• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish it was too just so u guys could play it, its a really good game! Apparently its doing pretty well too which is great to hear. I hope we get more digimon games if they're just as good as this one.

Enter the Dragon Punch (IIRC) said bad things about the difficulty curve which cooled my jets on it.

Also I thought more about the... general Digimon aestheticmon that brought me to my senses.
*slaps you and pushes your nose in the virtual turd*
No. Bad LurkerPrime.

I'm at 15% downloaded. Practically locked into this thing.

It can't be worse than Thi4f, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hitman Absolution is a great Splinter Cell game

Ludens

Banned
Enter the Dragon Punch (IIRC) said bad things about the difficulty curve which cooled my jets on it.

Also I thought more about the... general Digimon aestheticmon that brought me to my senses.

I'm at 15% downloaded. Practically locked into this thing.

It can't be worse than Thi4f, right?
Absolution is great.

Dr Dogg

So decided I'd give Nash a spin and see if I can be disciplined and reign in raw special usage and unsafe sweeps I decided to fir up survial and just use 1 combo to go through the lot of them. Easy was just that quite easy and was landing around that specific combo 2 to 3 per round. A bit trickier on Normal but was still going well until getting to about 20 odd where i was having to resort to other move. And at 29 I got the fear against Necali and with both of us on a pixel of life left I went back to stupid sweeping and the fucker blocked it and counter hit me to make that the longest lesson to realise I need to disconnect my hard kick button :(

Khronico

In terms of bad/incongruous entries in amazing series, I'd say it goes Hitman Absolution>Splinter Cell Conviction>>>>>>>>>>>>Thi4f

I expected absolutely nothing from Thi4f and was still incredibly disappointed.
Conviction was a decent shootbang so it wasn't boring at least.
Hitman had 2 decent Hitman-y levels along with Contracts mode so it was moderately enjoyable overall (like 6/10 at best).
The only thing Thi4f had going for it was that it was actually quite pretty, but graphics and art design can only take you so far.

Salsa

mYrbZf6.jpg

the greatest

Turfster

Speaking of Hitman (beta), man, the AI still needs... work.
I just shook off a suspicious guard by walking into a room and standing halfway behind the door.
He followed me in, looked at the door between us and went "Now where could he be?" then wandered off again.

Knock out a random dude to see what'll happen, all the security guys go on high alert and swarm towards me... then just run past me and go upstairs. Hello?

Hide in a closet in sight of a guy to see what'll happen, he goes "Oh no! Please!", runs off, everyone on the fucking boat starts screaming. Um.

rtcn63

I've been replaying Dead Space 2 on Zealot difficulty (not NG+) and the exploding necros are bullshit. Combined with the often unfair enemy placement, it makes the game infuriating more than not. BUT, the combat is still more satisfying than RoTR, so I'm going to truck on.

xist

I've been replaying Dead Space 2 on Zealot difficulty (not NG+) and the exploding necros are bullshit. Combined with the often unfair enemy placement, it makes the game infuriating more than not. BUT, the combat is still more satisfying than RoTR, so I'm going to truck on.

I just finished Zealot last week, and am most of the way through Dead Space 3...the worst necromorphs for me were the really fast torso ones without legs that propel themselves with their arms...didn't find Zealot too bad with the ripper and plasma cutter, but there's no chance i have a hardcore runthrough in me....the elevator rides would just destroy me.

Turns out that amazing deal is US-only.

I should have known, but I'm so bummed right now.

The only bright side is that in looking for pics of my (ugly yet apparently not uncommon) case, I rediscovered the pop-out panel so I could have headphones in the front jack. All this time I was using USB. So maybe I'll get myself a nice pair of gaming headphones, instead of these Logitech ones that - while comfy with decent quality sound - are not that durable. One side is held together with book tape.

rtcn63

I just finished Zealot last week, and am most of the way through Dead Space 3...the worst necromorphs for me were the really fast torso ones without legs that propel themselves with their arms...didn't find Zealot too bad with the ripper and plasma cutter, but there's no chance i have a hardcore runthrough in me....the elevator rides would just destroy me.

Oh those torso fuckers are the main reason I'm considering upgrading my stasis. (Currently on Chapter 09)

Also I'm playing with a gamepad, so I'm not aiming/shooting as fast I could. I currently have no plasma ammo but a shitload of contact energy, and one of those is enough to kill most enemies.

Jawmuncher

I'm still deciding on what to do with my case. I need to update my PC. But keeping it in the same case is gonna cost me like 500. Which at that point im considering just taking it out and putting it in a new case with an actual power supply.

you can change the difficulty from normal (which is super easy) to hard (which is basically normal). I'm playing on hard and the game is great and all but i do gotta admit the final bosses in some chapters are really annoying, they got super high defense, a lot of health and do a lot of damage.

AHA-Lambda

Hitman Beta is rough in a couple places. I had a fair few encounters where 47 froze in place whenever I activated certain items, like when finishing a mission or using the
safety procedure for the jet
. I can only guess I had activated these things too soon as I had just killed the target moments ago in the first instance and the NPC wasn't ready yet in the second instance. But both cases required a reload as 47 wouldn't move.

Also yeah, the AI could do some work. I got a group of NPCs stuck in a hilarious loop of suspicion when after becoming suspicious went to blend in at the bar, and then as each NPC around me went back to their default state, another would become suspicious sending each NPC into a cycle of suspicion that wouldn't clear as long as I kept blending in.

But it's definitely fun, and a step back to form. The replay value will be huge for it.
I still don't like the episodic model but it'll probably feel like a collection of 6 different Ground Zeroes by the end, for better or worse.

Also, I've played about an hour-ish of Danganronpa so far, and I'm really really liking it!

Hitman Absolution is a great Splinter Cell game

This is actually pretty true.

EDIT: Well maybe one of the weaker Splinter Cell games actually. It's more Conviciton than Chaos Theory. But definitely more SC than Hitman.

Turfster

Drop a liferaft straight on
the target right next to a suspicious guard that's starting to talk to you, the second the target is dead, he resets and you can just walk away. Uhh...
Yeah, I really hope this is an old beta and they fixed these things in the final version.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Make War Not Love 3 Prize Pack 2 -- MB-5AE61C5E20A3BB89 - Taken by QFNS. 2 entrants total.

t1455928377z1.png

This has been an auto repost

Andrefpvs

Hey SteamGAF, long time no see. Here's a game for you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Andrefpvs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blue Rose (Visual Novel) -- MB-5139C3D61AC9DB7E - Taken by gaiadyne

The only Disgaea game I played had a little girl going around wanting a "happy ending."

I got like 4 dollars for it at Gamestop. It was the collector's edition.

Lain

Hitman beta is fun. Performance wasn't exactly great for me (some weird sort of screen tearing despite having v-sync on, dunno how to explain it better) but the game looks great and it's fun, at least the intro is fun.

Annubis

Nekopara 1 hour ago:
« This item will be available in 1 hour. »

Nekopara now:
« This item is not yet available. »

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH !!!

Nillansan

It's about the same as any old school resident evil game puzzle wise. While DC2 is a straight up action game.

I haven't played any of the older Resident Evil games yet, but going by the impressions in the video, Dino Crisis 2 looks more appealing to me, the puzzles and inventory management in Dino Crisis 1 just looks way too tedious. I wasn't aware that those mechanics applied to the older Resident Evil games as well. Did they make any improvements to inventory management aspect in the recent Resident Evil re-releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom