• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Ayo remember that one time Mickey and Goofy got high on performance boosters?
wgvxTai.jpg

In the game's store page

Thanks

Kojima's quote. So now we know why MGSV has those boring sections with Fob, development, soldier's management...because otherwise it would be too good, and future games would be worse compared to it.

He also can't see the problem with VR prices.

Bah, I don't trust this dude anymore.

Times I wonder if he even knows what he's talking about :V

Ludens

Banned
Just woke up and saw the DICE awards. Now I'm going back to bed. What a joke.

Yesterday since I couldn't sleep I saw a bit of the Kojima/Del Toro Interview.
Del Toro is amazing, but my interested dropped after 10 minutes so I quitted. This morning I checked for news (maybe a new game was announced), but I only found a news regarding Kojima doing, apparently, a new game with a lot of freedom. My interest vanished like Ethan Carter, probably it will be another open world game and we know how "good" is the open world in MGSV.

I don't understand honestly why he can't make a first person survival horror a la PT.
Del Toro is in, like he told yesterday. They could use the Unreal Engine and make great things with it, people will purchase the game on D1 since the interest regarding PT was huge, spamming also a lot of clones in Kickstarter....instead, we'll probably have an open world title in 2025.

I would focus on what I did better, not the worst part of my job.

Wok

I was just checking the global stats of that Reversi game on Steam that I cannot get refunded:

bFFQX06.png

As was my experience, and the experience of Steam users on the forums, the AI was unbeatable past beginner level. Now it is slightly better: people can beat the easy and medium AI. Thet stats are still eloquent: the medium AI has a 95% winrate.
  • beginner AI: 25 % winrate
  • easy AI: 76 % winrate
  • medium AI: 95 % winrate
  • hard AI: 99 % winrate
  • expert AI: 98 % winrate
  • insane AI: 99 % winrate

Previous to the "balance" upade, I was hitting a wall against the medium AI.
YbzA4bY.png

Another update is up for RotTR:
Patch #3:
  • Added new option to disable the camera automatically centering behind the player when strafing.
  • Fixed problems where animals may not appear on a 2nd play-through of the game.
  • Fixed a problem where occasionally the door to the Voice of God tomb is closed and cannot be opened.
  • Fixed a problem causing the game to not start on machines with 32 or more hardware threads.
  • Fixed some foliage flickering when Dynamic Foliage is set to High while the game is running 30fps or lower.
  • Fixed artifacts when SSAO/HBAO+ was enabled in combination with SSAA.
  • A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
183mb.

dex3108

Valve hasn't given an active Steam users number in almost a year. Wonder if it hit a ceiling.

We are talking about same Valve who did nothing about Authentication issues that some members posted in this thread, took few days and tons of pressure to speak about cache issue during Winter Sale, removed EU2 region without telling public...

Valve and communication can't be in same sentence these days.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve hasn't given an active Steam users number in almost a year. Wonder if it hit a ceiling.

The metric is so misleading that I can't imagine it going anywhere but up. Because of that, I don't see it ever being corrected as it'd give the impression that Steam's growth has significantly slowed.

dex3108

The metric is so misleading that I can't imagine it going anywhere but up. Because of that, I don't see it ever being corrected as it'd give the impression that Steam's growth has significantly slowed.

Well they can increase number of days for inactive accounts and get even better numbers XD

Dr Dogg

Just woke up and saw the DICE awards. Now I'm going back to bed. What a joke.

Well asides from the laurels resting at Fallout 4's feet, there's some well deserved nods. Rocket League picking up a fair few, namely the sport, online and spirit awards, stood out. Especially when FIFA is usually a shoe in for the sport gongs from awards.

Saying that if I watched United last night I don't I'd be getting out of bed today in a hurry. The comments section on The Guardian are as civilised as you'd expect. Particularly liked this gem.
Commenter #1: That's it Van Gaal has to go, bring in The Mou!
Commenter #2: No Mourinho is a prick and he'll set United back 15 years.
Commenter #3: While I agree he's a prick, United were pretty good 15 years ago.

Well asides from the laurels resting at Fallout 4's feet, there's some well deserved nods. Rocket League picking up a fair few, namely the sport, online and spirit awards, stood out. Especially when FIFA is usually a shoe in for the sport gongs from awards.

Saying that if I watched United last night I don't I'd be getting out of bed today in a hurry. The comments section on The Guardian are as civilised as you'd expect. Particularly liked this gem.

If LVG does get fired at this point, I hope that we don't get Giggs as an interim manager until Summer. That CL spot looks so far away!

Uzzy

Yeah, but there's also ROTR winning an award for best character. Still, there's always insane awards and huge snubs in any awards show, Citizen Kane didn't even win best picture at the Oscars!

Also, I'd take anyone, absolutely anyone, over Mou at United. The man's a complete cunt and I don't want him within a thousand miles of my club.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, but there's also ROTR winning an award for best character. Still, there's always insane awards and huge snubs in any awards show, Citizen Kane didn't even win best picture at the Oscars!

Also, I'd take anyone, absolutely anyone, over Mou at United. The man's a complete cunt and I don't want him within a thousand miles of my club.

Hey sometimes the really winners take second place. Like Ultravox's Vienna getting beaten to a UK chart No 1 by Joe Dolce's Shut Uppa You Face.

Oh meant to ask you this but you picked up the SFV guide. Does it have proper frame data in it (as in full breakdown on how many frames on startup, active and recover recovery) and if so will the digital version get any updates down the line and such? Cheers in advance.

Some extras I had laying around.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cult of the wind -- MB-190C6EEA641D0A96 - Taken by Coldsun. 1 entrants total.
Coin crypt -- MB-D4C5B6E0CE3DF054 - Taken by ctw0e. 1 entrants total.
Pilot crusader -- MB-18B7522E48C296DA - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

t1455882838z1.png

Uzzy

Hey sometimes the really winners take second place. Like Ultravox's Vienna getting beaten to a UK chart No 1 by Joe Dolce's Shut Uppa You Face.

Oh meant to ask you this but you picked up the SFV guide. Does it have proper frame data in it (as in full breakdown on how many frames on startup, active and recover recovery) and if so will the digital version get any updates down the line and such? Cheers in advance.

Yeah, full frame data. They said that they'll have a years worth of updates to the digital version, so that includes the 6 DLC characters.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, full frame data. They said that they'll have a years worth of updates to the digital version, so that includes the 6 DLC characters.

Perfect, cheers for that. Altogether excuse I can add to the list that I can no longer use for getting wrecked.

Saying that having access to all your matches again via replay, with the ability to see your and your opponents inputs and then record that at a 1:1 framerate (via ShadowPlay) so you can step through 1 frame at a time really highlights where you're going wrong or what you're doing right as well as areas where things might need a little more practice.

Looking through one of the few matches I won (because that was easier to see what worked and what didn't), in the first round even though I only got hit once and blocked pretty much perfectly when needed otherwise, I made 3 execution errors, had 5 or 6 accounts of mashing and pulled off 2 completely unsafe moves that if playing against a competent player would have punished me hard. Being able to scrutinise yourself in this much detail and accuracy and say 'right this is where you fucked up, this is where you should be applying pressure, this is when you should back off, this will get you killed every other time' is a severely under appreciated tool.

Messiah

Perfect, cheers for that. Altogether excuse I can add to the list that I can no longer use for getting wrecked.

Saying that having access to all your matches again via replay, with the ability to see your and your opponents inputs and then record that at a 1:1 framerate (via ShadowPlay) so you can step through 1 frame at a time really highlights where you're going wrong or what you're doing right as well as areas where things might need a little more practice.

Looking through one of the few matches I won (because that was easier to see what worked and what didn't), in the first round even though 1 got hit once and blocked pretty much perfectly when needed otherwise, I made 3 execution errors, had 5 or 6 accounts of mashing and pulled off 2 completely unsafe moves that if playing against a competent player would have punished me hard. Being able to scrutinise yourself in this much detail and accuracy and say 'right this is where you fucked up, this is where you should be applying pressure, this is when you should back off, this will get you killed every other time' is a severely under appreciated tool.

Haven't checked the replays yet, but someone mentioned earlier that you can go through them frame by frame. That feature at least sounds really cool.

Dr Dogg

Haven't checked the replays yet, but someone mentioned earlier that you can go through them frame by frame. That feature at least sounds really cool.

Oh I didn't know you could do it in game. Sounds way better than my convoluted method of recording a replay.

Lain

What the hell is going on with Winged Cloud (Sakura games)?

First they had a "disagreement" with Sekai and then partnered with MangaGamer. Now they broke up with MangaGamer because of "creative differences" and Sekai will publish Sakura Dungeon. Strange

Also I'd like to point out that an early 2016 GOTY contender will release in just a few hours

Maybe Winged Cloud didn't like someone going through their script fixing all the grammar mistakes and typos, so they went back to Sekai.

Jawmuncher

I still really want a serious Nekopara story. The cat people need to rise against the makers for their rights.
I wouldn't stand for only the well off with bells, being able to go outside by themselves. Like what kind of fucked up shit is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom