• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
\o/

ModBot said:
Instructions for laserlaser:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Run -- MB-90BD90A98263C181 - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Mars: War Logs -- MB-D93C6B73F775F3BA - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1 -- MB-B397EA15C6ED31AA - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 2 entrants total.

t1455864235z1.png

Have any of you had a game uninstall from Steam by itself? I just booted up my computer and CSGO is uninstalled....so I see the files in the steam folder but Steam isn't detecting it...

I'd say it did you a favor...

But seriously... is the game still in your library?
If it's still in your library, have you ever moved it between drives?

All of you who managed to forget checking the AW schedule don't deserve shit.

Even if they went, odds are they wouldn't win.

OT not sure theirs a origins community page, but every time I try to boot up MOH I get a error code of 8016 saying a certain security module cannot be activated. Im on windows 10, anyone know how to fix this?

Lets get Dangerous! This ip needs to come back.

I was about to log off my computer for the evening when I noticed that the AMD gaming evolve app was trying to get my attention. Turns out I won the gold price in the monthly giveaway.
Op8AsHr.png

I picked Star Citizen , Alien isolation and Lego Batman 3 which were the only ones I didn't have.

Vamphuntr

Sometimes steam games would refuse to boot on win10 for no reason. I would try to launch a game and steam would show me as playing the game but it wouldn't launch. I managed to solve the issue completely by killing the Xbox process in the task manager. Oh man.

Jawmuncher

I'm surprised how well the steam controller works just with its default settings. Using the touch pad as a second analog works quite well. Still need to try this its dpad capabilities out. Gotta say though I love the back bumpers. I'm using them just about to replace triggers so that my hands rest more comfortably.

Jadax

*The moment you realise you fucked up by not downloading Skyrim when your internet was fast, and are now getting the urge to play it, but you now have a 120kbps connection.

Jawmuncher

*The moment you realise you fucked up by not downloading Skyrim when your internet was fast, and are now getting the urge to play it, but you now have a 120kbps connection.

I know the pain, but not as low. Used to have a 3MB connection. Now i'm at 800KBps

Preloaded the Hitman beta - very excited for this.

And I'm getting a chunk of change back on my income tax. It's been a good month.

I should probably get into Cities: Skylines. Bought the deluxe edition back in December and still haven't played it yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Those DICE awards...ugh. I shouldn't dwell on it though since it's other people's opinions I guess but it still sticks in my mind.

Its fine dude let it go. I wont say anything next year when the witness wins everything.

:3

Hektor

considering the fanbase of this game? I think we will easily see people fixing up the portraits for higher resolutions, recreating assets in HD, changing fonts, etc, hell, even making a completely game out of it by making new cases.

Custom trials would be so dope.
The VN to end all VN's.

Just make everything a danganmod.

Well, it's official, Fallout 4 is the 2015 GOTY and RPGOTY.

Everyone should drink that Bethesda Koolaid.

ugh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Corrosivefrost keeps ducking me in SF5. Fight me coward

I cant play gaffers because lobbies dont work for me ;_;

Ludens

Banned
Corrosivefrost keeps ducking me in SF5. Fight me coward

I cant play gaffers because lobbies dont work for me ;_;

Lobbies don't work for anyone, but yesterday I managed to play with Tizoc, but he is on PS4.
So I think the problem is, lobbies for PC vs PC don't work, while PC vs PS4 work.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Lobbies don't work for anyone, but yesterday I managed to play with Tizoc, but he is on PS4.
So I think the problem is, lobbies for PC vs PC don't work, while PC vs PS4 work.

That's not true I was doing that yesterday with my girlfriend for about an hour and a half both using the PC version.

Rhaknar

Yes they do. Theres plenty of people in the OT where it works fine for them.

And ive tried both pc v pc and pc v ps4

That's not true I was doing that yesterday with my girlfriend for about an hour and a half both using the PC version.

I bet she bodied you too
No pun intended...ok a little intended

Ludens

Banned

Oh, I don't know then. I suspected PC vs PC don't work because, until now, I never managed to complete a match in the lobby, even vs italian people.
I wonder if the "improved lobbies" update will make lobbies work for everyone.

Do you use ethernet cable or wifi?

Mivey

Its fine dude let it go. I wont say anything next year when the witness wins everything.

:3
But The Witness is clearly a game that had mostly artistic/non-commercial interests behind its developement. Blow didn't need to spend 7 years on that game to make back 5 million dollars. He choose to because he is insane
and loves what he does.
Bethesda made a by the numbers sequel, that still felt like it was released half a year early. Sure, the basic game loop is still rather functional, but how does it need any sort of critical adulation, when all the devs have done is, creatively speaking, quoting themselves?

Imagine if The Witcher 4 is you playing as Beralt looking for Biri, his long lost foster child, with the same graphics engine and gameplay as W3 in 2020? Sure, it would still be a great game, but clearly a bit disappointing, right? Now imagine they are doing that for a decade, again and again. That's Bethesda. (I'm focusing here on the story of The Witcher, since that is a major selling point, in the Beth-Fallouts its the basic game loop itself, the story might as well be decoration)

Well, it's official, Fallout 4 is the 2015 GOTY and RPGOTY.

Everyone should drink that Bethesda Koolaid.

MGSV is Adventure Game of the Year, too.

Genres need much better division for awards categories to make any sense at all. Otherwise it should just be a top 20, genre-less "best games of the year "list. Because gawdam they're bringing me down every time they do it this hybrid way, robbing/defaming left and right.

But The Witness is clearly a game that had mostly artistic/non-commercial interests behind its developement. Blow didn't need to spend 7 years on that game to make back 5 million dollars. He choose to because he is insane
and loves what he does.
Bethesda made a by the numbers sequel, that still felt like it was released half a year early. Sure, the basic game loop is still rather functional, but how does it need any sort of critical adulation, when all the devs have done is, creatively speaking, quoting themselves?

Imagine if The Witcher 4 is you playing as Beralt looking for Biri, his long lost foster child, with the same graphics engine and gameplay as W3 in 2020? Sure, it would still be a great game, but clearly a bit disappointing, right? Now imagine they are doing that for a decade, again and again. That's Bethesda. (I'm focusing here on the story of The Witcher, since that is a major selling point, in the Beth-Fallouts its the basic game loop itself, the story might as well be decoration)

It's interesting that this kind of re-iteration tends to lead to franchise fatigue but this just refuses to happen to Bethesda games. They lost me at Oblivion (burned me out so bad that I have yet to finish F3 or FNV) but it seems the number of people enamoured with their games just keeps growing, and they keep feeling more and more different (and dislikable) to me..

Vuze

12 emails later...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman (Beta) -- MB-5CC4D9E9ACAB46F1 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.

t1455872696z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Another piece of advice I would give myself...given that I didn't expect Metal Gear to be so successful: I would tell myself to make something that wouldn't be successful. It would have made things a lot easier. I don't mean to brag with what I'm about to say, but I'm always making adjustments and playing the games I make, and I think to myself, "This is too fun, this is going to make other jobs harder. I need to make it a little more boring, because it's just too good."

Kojima's quote. So now we know why MGSV has those boring sections with Fob, development, soldier's management...because otherwise it would be too good, and future games would be worse compared to it.

He also can't see the problem with VR prices.

Bah, I don't trust this dude anymore.

dex3108

The Division is at first place again on Steam Top Seller list. Cod Ubi actually pull another big IP launch for second time in same generation?

Hektor

Kojima's quote. So now we know why MGSV has those boring sections with Fob, development, soldier's management...because otherwise it would be too good, and future games would be worse compared to it.

He also can't see the problem with VR prices.

Bah, I don't trust this dude anymore.

rCSGed9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom