• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Banned
The official motto of steamgaf.

I've bought full price games before, but I'd need some friends to play it with and I don't know how much content the full game will have so I'll wait.

Kudos to Ubisoft for doing a open beta, BTW. I didn't have the game on my radar before, but now it is.

I've bought full price games before, but I'd need some friends to play it with and I don't know how much content the full game will have so I'll wait.

Kudos to Ubisoft for doing a open beta, BTW. I didn't have the game on my radar before, but now it is.

i can see it having the same problem as destiny where the gameplay is alright but there just isn't enough content so you just get bored of it really quickly.

Khronico

I will totally buy games I want to support at full price, so I'm not official SteamGAF I guess. ;)

Rarely do I buy games at full price, and when I do, it's never games that release at more than 20 bucks usually.

Although I did buy MGSV, Witcher 3 and F4 day 1, but those weren't even close to the full price where I got them.

kagamin

Rarely do I buy games at full price, and when I do, it's never games that release at more than 20 bucks usually.

Although I did buy MGSV, Witcher 3 and F4 day 1, but those weren't even close to the full price where I got them.

I bought Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX, and Dragon Ball Xenoverse (probably should've waited but I don't regret buying it) all at full price last year.

Red Hood

Banned
Guys, what's the better game for my first RTS experience, Napoleon: Total War or Civilization: Beyond Earth?

Also, if you have an AMD GPU or CPU, you may be eligible for a free game.

Guys, what's the better game for my first RTS experience, Napoleon: Total War or Civilization: Beyond Earth?

Also, if you have an AMD GPU or CPU, you may be eligible for a free game.

Well, none of those are RTS games, so that might be hard. Napoleon has a realtime tactics component, so you may want to try that one first.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cool, thanks all. All my passwords are 50+ character random letters, numbers, and symbols with a different password for every site and I use disposable emails for everything so I'm not worried, just thought it was odd.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marvel Unlimited and also some other side also reset passwords the last few days. Wonder if there was a mass attack on various sites recently

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Rad. Won a key for the Make Love Not War thing and now I can play Streets of Rage II. AXEL AND BLAZE GONNA KICK SOME FACE.

Also a coupon that let me get Alpha Protocol which is totally a game that I thought I already had, but now have a desire to play. Heard that it is flawed but I love RPGs, so I think it is probably up my alley.

Cool, thanks all. All my passwords are 50+ character random letters, numbers, and symbols with a different password for every site and I use disposable emails for everything so I'm not worried, just thought it was odd.

FIFTY PLUS CHARACTERS!? Christ! And here I thought my random password of like 13 characters was dope shit. With 50 characters I'm sure you've never been hacked, have you? I mean I'm only rocking 13 and I've never been hacked.

SEGA Pack...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Make War Not Love 3 (Prize 2) -- MB-B06EF221F72EA026 - Taken by Sr Kitsune. 1 entrants total.

t1455938399z1.png

Ventara

Guys, I have a question regarding Team Fortress 2. Is there no way to transfer non-tradeable, non-marketable items. My younger brother finally can trade after waiting 30 days, but now he's absolutely devastated that all the cool weapons that he used and got kills on will be gone since he can't trade them to his account.

Assuming the answer is no, how much would it cost me to buy him a LV42 hat and something as good as a Strange Flame Thrower? I don't really play TF2, but I'm pretty sure I recall people buying and selling hats/weapons.

Guys, I have a question regarding Team Fortress 2. Is there no way to transfer non-tradeable, non-marketable items. My younger brother finally can trade after waiting 30 days, but now he's absolutely devastated that all the cool weapons that he used and got kills on will be gone since he can't trade them to his account.

Assuming the answer is no, how much would it cost me to buy him a LV42 hat and something as good as a Strange Flame Thrower? I don't really play TF2, but I'm pretty sure I recall people buying and selling hats/weapons.

I think you can giftwrap stuff that is not tradable (search for the giftwrap item in the market or the ingame store)

Btw, it's probably gonna be cheaper to buy the flamethrower directly rather than giftwrap it: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strange Flame Thrower

Ventara

I think you can giftwrap stuff that is not tradable (search for the giftwrap item in the market or the ingame store)

Btw, it's probably gonna be cheaper to buy the flamethrower directly rather than giftwrap it: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strange Flame Thrower

OMG! Thank you so much! He was so disappointed I thought he'd cry. This would brighten him right up. I'll have to ask him about the flamethrower, though, since his has a 113 kill streak on it or something.

Do I have to wait a week to use the gift wrap? I go in-game and use it on the item he wants, but nothing happens. It's unequipped and all.

Edit: Searching it up on the internet, it seems the feature ("giftapult") at the moment is not working. And apparently it hasn't been working for 2 months. FUUUUUUUUUUU! Fix this Valve!

Finished the tutorial in Hitman Beta. Just started the next/same mission. Challenges show there are lots of various options which is nice.
Some things I don't like that much, you can't aim freely when throwing stuff on people, it locks to them when aiming close to them. Why. No quicksave button but saving through menu. That doesn't sound fun in the way I play stealth games. Hope they add that for the full game. The Hitman Radar Skill makes orienting, exploration and planning a tad less old-school than I'd like from a stealth game but I can only tell later once I play more by only relying on the map for that. It wouldn't surprise me that it doesn't play well or fun that way though as adding that Hitman Sixth Sense ought to impact mission & level design, difficulty & balance significantly. Let's see.
Will hopefully try the beta much more tomorrow. Still haven't played enough to say much. Visually it's OK. Somehow the populated ship doesn't look that good but the barren start (mountain base) looks really nice.

Eila

OMG! Thank you so much! He was so disappointed I thought he'd cry. This would brighten him right up. I'll have to ask him about the flamethrower, though, since his has a 113 kill streak on it or something.

Do I have to wait a week to use the gift wrap? I go in-game and use it on the item he wants, but nothing happens. It's unequipped and all.

Edit: Searching it up on the internet, it seems the feature ("giftapult") at the moment is not working. And apparently it hasn't been working for 2 months. FUUUUUUUUUUU! Fix this Valve!

Kill counts get reset when you trade the weapon, but 113 is not too many.

the controls in Hitman are too hampered, there's too many weird keybindings, like seriously, and the framedrops are lol worthy

I'll wait for steam sale

That is what the box said. There was a vampire that ate fish.

This girl with a baseball bat would go around and say she wanted her happy ending. I made it through the main story and then tapped out.

OOOH you're talking about Disgaea 4, aka like one of the best ones. The thing with her is that she died and the factory that makes prinny suits ran out so she just got a jersey and a hat, throughout the whole game she swears that everything that is happening is just a dream. She never mentions anything about a happy ending though, if she does its most likely referring to seeing her father tho. She's the worst character in 4, she's really annoying. if it wasn't for her Disgaea 4 would be number 1.

also the vampire you speak of is obsessed with sardines, its really funny.

Ventara

Kill counts get reset when you trade the weapon, but 113 is not too many.

Ah, I'll have to let him know that. And it turns out the strange flame thrower he has is actually a phlogistinator (whatever that is).

Anyways, I told him about the busted giftapult, but told him that he can buy a regular strange flame thrower (the prices on some of the special ones were CRAZY) and a hat. He ended up picking a chicken hat for whatever reason, but he seemed happy, so all is well.

Lain

Finished the tutorial in Hitman Beta. Just started the next/same mission. Challenges show there are lots of various options which is nice.
Some things I don't like that much, you can't aim freely when throwing stuff on people, it locks to them when aiming close to them. Why. No quicksave button but saving through menu. That doesn't sound fun in the way I play stealth games. Hope they add that for the full game. The Hitman Radar Skill makes orienting, exploration and planning a tad less old-school than I'd like from a stealth game but I can only tell later once I play more by only relying on the map for that. It wouldn't surprise me that it doesn't play well or fun that way though as adding that Hitman Sixth Sense ought to impact mission & level design, difficulty & balance significantly. Let's see.
Will hopefully try the beta much more tomorrow. Still haven't played enough to say much. Visually it's OK. Somehow the populated ship doesn't look that good but the barren start (mountain base) looks really nice.

Did you try taking disabling auto-aim? I noticed it's on by default. Might be the cause for that, though I didn't bother disabling it myself so maybe it won't change anything.

Backlogger

Hitman Beta seems to have pretty good performa- oh wait nevermind, it just crashed.

By the way, I think I still have my second key if someone wants to try to redeem it. Its the promo code you have to redeem on the Hitman website to get a Steam or PS4 key. Not sure if those still work on not.

Gattsu25

Banned
devil daggers goty 2016 so far buy it its $5

fuck, the sound design on Devil Daggers is the creepiest shit ever

Hell yes. Saw this game on RPS and picked it up today. It's fucking legit.

Visual design heavily reminds me of Quake 1 and Hexen 2 only much meaner and leaner.

Game is fast as hell and the sound, like you say, is fucking intense.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

When I figured out that you also started out with a rocket-jump enabling shotgun blast? Broad smile over my face.

The game is basically a high intensity arcade style survival game. High scores everywhere. Every run has a replay uploaded to the server Dota 2 style.

Giant Bomb played Devil Daggers today on one of their live shows and it looked really great. The leaderboard replays are game-selling material.

And about Hitman: Absolution. It's like being John Wick, if John Wick didn't know about or prepare for anything he did. Play and watch a comedy of errors unfold that only a psychic operative could counter; you will pick up that item or disguise, but only if the game wants you to. Hitman Absolution - the Anti-Devil Daggers.

Stop, you guys. You're making me want to pick up Devil Daggers when I'm over here contemplating on picking up dang man Ru Paul before the promotional price ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom