• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never bought a Street Fighter game at release. Watching AngryJoe's reviews of UMVC3 and SFxT convinced me that they weren't worth buying at full price.

No, I mean, you have a Use key. Then you have a Use 2 key. And a Pick Up key. And a Use Item key that is different from the "fire" one and that I've only seen pop up as contextual for things in the world and only works if you already have the item in question.
None of these ever appear at the same time or overlap, so... why is this not one fucking key?

There's like 24 inputs, not counting WASD.
How many does a controller have? 12?

I'm seeing that too. I've got 12 buttons I have to use to perform most actions.

Vaulting over a box is one key. Choking out and using bodies have four different buttons assigned to them. Opening a door takes one. Instinct is tied to the L-Ctrl key, and there's probably a half-dozen I haven't even discovered yet.

Jawmuncher

Until Dawn and Tales from the borderlands were in my top 5 last year. Really fun cinematic games. Until Dawn has great production values and a lot of nice little changes due to player actions. Tales from the borderlands doesn't have the budget, but the story is pretty damn good there. Both rely on QTEs about the same amount. I'm hoping we see a big budget cinematic game on PC, since ATM it seems like those games are really only on PS. I was just trying to make this relevant to steam.

dot

Until Dawn and Tales from the borderlands were in my top 5 last year. Really fun cinematic games. Until Dawn has great production values and a lot of nice little changes due to player actions. Tales from the borderlands doesn't have the budget, but the story is pretty damn good there. Both rely on QTEs about the same amount. I'm hoping we see a big budget cinematic game on PC, since ATM it seems like those games are really only on PS. I was just trying to make this relevant to steam.

If i liked Until Dawn would i like Telltale games? They look similar... I never tried any of their games before.

SFV must have bombed hard, it already disapeared from the top 10 list.

Probably deservingly so from a "package / business decision to release it like so" point of view, but man it breaks my heart. The actual game is the best SF has been in ages, and when it eventually works properly, its going to be amazing.

On the flip side, im sure a good summer sale deal with the online fixed by then (one would hope lol), the march modes added, a few more dlc characters out and that cinematic story in june might give it a nice bump in sales.

It barely reach 100k owners yet as of now. Yeah it's not looking very good sales wise.

$42.99 at GMG

Or soon to be $20 from GPU bundles.

It's been 2 days and I still haven't seen anyone selling a key from gpu bundle.
Only 3 more weeks to release. :/

Ben652

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ben652, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Binary Domain, Condemned, Streets of Rage II -- MB-C7AE62DDEF055CF3 - Taken by Darth Kupi

AHA-Lambda

Yeah I'd probably bite on The Division for bout $20 but any time I've seen it on BST it's been bout $30-40?

Not sure what I'm waiting for next Steamwise, what's all coming out in March?

There's The Division, Hitman and supposedly The Day of the Tentacle remaster as well but haven't heard anything bout it since that release window was announced.

Also for owners of Republique, Blues & Bullets and Walking Dead Michone, there are new episodes

Said it before but March is so quiet compared to normal, it's weird :/

Camilla's the only waifu...
latest

Not sure what I'm waiting for next Steamwise, what's all coming out in March?

Blazblue 3 is coming out as well as Xblaze.

Hell yes. Saw this game on RPS and picked it up today. It's fucking legit.

Visual design heavily reminds me of Quake 1 and Hexen 2 only much meaner and leaner.

Game is fast as hell and the sound, like you say, is fucking intense.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

When I figured out that you also started out with a rocket-jump enabling shotgun blast? Broad smile over my face.

The game is basically a high intensity arcade style survival game. High scores everywhere. Every run has a replay uploaded to the server Dota 2 style.

This sounds like something that's very relevant to my interests

dex3108

Yeap there arw definitely AI issues in Hitman. Sometimes AI is really, really dumb. For example I accidentally knocked guard from the front and target in final mission heard and started screaming but I moved body quickly and took guards uniform and in 10 sec everything went back to normal. There are also things like you are disguised as higher rank person and lower rank guards stop you from entering certain areas. And they let mechanic in those areas.

Also you can knock out guard in open area without alerting guards on the roof if they are far away enough.

There are issues but game is fun to play for sure. But I am afraid that even on bigger maps you will be able to finish decent amount playthroughts in couple of hours and then just abandon game until next episode.

And animations are not that good too.

Leftover from the "With the price of Anime cards, I can't possibly lose money buying this bundle" bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tokyo Hosto -- MB-9C3AA7E1F99CF975 - Taken by Kurt Russell

Lain

Got my Tokyo Dark closed alpha and also finally managed to sign up for the backer forum, so I got to grab those wallpapers! And the emoticons are damn cute.
I'm glad I backed this, the foundations to a nice mystery/horror game are definitely there.

Now to wait for the Children of Morta one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Steam said:
Refunds are typically not issued for purchases that are more than 14 days old.

So, uh... why is Valve counting my pre-order date OVER the launch date? Does anyone else find that kinda... shitty?

I can request a refund for Super Alpha Fighter 5, but I can't automatically get it despite it launching earlier this week/Tuesday because I pre-ordered back in October expecting a bit more of a complete game.

I mean, sure. I can refund it but it has to go through their shitty support instead of automatically doing it within the launch period.

Phinor

It sounds like Finnish.

Not even close! Tonsillitis in common Finnish is usually called "nielurisatulehdus" and is quite often caused by "streptokokkibakteeri". Doctors probably use the term "tonsilliitti" though to make it all confusing for regular people.

Sch1sm

my until dawn review-
there are better things you can do with your time

It's not even a bad game, what are you saying? lol. Quite enjoyed it. Finished it in a single sitting. Decently immersive with snappy QTEs and characters you feel something toward whether it be hate
fuuuuu Jessica
or barely tolerable
Emily
or, you know, great. I'd love to hear why you've given it that review, really.

Make it three

Fourth for me. Been sick for nearly a week.

So, uh... why is Valve counting my pre-order date OVER the launch date? Does anyone else find that kinda... shitty?

I can request a refund for Super Alpha Fighter 5, but I can't automatically get it despite it launching earlier this week/Tuesday because I pre-ordered back in October expecting a bit more of a complete game.

I mean, sure. I can refund it but it has to go through their shitty support instead of automatically doing it within the launch period.

That is pretty bad, but at least there's an alternative. They're still lightyears ahead of GMG's copy/paste caliber of support that refuses refunds.

--------

I played Shan Gui.

Wasn't really a fan, but it didn't over stay it's welcome since it was only about an hour long. It was fine for what I expected, just didn't really care for it. Soundtrack was okay. Art was okay. Wording was... uh. Awkward at best a lot of the time and could come across a bit weird considering they were coming from a 12 year old
even though she turns out to be the daughter of the Mountain God and a purple fox or something, wtf, every time with this 10000 y/o Dragon sort of deal.

Jawmuncher

If i liked Until Dawn would i like Telltale games? They look similar... I never tried any of their games before.

I think so. Just go in knowing they're of cheaper quality. Tales from the borderlands, the wolf among us, and walking dead season 1 are the highest recommended from them.

Ludens

Banned
Well, Talos turned very hard really quickly. Expecially if you want to get all stars. I need to do B6 but I dropped the game for one or two weeks, boot it again today, did a couple of levels...but it really feels like a work.
The game is good, but it's not the game you can play mindless.

Throat hurts badly. Swallowing is painful.
Crap, I got a cold :'(

Sounds like alot of us are sick with a cold right now, it's definitely going around.

I see things going better in June when the story mode comes out. So long as that is a decent 6 hour affair and the rest of the modes promised are there.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They are saying the story mode is going to be 1-2 hours.

Jawmuncher

Sounds like alot of us are sick with a cold right now, it's definitely going around.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They are saying the story mode is going to be 1-2 hours.

The cinematic story mode? Only story mode I have seen them talk about for length is the character stories that were in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom