• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
-You must praise Chairmanchuck, our god of SteamGAF for this generous gift. If not, you will be beheaded by Saoirse Ronan

Tokyo Hosto -- MB-AF8A581DAD09D49F - Taken by septicore
Blue Rose .- -- MB-8060BBBBE3996B4D - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Quantum Conscience -- MB-36C1EF0C7655FED7 - Taken by madjoki
Orion: A Sci-Fi Visual Novel -- MB-09E80203615EFA31 - Taken by UnderWaterTree
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-0A65A37AFCD2B38A - Taken by Kuroyume
Beach Bounce -- MB-D01CB6F299D7AA30 - Taken by Costa1774

Have fun.

Overclocking performance, VRMs, Sound codec+noise Isolation, PCIE lanes, BIOS features, NIC quality/multiple NICs.

Off the top of my head.

So you pay more than double for these "small" things?

LEDs.....always LEDs

Why not just use LED fans then? I mean my PC has a lot of blue LED fans for cooling and some red ones so the GPU gets more power.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Beta -- MB-209BA86324B83F56 - Taken by Baron von Loathsome. 7 entrants total.
Go to beta.hitman.com and enter your Access Code

t1455900597z1.png

dont you hate when you buy a bundle (or something) on sale and then check your email a few hours later to see it was declined (by papal or something) and you have to rebuy at full price :(

Lain

Anime weekend on Bundlestars:

ANIME WEEKEND! Plus win Steam Wallet in new contest!

We've got anime-zing weekend of deals lined up - Save up to 84% on awesome Anime Steam games this weekend!

And our Deal of the Day is 80% off the Manga Maker Comipo Complete Pack - Make your comics with this powerful software and all DLC!

VIEW MANGA MAKER COMIPO COMPLETE PACK
Manga Maker ComiPo! (-80%)
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure (-55%)
200% Mixed Juice (-25%)
ManaCollect (-50%)
How To Take Off Your Mask (-20%)
Loren The Amazon Princess Deluxe (-80%)
VIEW ALL ANIME DEALS

PLAY2WIN - Get gaming with Must Play Bundle to win Steam Wallet!

We've just made the Must Play Bundle even more MUST PLAY!

To celebrate the launch of this incredible bundle, featuring Van Helsing I & II, Neverending Nightmares, Leisure Suit Larry and more, we're giving away three $50 Steam Wallets to lucky gamers just for playing Steam games! Good luck!

ENTER PLAY2WIN CONTEST

rtcn63

I don't actually remember which code I used, so if it doesn't work, I'll send you the other one. That said NO guarantees. Redeem at beta.hitman.com

ModBot said:
Instructions for rtcn63:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rtcn63, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hit Beta -- MB-F6A0D91AB2672D6B - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 6 entrants total.

t1455908518z1.png

Teggy

Is there a way to get Steam to unpack a preload without having to quit the application? I always get stuck with a message that the game hasn't released yet.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
multi monitor question

is it possible to move the image up or down when playing a game on two monitors and one monitor is vertical and the other horizontal?

I have this setup and it would be nice if I just could move the image a bit lower so the top isn't cut off on the right monitor

I know, kind of a fringe case :p

And no, I don't want to rotate the left monitor all the time just for one game :)

AHA-Lambda

Woah shit at the latest update for Consortium 2 O_O

Any backers of the Kickstarter are eligible for free games from that dev in the Consortium series forever!

Pledge now, become eligible to become a SUPER BACKER...
Each and every one of you who has pledged at the Consortium Initiate level or higher on Kickstarter will not only be able to keep your pledge and rewards when the intermission period ends, but will eligible to become a SUPER BACKER with us.
What’s a Super Backer? It means that in the future all games released by iDGi in the Consortium Universe will be free for you. Forever. This will apply to all pledges made up until the ending of our Kickstarter campaign, so if you’re sitting at the $5.00 pledge, or on the fence about pledging, you’ve only got a limited time to take advantage of this. There will be some more information next week on how this will work from a technical standpoint.

AHA-Lambda

that is both amazing and kinda sad. They must be incredibly desperate for their KS to make it, man.

Sucks because they deserve more love

Yeah definitely it's sad :(

Anyway I should have prefaced with this, the above is only one part of the radical plan!

So, what is our radical plan to save this campaign? Well - we were hoping to completely blow the lid open on the entire plan today, but unfortunately we aren’t allowed to just yet. The official announcement will be coming in a press release next week, but the gist is simple: The moment that the clock runs out here, this crowdfunding campaign will officially enter an intermission period. We have found a way to resume this campaign in just a few weeks’ time outside of Kickstarter or PayPal. You were the first supporters of The Tower, and as a special thank you we’ve got a bit of an extra treat.

SFV PS4 shadows never get old

i could live with zero shadows if it means that backgrounds animate at 60 fps

I want to blame the PS4 for the PC version having this because there's no reason for the PC version to have 30 fps backgrounds except for parity's sake.

Shame too because Capcom had never done this with their 3d backgrounds before. It's an incredible eyesore

This is a direct Steam Key for The Beta. Short Raffle. No need to wait. Get your Beta downloaded quickly:

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Beta -- MB-DA292A4695B10F08 - Taken by morningbus. 6 entrants total.

t1455900297z1.png

Werd

I thought you could increase Humble Bundle purchases to the next level for something like 30 days? Was thinking of going back and upping the strategy weekly but the option isn't there.

yuraya

I still don't see what's so insane about that. Everyone nowadays wants to do open world games.

After what he just went through with Konami and MGSV I think its pretty crazy for him to pursue something like that again right away. Something more ambitious than MGSV? Open world or not I think it will be very expensive. MGSV has like a million layers of really good AI.

Sony will have to cough up like at least 50 million for him to pull it off. If they build an engine from scratch again it probably won't release until 2020 or later.

louiedog

about an hour/hour and a half from it being 24 hours since doing that Sega games thing...still no e-mail with a key

It seems like a bad idea on their part. Sure, they get a bunch of email addresses (created mostly for spam use I assume) for the newsletter, but now they're going to have a clogged support system and people reselling keys which will cut into post-giveaway sales.

MUnited83

For you.
Oh boy, can't wait for Kojima to work on his new ambitious project for 8 years, release it unfinished and filled with terrible open world level design and uninteresting bloat.

madjoki

It seems like a bad idea on their part. Sure, they get a bunch of email addresses (created mostly for spam use I assume) for the newsletter, but now they're going to have a clogged support system and people reselling keys which will cut into post-giveaway sales.

Yeah, they have now closed second round early too. They can always disable codes from activation. So reselling isn't that huge problem.

Huh! No high quality option for textures in The Hitman Beta?
Where is also TressFX? Don't tell me Agent 47 is bald and doesn't need it, I thought his coat fur uses it and so does some other characters.

yuraya

Oh boy, can't wait for Kojima to work on his new ambitious project for 8 years, release it unfinished and filled with terrible open world level design and uninteresting bloat.

Keighley makes it sound like it but there is no guarantee its gonna be open world. MGS4 was a very linear game that was very ambitious. Had like 8 hours of cutscenes and cost north of 50 mil.

You never know what Kojima will do. Maybe ambitious means random generated levels or VR. Maybe its an mmo or somethin.

rtcn63

Started the beta, and it crashed to desktop after the first conversation. And there's no audio option and the subs didn't work.

Jawmuncher

Beat the Hitman Beta. It's not too bad. Isn't as easy as Absolution was. You can't really get away with playing as a shooter too much. Aside from maybe running to the exit. After I was able to do the Free Form mission and the last mission, felt it was a decent balance. There's enough extra additions to help players who might want it. Such as labeling the enemies that will find you suspicious and a detailed mini-map. Game ran ok on my GPU. Everything was low but it still looked alright. I might need to mess with my steam controller though. Aiming with the virtual analog felt a bit wonky.

Alright, so I absolutely love 999, Virtue's Last Reward, and the Ace Attorney games. Should I buy Dank Memeronpa? I got an extra $4.50 in my account so it'd be sub $20.

Vazduh

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Divekick -- MB-D53D60B3414045A2 - Taken by Saty
INK -- MB-5263D5DCEB173D16 - Taken by Kifimbo

Even weirder. The high option for textures is geryed out in the launcher, but when you start the game, the textures are set to low and this is the only option available ingame.

dex3108

So SteamGAF when we compare The Witness release and Firewatch release what is better?

In 24 days The Witness is sold in around 82K copies on Steam.

In 10 days Firewatch sold in around 187K copies on Steam.

The Witness was priced 40$ and Firewatch was priced 20$.

Now The Witness is much, much bigger/longer game but when we look at those numbers it looks like that Firewatch made more money in less days and gained much bigger user base for future games made by this studio. Do we still think that price doesn't matter that much? Would The Witness earned more money if it was priced for example 30$? What is your opinion SteamGAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom