latency with my TV. Hate to think what it would be like if me and Rhaknar could connect to each others lobbies.

Lag is the one thing I havent come upon against. I cant use lobbies (as you know), and I either dont get matches at all, or ill get some for like an hour, and then it stops popping up again. theres no rhyme or reason to it.

but no lag, sorry Doogie.

Danganronpa 1 has only like one scene that is a bit fanservicey iirc and even that is optional.

And this.

DR1 got like 3 or 4 fanservice moments in the enitre game, those will probably bother you if you don't like it, but it's not much overall. And well, Monokuma makes some lewd jokes here and there.

DR2 got a bit more, but if you think DR1 is/was managable, you'll think the same way there.

DR:AE tho, the shooter spin-off, can be considered a hentai game at moments, that one you probably don't want to play ever. Not a huge loss tho.

alright, seems to not be too bad then. I'll keep it on my steam wishlist. Thanks!

Is the GTA for PSP any good?
the ones that are like their PS2 counterparts are kinda not that good. They feel like crappy b-team GTAs.

However, Chinatown Wars is fantastic and well worth your wallet funds

More pervy than VLR, but not by much. The sadistic antagonist will make some pervy jokes from time to time, but the guy's a psychopathic robot bear, so who cares.

Ozium

so you people who buy with rubles via russian store and ultra cheap prices but are clearly not russian

how do you do it.

Soulflarz

Banned
quote for divekick

one of these days ill be autobanned from modbot for always redeeming but never giving away from it

am I already a demon mods?

I wonder if Wadjet Eye is ever going to move from AGS to some other engine.
I suppose it continues to fit their needs and there's no reason to move, but man last I tried AGS it was clunky as hell. Makes me wonder if a modern engine with modern dev tools would work for them at all.

Everyone who wasn't asleep at the time.

:(

Now you know how we Europeans feel when NewEgg has $1 misprices :p

Speaking of Hitman, did anyone get a code after redeeming the one that Amazon sent?

wonder how GungHo feels about Grandia II's sales? It's nearly at 50k but i don't know if those actually good numbers. I mean it was a simple port, sure, but i wonder if they wanted Valkyria Chronicles' type of numbers or if they're okay with Xseed RPG type of figures.

Jawmuncher

wonder how GungHo feels about Grandia II's sales? It's nearly at 50k but i don't know if those actually good numbers. I mean it was a simple port, sure, but i wonder if they wanted Valkyria Chronicles' type of numbers or if they're okay with Xseed RPG type of figures.

Consider how niche grandia is these days, seems good to me. Especially as you said it was a impulse port.

ModBot said:
Instructions for UnderWaterTree:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (UnderWaterTree, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DiveKick -- MB-D591B8153C3AA115 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 6 entrants total.

t1455833214z1.png
Here

Corpekata

Banned

The were teasing other ports on Twitter and here a couple months after release so I imagine they were solid enough sales.

Helpdesk leak had first Grandia and a Lunar in it and they wink wink nudge nudged about them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Endruen, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-40A3AB30B77D3089 - Taken by Catshade. 71 entrants total.
The first game I beat in 2016. Awesome game and probably 2015's GOTY.
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ -- MB-0181C1E3D978401D - Taken by Deques. 35 entrants total.
The last game I beat in 2015. A short kinetic VN. Very emotive and well written.

t1455836268z1.png

mp1990

Banned
Seems priced in line with other $30 games when converted to regional pricing. I don't think $13.86 is too much for it.
That said, I just spent a good chunk of my steam wallet on the new CS: GO contract.

I guess you're right, not sure why i expected any less considering it was sold for $30 on PSN too. Anyways, hope you guys are enjoying it, because things are bound to get even better in the sequel :p

Annubis

Okay guys, just started Pillars.

See you all in Apr... late May.

Have fun with your waifus.

Same here...
Actually started twice.
I made a balanced party the first time with hirelings, then said fuck that, I'm making a gun platoon.
My gun platoon party is really fun.
I even dissed healers and I'm just relying on the new athletic heal and that works out just fine.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Endruen, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-40A3AB30B77D3089 - Taken by Catshade. 71 entrants total.
The first game I beat in 2016. Awesome game and probably 2015's GOTY.
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ -- MB-0181C1E3D978401D - Taken by Deques. 35 entrants total.
The last game I beat in 2015. A short kinetic VN. Very emotive and well written.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Undertale was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1455836808z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom